shape
carat
color
clarity

Twins - A cushion for me and a cushion for mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greetings Pricescopers! I am formally engaged as of last night, and coincidently my mother's ring was done in the same week. I haven't told boyfriend, I mean, fiance, that my mom's ring is done because I do not want to steal his thunder (thanks to the PSers advice). I've just tucked it away for now...but man, now I know how the boys feel! How I gonna wait 4.5 months to give this to her????

Here are the specs:

My ring, in a size 4.75 Jeff Cooper Setting

GIA
Shape and Cutting Style - Cushion Brilliant
Measurements - 6.10x5.90x3.82
Weight - 1.03
Proportions
Depth - 64.7%
Table - 55%
Girdle - Medium to Thick, faceted
Culet - small
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity Grade - SI1
Color Grade - F
Flourescence - none

Mom's ring, in a size 5.5 white gold setting courtesty of Mark T and ERD

GIA
Shape and Cutting Style - Cushion Brilliant
Measurements - 5.90x5.76x3.90
Weight - 1.01
Proportions
Depth - 67.7%
Table - 53%
Girdle - thickto Very Thick, faceted
Culet - medium
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity Grade - VS2
Color Grade - H
Flourescence - none

Reviews of the buying experience can be found here

Now without further ado....(I STILL haven't figured out how to post more than one pic at time! Can you even do that here?)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The gals hanging out in the box. Mine is on the left, mom''s on the right. Sorry about the bad lighting...we''ve had May Gray for two weeks now here in Coastal So Cal and all I had was my overhead lamp this morning in my office...

IMG_1149.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You're engaged? CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to see those pics!!
36.gif
9.gif

ETA: Oooh... they're gorgeous!!
30.gif
You and your mother are very lucky!!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement Ring...

IMG_1150.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mom''s "You''re the best and love you" ring

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, let''s try that again...

IMG_1151.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
M-ring, handshot (Post-it per Mara''s request)

IMG_1153.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
E-ring, handshot

IMG_1155.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
both rings on hand, with the little white gold band my mom bought me years ago (it''s dirty, sorry!). I''m thinking of giving it back to my mom to wear for awhile, so it does''t look so engagement-y...

IMG_1156.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what amazingly beautiful rings!
my heart is just smiling at the thought of you doing something so special for your mom
1.gif

they are perfect tg!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And finally a couple of shots of both of them on one finger so you can easily compare...

IMG_1162.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope you all enjoyed them...I actualy am in the video edting business, but if there is anything harder than photographing rings, it's shooting video of them! I was gonna post a small file that you could link to, but the video will have to wait until we get some sunshine...proabably sometime in late July or so...
20.gif

Thanks again everyone for your help. I'm thrilled with my ring, and I hope my mom will enjoy wearing hers to my wedding. I'll shoot video of me giving it to her in Sept some time if I can and share it with you.
1.gif

ETA - that is pricescope in the background on my computer...
9.gif

IMG_1163.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh! love them both! Great job, TG!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Your mom is going to be soooo thrilled! Can''t ya just give it to her Sunday for Mother''s Day? You must be on pins and needles!

BTW My husband thought I made up the term May Grey today! I told him that it''s a popular term here in So Cal but he says he''s never heard anyone else call it that!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
They''re both gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Cushion power!
9.gif

Your mom is going to be blown away!!!!
10.gif

Also....CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG they are both so gorgeous! Your engagement ring is so stunning - and looks so beautiful on your hand! I love the substantial look of it. Your mom''s ring is so dainty and beautiful - she truly is lucky to have such a thankful and appreciative daughter!!!

Congrats on your engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, i''ll take both of them. What gorgeous rings, just beautiful. you are so thoughtful to give something so special to your mom.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh those rings are both just exquisite!!! Love the settings. Congratulations on your engagement! Such a nice thing you are doing for your mother and I am sure she will be thrilled.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
just lovely!

It is a real treat to see two cusions side by side, in differnt style settings!

Your Mom will probably melt when you give it to her.
Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is so beautiful. What a wonderful daughter you are to surprise your mom with the beautiful ring you bought her. You will melt her heart for sure.

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent!! Well done!!

chers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh TG those are both just FABULOUS!!!! I love both the rings, such different styles...beautiful stones and your hands are great too. and of course gotta love the post-it!!!

please more pictures when the sun comes out! congratulations and honestly i think that if you were to pop out with the ring for your mom on sunday, it wouldn''t be a huge deal. i just love that kind of idea. 4 months is a long time to wait!!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
They are both beautiful. Mom is going to be so surprised. Good luck waiting 4 1/2 months!

Congrats on your engagement.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal: your ring is beautiful! Congrats..

And for your mom, you are an absolute sweetheart. I don''t know how you are going to be able to wait to give it to her!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS on your engagement!

What beautiful rings- yours turned out perfectly, the setting really compliments it!
I also love the setting on the M-ring. How are you ever going to wait 4.5 months to give it to her??

OK, so I know you just got your ring but I''m curious to know what kind of w-band you''re planning to pair with that beauty!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You''re rings are lovely. What is the story with the ring with your mom...I am interested

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! They are both gorgeous! Maybe you should keep both
emwink.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FABOOOO times TWO!

I do do do do think it''s North/South now from those pix! What a SOOO-Prise! Cool! And I adore the setting Mark at ERD picked out for your mom. I''m starting to think he''s a genius!

CONGRATS times TEN!

p.s -- as a producer, I just have to ask: Final Cut or Avid??
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. My mom just came over a bit ago, and I was so tempted to give it to her. But I stayed strong. However I may give it to her for mother's day...she's been trying to be helpful with my FI's parents coming tomorrow and I told her she was stressing me out.
7.gif
I feel bad...thank goodness my mom loves me unconditionally.
38.gif
Anyway, I'll try holding out as long as I can.

Mara, I will post some pseudo sunshine pics in a sec. but I live in an apartment complex (think of something that looks like Melrose Place with the pool in the middle) so I couldn't stay out there too long since people will think I'm nuts and I don't care for people to see I've got two diamond rings...

Date: 5/12/2006 4:12:22 PM
Author: decodelighted
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FABOOOO times TWO!

I do do do do think it's North/South now from those pix! What a SOOO-Prise! Cool! And I adore the setting Mark at ERD picked out for your mom. I'm starting to think he's a genius!

CONGRATS times TEN!

p.s -- as a producer, I just have to ask: Final Cut or Avid??
31.gif
Ugh...girl! I work for a competitor of those two products. Our product is great, but not considered "pro" enough by the professionals. So the answer is neither. Did you by any chance go to NAB?

And yes, it's N/S on both rings. The appraiser confirmed it...inkblot positive, mystery solved!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, here they both are on one hand. These aren''t the best, but I had to be fast! They are so lovely out in the sun. Actually, I am so happy that it''s finally sunny out that I would be happy snapping photographs of roast beef on my hands.

IMG_1185.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results