shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

My "new" engagement ring, with 0.72 ct F/VVS2 center stone, sidestones F-G VS 0.2 ctw, on an approx 5.5 size finger.

When we got engaged many years ago, I never wanted a solitaire, just a plain gold band (which is the most usual in my country). However, always loving diamonds, I really started to want one, and now my dream has come true. To my joy, my local jeweller could use my original ring (which was as wide as my wedding band), to fashion a much thinner shank, with sidestones and WG delicate prongs.

20240526_143838.jpg20240526_143950.jpg

With wedding band:

20240526_160255.jpg

My very first good symmetry certed antique diamond. I was so ecstatic when I got the cert I know it’s difficult to come across an antique diamond with good symmetry, but not impossible. IMG_1032.jpegIMG_0748.jpeg

Last edited:
My very first good symmetry certed antique diamond. I was so ecstatic when I got the cert I know it’s difficult to come across an antique diamond with good symmetry, but not impossible. IMG_1032.jpegIMG_0748.jpeg

I love the individual stones as well as the moi et toi design! It's a much more fluid version than what I've seen previously, which suits the uniqueness of both stones.

My "new" engagement ring, with 0.72 ct F/VVS2 center stone, sidestones F-G VS 0.2 ctw, on an approx 5.5 size finger.

When we got engaged many years ago, I never wanted a solitaire, just a plain gold band (which is the most usual in my country). However, always loving diamonds, I really started to want one, and now my dream has come true. To my joy, my local jeweller could use my original ring (which was as wide as my wedding band), to fashion a much thinner shank, with sidestones and WG delicate prongs.

This is really a beautiful stone!

Good lord, that's a gorgeous ring! Congratulations on your beautiful new acquisition! Wear in good health. :wavey:

Thank you! It took a lot of thought, the sapphire is supposed to represent me, and the diamond is supposed to represent my son. He is facing a very difficult surgery (spinal fusion from neck to tailbone) this week and this was kind of like a pat on the back, “we’ve gotten through this much.”

I love the individual stones as well as the moi et toi design! It's a much more fluid version than what I've seen previously, which suits the uniqueness of both stones.

Thank you so much this truly means a lot to me! It took a lot of thought into designing it.

20240526_143838.jpg20240526_143950.jpg

With wedding band:

20240526_160255.jpg

Perfect proportions! From finger to diamond to shank to diamonds in the shank, everything looks meticulously designed.

This is really a beautiful stone!

Thank you, I am so in love with it I get quite distracted when wearing it, just losing myself in the brilliance and sparkle - which is the whole point of diamonds, for me, just drowning in their beauty...

Perfect proportions! From finger to diamond to shank to diamonds in the shank, everything looks meticulously designed.

Oh, I am blushing :)
I am very happy with the end result, and also so happy with my local jeweller and his assistants. They really understood what I was looking for, and just made the whole experience so joyful

Wow, your ring is stunning! :love: I adore the design of the toi et moi.

Here on PS...I have seen alot of different beautiful rings...different sizes, shapes, cuts, colors, cuts and settings
And my hunger for eyecandy is always satisfied
18.gif
. And as much as I love,love, love staring, and drooling over the giant sized sparklies.
30.gif
There is just a special place in my heart for the more petite sized diamonds. There is just something undeniably classic and sweet about them. I mean who would imagine that such a "small" stone could generate such light.

So if you are just as hungry as I am...
post your pictures and stone specs ( if you have them) of your rings w/ 1ct or under center stone. I know when I was searching I loved to look at stones that were in my perspetive range..this would be a good look book for many people...
35.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I will post my soon.
Hey, you should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out.

I don't think I posted this ring in this thread when I got it last year. It's a petite platinum solitaire from the 1910s-20s, with a .29 ct. transition or OEC. It's warm, I'm guessing in the J-L range? The clarity is low--it has an open feather with the chip/cavity on the table. But the cut is so beautiful and the setting is so deliciously deco that it's one of my favorite rings. The girl who got this from her fiancé a century ago must have been over the moon!

IMG_3580.jpeg

Blurry hand shot, but it shows the scale:
IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3684.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

You can see the chip/cavity in these shots (top left of the table in the first photo, bottom right in the second):
IMG_3573.jpegIMG_9796.jpeg

So much care taken to make this little ring. It's much smaller and more delicate in real life.
IMG_9824.jpeg

Sweet little culet:
IMG_9780.jpeg
IMG_9837.jpeg

I don't think I posted this ring in this thread when I got it last year. It's a petite platinum solitaire from the 1910s-20s, with a .29 ct. transition or OEC. It's warm, I'm guessing in the J-L range? The clarity is low--it has an open feather with the chip/cavity on the table. But the cut is so beautiful and the setting is so deliciously deco that it's one of my favorite rings. The girl who got this from her fiancé a century ago must have been over the moon!

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3684.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

You can see the chip/cavity in these shots (top left of the table in the first photo, bottom right in the second):

So much care taken to make this little ring. It's much smaller and more delicate in real life.
IMG_9824.jpeg

Sweet little culet:
IMG_9780.jpeg
IMG_9837.jpeg

What beautiful metal work!

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3684.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg

Sweet little culet:
IMG_9780.jpeg
IMG_9837.jpeg

This is stunning!

Just an updated photo of my .96 Tiffany since I got a new wedding band. I just love the under one carat stones. IMG_2994.jpeg

It looks absolutely perfect on you. You have beautiful hands! Is your plain band the Tiffany knife edge?

It looks absolutely perfect on you. You have beautiful hands! Is your plain band the Tiffany knife edge?

Thanks! The spacer is actually just a cheap silver 1mm band from Amazon. Works perfectly though!

Thanks! The spacer is actually just a cheap silver 1mm band from Amazon. Works perfectly though!

Ah, to have young beautiful hands again like yours!

IMG_0500.jpegShe’s here. I don’t have a matching band (yet) but I love the clear faceting and bright appearing stones. .70 main g/h set with 6, 2 point single cuts. 14k

IMG_0491.jpegIMG_0485.jpegIMG_0489.jpeg

Last edited:
@MMtwo, what a beauty! So glad you received it, I’ve been checking PS since you bought it to see if you had posted pictures yet. The faceting is amazing on that diamond.

@MMtwo, what a beauty! So glad you received it, I’ve been checking PS since you bought it to see if you had posted pictures yet. The faceting is amazing on that diamond.
That's so sweet. Thanks for getting excited about the new ring with me. I like her so much! Now to find a band.

That's so sweet. Thanks for getting excited about the new ring with me. I like her so much! Now to find a band.

Very pretty! Love it!

IMG_0500.jpegShe’s here. I don’t have a matching band (yet) but I love the clear faceting and bright appearing stones. .70 main g/h set with 6, 2 point single cuts. 14k

IMG_0491.jpegIMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpegIMG_0485.jpegIMG_0489.jpeg

Wow! The prongs really accentuate the chunkalicious facet patterns of the OMC and the single cut mele. It is stunning!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP