shape
carat
color
clarity

U prong or lattice/trellis prong for five stone?

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help describe the differences between the type of prong settings for a five-stone band? I have been looking at PS posts and hand shots (all lovely!) but sometimes it is hard to tell the subtle differences between the prongs. I am leaning towards a Uprong or lattice/trellis setting (vs. the shared types) but does one setting "hold" the diamonds higher? Which setting(s) would offer more maximum light for the diamonds?

Any other suggestions also welcome! Thanks so much everyone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Neatfreaks setting it's a trellis by BGD the best. It's very well designed and looks very elegant on the hand without being too squat or too tall.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the trellis settings since I love the swoopy lines. I love the Brian Gavin Trellis II setting and have it bookmarked at work :naughty: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5400

Because of the finger coverage with 5 stone rings, I wouldn't worry about the stones being up 'high' for best light return, I'd just want something that will be comfortable. Some find the different styles uncomfortable. What size stones are you looking at setting?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I was going to get a trellis like Neatfreak's but then I got a great deal on a beautiful vintage five stone with a filigree setting so that's what I got. I love my ring, but if I were going to get a new five stone I would get the NF trellis.

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for everyone's feedback!

Rubybeth: I would like to consider stones that are about .25 or .30 each --- something along the lines of 1.25 or 1.50 tcw. Also, my finger size is 5 (or 5.25) ...

Are both U prong and trellis setting relative safe/secure for the stones?

Thanks!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie thanks for posting that thread...really great comparison!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results