shape
carat
color
clarity

Twins - A cushion for me and a cushion for mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Gorgeous rings, your mom is definitely going to love the ring!!!!
I have to say, the setting you chose makes the diamond look bigger to me. I always thought that thicker bands make the diamond look smaller, but yours looks bigger to me than your mom''s, even though it is only a couple of mm bigger in reality.

Excellent choices on both rings!!!

Definitely beautiful rings and ditto to the hand shots from your mom too!!
36.gif

Thanks again all! Sorry for the late reply...my future parents in law are in town and I have been playing hostess big time.

Date: 5/19/2006 7:26:44 PM
Author: butterfly 17
I have to say, the setting you chose makes the diamond look bigger to me. I always thought that thicker bands make the diamond look smaller, but yours looks bigger to me than your mom''s, even though it is only a couple of mm bigger in reality.

Excellent choices on both rings!!!
You know, my stone is bigger than my mom''s (they share one dimension - the 5.90, but mine is 6.10 and my mom''s is 5.73 I think), however when I put them together, I can see my mom''s is smaller, but it doesn''t look too drastic. I would agree that because of the setting, my stone looks bigger than I thought it would! Must be something about the linear setting. It also looks more square. I didn''t expect it to be this way because I always see the thin bands on PS that make the stones pop. I like thicker bands so I thought I''d sacrifice that "pop" look, but it turned out to be a nice bonus that the setting makes the stone look bigger.

As for hand shots, I haven''t caved and given it to my mom yet, but when I do I promise to post some!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP