color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! :)

A

Anonymous

My new 0.63 I VS2 ideal cut RB GIA-certified in a tapered cathedral euro-shank setting. He got the diamond on blue nile and we found the setting in a brick-and-mortar store. When he brought the diamond in, the jeweler had him put it on a Sarin Diamension machine and it came out AGS triple 0. It really sparkles a lot!
9.gif
and I love it.
I wish I knew how to attach more than 1 file to each post, but I haven't figured it out yet, so it'll be 3 separate posts.

For some reason the attachment I put did not work. I'll try again.

A

Anonymous

Hope this works.

tammyr1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Another.

tammyr2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Last one I''ll post
9.gif
. I love my ring!

tammyr3.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Yours is such a beautiful ring, Tammy. Congratulations!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy, that is such a beauty you have there!

Pippit

Rough_Rock
I agree with you! I love my ring. The center stone is a .70 brilliant cut, F color, VVS1 with 8 round diamonds around it creating a "flower" effect. It also makes the stone look bigger than it is. This ring is the Harry Winston Sunflower Diamond Ring, and it sells for $14,500.00 and comes out to just under $16K with tax. I''ve never seen a ring sparkle so much! I LOVE IT! It''s AMAZING!! But nothing is as amazing as the wonderful man who gave it to me. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
1.gif

HWSunflowerRing.jpg

Pippit

Rough_Rock
Here it is on my finger. It''s so difficult to take pictures of this ring. Also, all I have is my phone camera. Anyone have any suggestions on how to take good pictures of your ring without using a good camera?

HWSunflowerRing2.jpg

Jenn_Sima

Rough_Rock
Tammy & Pippit - Ur rings are gorgeous
36.gif

My ring is a 0.7ct RB, an upgrade from my 0.3ct.
When I first put it on my finger (ard a month ago), it felt huge...
Now I suffering from DSS though...hmmmm
38.gif

DSC01065_edit.jpg

Pippit

Rough_Rock
Tammy, I love the picture you posted of your ring out in the sun. It looks like it should be in a magazine! Fantastic!

Jenn, I love your ring too... but what is RB? and what is DSS? I''m new to this and am computer lingo challenged!

I really like the stacking of rings, but I haven''t been able to put any rings with my sunflower ring because of the shape of it. I also have a problem bc the wedding band my husband (I love being able to say "my husband"... especially because I am so truly, madly, deeply in love with this man) purchased for me only fits on my left hand! I never realized my right hand is larger than my left! Originally, I was going to keep the sunflower ring on my right hand, but because I''m right handed, I''m afraid it will get banged around more. Anyway, the size of the ring right now is 5.5, but it''s too big on both my left and right ring fingers. I don''t like that the ring spins around on my finger. It just doesn''t look good flopped over to the side. I called Harry Winston and they''re going to size it for me this Friday. I asked them to put the "balls" inside the ring, but they said they don''t do that. I don''t know what they''re going to do, but I do hope it''s fast, because I''d like to be wearing my ring when I leave the store that day.

Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase GIA certified diamonds that are only .10 each? Does the GIA even certify diamonds that small? I''d like to design a piece of jewelry for myself, but only want excellent quality (especially excellent cut) small stones. I never realized how important the cut is... I mean, without the sparkle, what''s the point of having a diamond? I think the sparkle is the most important thing. I love seeing the colors jump out from the stones. I''m thinking about going for classes at the GIA in Manhattan. I find diamonds fascinating.
1.gif

Jenn_Sima

Rough_Rock
Hi Pippit!

RB is round brilliant & DSS is diamond shrinkage syndrome.
I''m super new too so no worries
28.gif

I don''t know abt GIA certifying small diamonds though cuz from where I''m from, the smallest GIA-certified diamonds I see ard at shops are 0.3cts...Maybe it doesn''t make economical sense to certify small diamonds? Hmmm...

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Pippit, your ring is so beautiful. I''ve never come across anything like it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Pippit

Rough_Rock
Joelly, Thanks so much. I really love it too. Mostly for the way it sparkles.
1.gif

Jenn, ROFL! My husband was worried that I would feel that way bc they sell a larger version of this ring. But I was honest and said I didn''t look at the ring and wish it were bigger. I had this one on my left hand and the larger one on my right hand and he said it was a noticable difference, but there was about a $10K price difference and I didn''t feel like I had to have the bigger one. Plus, he would have had to save for a few more months to purchase it... and for what? This ring sparkles like a dream and it shines every color of the rainbow. I really didn''t think it was worth it. If he/we had the money, I would have said "Great"... but I don''t feel DSS... at least not yet, anyway. I''ve only had it for 6 days though! LOL! Give me time! JK!! I think I''ll ask him to save up that extra cash so we can go to Paris. We never went on a honeymoon. He bought me the ring and we were married at city hall the next day. No bells and whistles... except in our heads!
9.gif

He was my HS sweetheart and we met up again via facebook. He had been divorced for years, and I was in the midst of a difficult divorce. He''s everything I''ve ever wanted in a man and I''m so glad we met up again.

