shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe I never discovered this topic. The rings are all so beautiful. Here's a pick of my ring. It's a A. Jaffe ring. I really like the little surprises.

Below are the specs(it's a mini sample)

It's a .75carat center stone
side stones all total to 0.40..channel individual prong set diamonds.
color is H and clarity is SI2
set in 18k white gold

ringjob.JPG

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
Here's my ring on. Sorry not so many pics. I'm very impatient with the camera...it's pretty old I kept having issues while taking this picture. I ABSOLUTELY love my ring.

Oh I forgot to add. My ring size is 8.25. I know I have big fingers...really long to add to that

ringon.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
your ring looks huge on your finger budgetbride-its gorgeous!!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 4:33:17 PM
Author: bee*
your ring looks huge on your finger budgetbride-its gorgeous!!
haha...are you sure you don''t mean my fingers. Thanks for the compliment. I had a friend with size 5 finger try it on and it looked bigger than what it was.

It''s crazy how different the same rings look on certain people.

Kats

Rough_Rock
Another lurker here! Here''s my new ering, it''s a Tiffany Etoile (0.54, G, VS1).

Etoile In Case DSC01761.jpg

Kats

Rough_Rock
I love this thread, so many pretty ''small'' diamonds. Here''s a hand shot, what do you guys think of it?

EtoileOutside.jpg

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a really nice ring Kats. Congrats

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous Kat! I love it

Kats

Rough_Rock
Thankyou! I worry that it looks too bulky on my hand, but I love the ring and think my hand is the problem, not the ring!

I got the matching Etoile wedding band too. It was the set that won me over, I think they go really well together.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Kats - it''s gorgeous!
30.gif

Kats

Rough_Rock
Thanks Anchor31, it''s really good to get feedback on it as I live in the UK and my family and friends are in Australia so I haven''t been able to show it to them in person.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Kats, I love your ring, and all the other "under-one-carat" diamonds in this thread. While I do enjoy looking at the "honkers" on pricescope, I''ll always be partial to the daintier stones. They just exude a kind of restrained elegance, I think.

Of course, I''ve never seen anything over a 2 and 1/2 carat in real life, and that was on a coworker who is very proud of hers, big carbon specs and dingy color and all! I live in Lancaster PA, my parents and grandparents were Mennonite and wearing jewelry is a sin
29.gif
. I''m not Mennonite though. After I got divorced I bought myself a nice wardrobe of diamonds -- small ones, but nice clear, sparkly ones nonetheless.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Kats I love your ring! I mean really love it. So classic and streamlined. I love settings like that. Looks comfortable, too, and you won''t have prongs to worry about. Beautiful choice.

Kats

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Diamondsrock, that''s exactly why I chose it, I was looking for something simple and I love how it sits quite flat and doesn''t catch on anything. It doesn''t get dirty easily either as there''s nowhere for dirt to accummulate. We took some more pics and I started its own thread (I convinced myself it''s not self indugent, but helping people who may want to see the Etoile matched with the wedding band!).

Kats

Rough_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring Kathy, so white and sparkly.

Celeste555

Rough_Rock
I love this site and I particularly like this thread...I got engaged in January and since then I check back periodically to see all the fantastic bling...and to get ideas for my band. I posted some pics of my ring right after getting engaged and I wanted to add more pics to this thread but I lost my digital camera...well, recently bought a new one so I had a great time this weekend taking some shots...I was inspired by all the "flower shots" other PSers had up!

BTW, it''s an Asscher-cut, .81 carat.

IMG_0207_lll.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Celeste, your ring is gorgeous. What a yummy Asscher! It''s absolutely gorgeous. You should start your on thread in "Show Me the Ring" because we would love to see more pictures!!
30.gif

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
Thought I''d add my rings to the mix...I recieved these way before I found out about pricescope, so the diamonds aren''t the best, but I love them none the less! The only thing I really know about the rings are that they are made up of princess cut stones and tappered baguettes and both rings total to be 1 1/4 carats. The center stone of the e-ring is a .38ct princess cut stone. For some reason when I was taking the pictures, the flash was making them come out much yellower/grayer than they really are, but when I took the flash off, the images were very very blurry. The first picture matches the color closest to what they are IRL. So here they are!

ps5.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful, Celeste and KindredSpirit!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2007 1:16:45 AM
Author: budgetbride
Here''s my ring on. Sorry not so many pics. I''m very impatient with the camera...it''s pretty old I kept having issues while taking this picture. I ABSOLUTELY love my ring.

Oh I forgot to add. My ring size is 8.25. I know I have big fingers...really long to add to that
I really really like your ring on your hand. I like the "double band" effect.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 2:17:53 AM
Author: kathyinjapan
Another picture of my ring (0.35ct F VVS1 in classic Tiffany setting)
Very pretty ring.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 8:17:06 PM
Author: Celeste555
last one...
Very nice Asscher! That cut is really starting to speak to me.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Celeste, ur FI did a great job! I love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 10:36:19 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Kats, I love your ring, and all the other ''under-one-carat'' diamonds in this thread. While I do enjoy looking at the ''honkers'' on pricescope, I''ll always be partial to the daintier stones. They just exude a kind of restrained elegance, I think.

Of course, I''ve never seen anything over a 2 and 1/2 carat in real life, and that was on a coworker who is very proud of hers, big carbon specs and dingy color and all! I live in Lancaster PA, my parents and grandparents were Mennonite and wearing jewelry is a sin
29.gif
. I''m not Mennonite though. After I got divorced I bought myself a nice wardrobe of diamonds -- small ones, but nice clear, sparkly ones nonetheless.
RxTechRN2b
OMG, I am in Lancaster too. Maybe one day we can have our own PS Gathering of our own (and I can borrow your digicam to take pictures of my stash to quell the angry PS goddesses here
27.gif
). I think it''ll be great to finally meet another PSer.
21.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 8:15:31 PM
Author: Celeste555
I love this site and I particularly like this thread...I got engaged in January and since then I check back periodically to see all the fantastic bling...and to get ideas for my band. I posted some pics of my ring right after getting engaged and I wanted to add more pics to this thread but I lost my digital camera...well, recently bought a new one so I had a great time this weekend taking some shots...I was inspired by all the ''flower shots'' other PSers had up!

BTW, it''s an Asscher-cut, .81 carat.
Celeste,
Can you please tell me more about the setting? It''s simplicity really brings out the beauty of the asscher. Also, what''s your finger size? Either it''s the setting or your skinny finger but that asscher looks huge!

Celeste555

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your nice compliments on my ring! I am still infatuated with it! It is nice to share pics on here...most of my friends and family are not big into jewellery or diamonds so it''s nice to get a "fix" here on PS.

Snlee, I will definitely post some more pics..maybe later tonight. Felt kinda silly spending so much time taking pics of my own ring but it''s nice to know there are others out there that are just as obsessed with their diamonds as I am!

Chrono, the setting is a wide cathedral style (which can''t really be seen from the pics I posted). I had no input into the design of the ring (the proposal was a complete surprise) and I had never seen such a style before...and I don''t see many here on PS..maybe it was more popular in the past? I love it..the wide band and the simple setting is very "me". My finger size is not small by PS standards..5.5. It just looks big because it''s been blown up so much in the pic (gotta love the macro setting).

Kats

Rough_Rock
Oh yes, definitely post more pics Celeste! It''s really beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results