Under 1ct diamonds

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 5.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
Those are so pretty Sweet Pink. Are they Scott Kay?
I love the bands.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
I agree sweet pink--these stones are all so lovely. Even though you may yearn for upgrades, please remember how much thought and love went into these rings. That has absolutely nothing to do with carat size. My ring was stolen--I got engaged in college and believe me, 1/2 ct was wayyyy above his income at the time (which was zero, by the way). His dad even had to cosign on the loan!! So, although I''m very happy & grateful to have a new diamond, I miss my 1/2 ct heart-shaped stone. It provided me with such wonderful memories. I''m hoping it actually wasn''t stolen, but my toddlers put it somewhere and we''ll find it down the road. I would do anything to be able to post it on this forum.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Those are three beautiful rings!!!!! With your permission, I''m saving those photos for future inspriration!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
SweetPink,
Love your rings.
Im going to get shot for saying this around here but i like that look a lot better than 1 larger round stone.
More bling for the buck.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 12:39:35 PM
Author: amytude
I agree sweet pink--these stones are all so lovely. Even though you may yearn for upgrades, please remember how much thought and love went into these rings. That has absolutely nothing to do with carat size. My ring was stolen--I got engaged in college and believe me, 1/2 ct was wayyyy above his income at the time (which was zero, by the way). His dad even had to cosign on the loan!! So, although I''m very happy & grateful to have a new diamond, I miss my 1/2 ct heart-shaped stone. It provided me with such wonderful memories. I''m hoping it actually wasn''t stolen, but my toddlers put it somewhere and we''ll find it down the road. I would do anything to be able to post it on this forum.

I hope it turns up for you. My girlfriend was frantic because she had misplaced her ering- she couldn''t find it anywhere.

Well at the end of the summer when she was getting her winter clothes out- she found a pair of pants and happened to go through the pockets. Guess what she found!
9.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Thank you...so much, definitely more bling for the buck.
30.gif

Sevens one: they are not Scott Kay...Hubby picked them out way before we even knew what pricescope was. I am trying to persuade him to post here and give his story about how much he went through to get them, it is the sweetest story.
emlove.gif

I agree..that the rings mean so much more than ct weight. The fact that someone that wants to spend the rest of their life with you, gave you something beautiful is what matters and that makes them perfect.

Amytude I sure hope you find your ring,

fountainfairfax: honey hush, go ahead and save them..I am so flattered

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 11
6.gif
6.gif
9 AM
Author: SweetPink
Tomatoe: is that a custom made setting?

It is, though it was not entirely built from scratch. I had it done from a local manufacturer-type shop in the wall. It comes as a pre-fabricated setting, and I provided 9 of the 10 tiny melee needed for the pave at the sides. It is 18k whitegold and the lady promised me that the band area nearest to my palm would not turn yellow quick cos I had a prior bad experience with a custom-made setting turning yellow in 1 mth from another shop. Anyways, I am not entirely happy with the setting because the stone is loose already. I haven't been able to get it fixed this week because it is the Lunar New yr week and everyone is closed, especially shops like these. *sigh* I haven't been able to wear it out for fear of losing my stone, dont have insurance on it (where I come from, it is a chore to find insurance).
15.gif

Your rings are lovely, thanks for sharing!
30.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
This is my 0.75 ctw Christmas ring.

I wear a size 6, BTW.

12043 75points.JPG

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
And this is my three stone fay cullen ring set in platinum. Centre 0.44, sides 0.33 each.

I love wearing my baby diamonds ''cos when I put my 2ct solitaire back on it looks HUGE
9.gif

faycullen plat three stone.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
SweetPink

I think your set is ever so pretty. I love to see three ring sets that go together so well. My ideal set would be two prong set diamond full eternity bands either side of my ering. I like full eternity bands as all my rings tend to swing, no matter what I do.

I have two bands set with sims that I sometimes wear either side one of my erings and I love the look. One of these days I''ll get them made in the real deal with Signed Pieces. They won''t be too heavy carat weight-wise either - under a carat total per ring.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread and all of your amazingly spakley beauties!! I have a .96 sitting lonely in a drawer waiting for a setting. I''ve noticed that a lot of you have very small finger sizes and the stones look huge. What I''m wondering is: do you think that a .96 will look too small on a 5.5 finger? Does anyone have a larger finger size with an under 1 carat stone.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous rings!!
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, one of mine''s an 84 pointer and I have a size 6 finger. It looks plenty big enough to me.
30.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bagpuss!
Your diamond does look big on your size 6! your rings are beautiful!
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 4:35:33 PM
Author: Kaili
I love this thread and all of your amazingly spakley beauties!! I have a .96 sitting lonely in a drawer waiting for a setting. I''ve noticed that a lot of you have very small finger sizes and the stones look huge. What I''m wondering is: do you think that a .96 will look too small on a 5.5 finger? Does anyone have a larger finger size with an under 1 carat stone.

9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif

American 5.5 is huge?
23.gif
It is not, so pls do something about that poor little 0.96ct yesterday!!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Kaili,

Here is my .95c stone. This ring is a size 5.5.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Nice of you to say so, my dear.
9.gif

Remember everything is relative. Pricescopers do tend to go for larger rocks than your average woman in the street. Here in the UK, most women would consider anything near a carat as a very large diamond! Very few ordinary women in Britain have one that big, let alone bigger. When I got my 2 carat baby, all of my friends and aquaintances were amazed at the size because they just didn't know anyone else who actually owned one that big.

They weren't too suprised that I had ended up with one simply because they all knew I loved my diamonds/jewellery in general and had talked about getting a 'really nice' diamond ring for some time. Plus, they knew how generous my dh is when it came to buying me sparklies.
9.gif

But that said, I still went out and got my 84 pointer because I like smaller but perfectly formed diamonds too.
30.gif

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, guys--I am hoping someday I will find it again. BTW, where are all the gals with bigger fingers? I''m not even sure of my ring size, but it is def. above a 7. I inherited that from my family. We don''t have the type of finger where our knuckles are bigger. They are fattest at the base and then taper up. Man, I would love to have a size 5 or 6 finger.

I am going to look for my setting tomorrow, so wish me luck. I have an idea of what I want, but I don''t know exactly. I hope I don''t frustrate the jeweler too much.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend (I have a yucky cold!!!).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif
Hi,
I think a .96 will look *perfect* on a 5.5 finger. My finger is 4.5/4.75ish due to knuckle (my ring is very loose once on) and I tried a .97 or so and it was too big looking for me. For your diamond size, you''ll have PLENTY of bling
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my rings. Diamond is .42 and my finger has big knuckles so the ring is sized to either 4.5 or 4.75 (can't remember which) to accommodate this, but my fingers are a bit smaller.

mcsringsonhand.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 11
6.gif
6.gif
9 AM
Author: SweetPink
jcjd: what type setting is that..that is so unique.

Thank you! I love its uniqueness! I don''t know who designed the ring - my fiance just saw it at the jewelers set with a pear-shape sapphire instead of a diamond. It is satin-finish/brushed platinum. I''ll try to remember to ask about designers next time I''m in there...
1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Tomatoe
1.gif
, I didn''t mean to sound bratty about my stone. I guess I''ve just gotten so used to seeing such huge rocks on my friend''s hands and here on Pricescope. Also, compared to others, I thought my fingerers were big. Guess I got to get my head screwed on right
2.gif
We''re trying to find a setting that we like in our price-range, so hopefully I''ll be able to share it with you guys soon!

Patty, thanks for showing me similar proportions to what mine will look like
9.gif

Bagpuss, I agree with you about loving smaller perfectly formed diamonds. That is what we ended up going towards.

Amytude & MichelleCarmen, thanks for the feedback.

What a great thread!! Thanks everyone
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread and all of your amazingly spakley beauties!! I have a .96 sitting lonely in a drawer waiting for a setting. I've noticed that a lot of you have very small finger sizes and the stones look huge. What I'm wondering is: do you think that a .96 will look too small on a 5.5 finger? Does anyone have a larger finger size with an under 1 carat stone.

9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif

.96 cts will look HUGE on your tiny finger!! I believe the average ring finger size in the US is a 6 or 7 (based on sample sizes at jewelry stores), so your finger is below average. If you take that information along with the fact that the majority of diamond e-rings in the US is approx. .75 cts, yours will be far from "small" for your finger.
1.gif
Would love to see a picture of your stone if you've got one!!!

ETA - Oooo! I forgot to add that if you want to make the stone look larger, you could set it in a pave halo setting, a la Treysar or Reena's erings. Treysar's stone in particular looks like it's over twice as large in her halo setting compared with her solitaire - absolutely gorgeous!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
All of your rings are gorgeous!! And the styles are so varied, it makes them so fun to look through.

Ivy, I must say that your setting is really stunning!! I am wondering if you have a wedding band to go with it and what does/will it look like?

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Here is my engagement ring... I wear a size 4.5... the diamond is a .65 carat... I just posted pic''s recently in show me the ring.. but I couldn''t resist posting again...

I personally found when we were looking for an engagement ring... that anything .40 or over really started to look like quite a nice size on my hand!

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
ooops here it is....

Tulip.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 9
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
Author: diamond-princess
Hello,

Here is my engagement ring... I wear a size 4.5... the diamond is a .65 carat... I just posted pic''s recently in show me the ring.. but I couldn''t resist posting again...

I personally found when we were looking for an engagement ring... that anything .40 or over really started to look like quite a nice size on my hand!

I found that too - I LOVED a 3/8 ct rb on my 4.5 finger (JUST PERFECT!!!!!), but 1/4 and 1/2 looked nice too. 1ct was HUGE, and let''s not get started with the 2ct, not that I''d turn it down though...
2.gif

Love your elegant ring, btw!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! those are all beautiful stuff that you guy''s posted.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond princess, your ring looks much bigger....because it has lots of sparkle!
emsmiled.gif

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine - 0.70 carat - and I think I''m a size 6.5 or 7!
I truely think that carat size is a matter of perspective, where I''m from (New Zealand) anything over 1/2 carat is considered large so it amuses me no end to hear you all talking about "baby diamonds" under 1 carat
emteeth.gif

sjj31.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results