shape
carat
color
clarity

Twins - A cushion for me and a cushion for mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings, your mom is definitely going to love the ring!!!!
I have to say, the setting you chose makes the diamond look bigger to me. I always thought that thicker bands make the diamond look smaller, but yours looks bigger to me than your mom''s, even though it is only a couple of mm bigger in reality.

Excellent choices on both rings!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Definitely beautiful rings and ditto to the hand shots from your mom too!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again all! Sorry for the late reply...my future parents in law are in town and I have been playing hostess big time.

Date: 5/19/2006 7:26:44 PM
Author: butterfly 17
I have to say, the setting you chose makes the diamond look bigger to me. I always thought that thicker bands make the diamond look smaller, but yours looks bigger to me than your mom''s, even though it is only a couple of mm bigger in reality.

Excellent choices on both rings!!!
You know, my stone is bigger than my mom''s (they share one dimension - the 5.90, but mine is 6.10 and my mom''s is 5.73 I think), however when I put them together, I can see my mom''s is smaller, but it doesn''t look too drastic. I would agree that because of the setting, my stone looks bigger than I thought it would! Must be something about the linear setting. It also looks more square. I didn''t expect it to be this way because I always see the thin bands on PS that make the stones pop. I like thicker bands so I thought I''d sacrifice that "pop" look, but it turned out to be a nice bonus that the setting makes the stone look bigger.

As for hand shots, I haven''t caved and given it to my mom yet, but when I do I promise to post some!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results