OK, OK... TMI! Sorry! I''m just really happy... and it had been so long for me. I''m over the moon for this man, and I can''t believe he''s so in love with me too! It just feels really good. It feels... AMAZING!! I''m with the love of my life. How many people can say that?
33.gif

We''re so happy we cry about it sometimes
39.gif
, like two idiots! lol. We just can''t believe we''re together.
30.gif
This... is love. :::sigh:::
36.gif

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I''m so happy I read this thread : ) My boyfriend and I picked out a setting a few months ago and I think we decided on a .90ct stone because it was SO pretty, Princess Cut. I just was floored with it compared to the larger stones we looked at. Then I went through the entire eye candy folder and started feeling a bit inferior, I started worrying that .90cts would look too small on my 6.5 finger. Now I feel a little better.. I think. : P I bet it''ll help when he proposes and I get to see it everyday.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an 84 point D-VS2 WF ACA. I don''t have any handshots because the ring is still in transit to me.

LW-topshot-cropped.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring Pippit!

H

hlpkaixin3344

My new re-set. .71 ct Emerald cut with 16 .03ct channel set princess cut sidestones in a 2.5mm rose gold band. Matching plain rose gold 2.3mm band.

Emerald cut in Rose Gold.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Not sure why I showed up as anonymous last night... but here is one more shot of the ring.
.71 ct Emerald cut in a platinum head with 16 .03ct channel set princess cut sidestones in a 2.5mm rose gold band. Matching plain rose gold 2.3mm band. Both in a size 5.

Sideshot 1a.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! I'm new here (this is my first post!) and wanted to share my under one carat lovely little set.

**Link removed by moderator. Please upload directly to forums to comply with forum policies**

I love it. The center is a half carat, idea cut, VS1 H color stone. The engagement ring has 4 4mm stones, while the band has 5 4mm stones. All illusion set. They are from the late 30's and set in white gold. Ring size is 5.5.

There is nothing I love more than illusion settings, they're just so good at giving the impression of major sparkle for smaller stones.

I have loved looking at this thread and seeing so many beautiful styles!

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
My AGS0 .817 J VS2 from James Allen. Finger size 2.5.

sparklie_1649.JPG

samwe26

Rough_Rock
My .9ct colorless princess cut solitaire on platinum tiffany setting band.

Finger size: 4.5

17879_861307914928_5701598_48094674_4681479_n.jpg

samwe26

Rough_Rock
Another angle -- but blurry!

17879_861307904948_5701598_48094673_2997957_n.jpg

H

hlpkaixin3344

My original diamond. A .55ct G SI1 Oval currently in a white gold Solstice setting. I''d love to come up with a good idea to mount it for a RHR. I don''t want a 3-stone, ''cause my e-ring is a 3-stone so it needs to be something different.......

I love this little thing!
2.gif

ovdiam.jpg

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 7:29:09 PM
Author: samwe26
My .9ct colorless princess cut solitaire on platinum tiffany setting band.

Finger size: 4.5

I love this setting. May I ask where you got it from?

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My 0.80 F VVS1 pear...

IMG0533.jpg

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
Let''s try this again......
9.gif

That little oval above is mine. My original diamond. A .55ct G SI1 Oval currently in a white gold Solstice setting.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I just realized my pic isn''t on here anymore. So here it is again
5.gif

1.66 I on 4.75 finger

cupcakeringhandshot.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 11:37:33 AM
Author: cupcake*muffin
I just realized my pic isn''t on here anymore. So here it is again
5.gif

1.66 I on 4.75 finger

your ring is beautiful, but this thread is for diamonds UNDER 1 ct. I think you''re looking for the 1-2 carat thread

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 12:19:52 PM
Author: Sizzle
Date: 5/30/2010 11:37:33 AM

Author: cupcake*muffin

I just realized my pic isn't on here anymore. So here it is again
5.gif

1.66 I on 4.75 finger

your ring is beautiful, but this thread is for diamonds UNDER 1 ct. I think you're looking for the 1-2 carat thread

Oops, so sorry ladies,I think I somehow read the topic wrong

40.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results