shape
carat
color
clarity

Twenty five $200 stones or one $5000 one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 10:24:08 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 3/4/2009 7:29:59 PM
Author: Chrono
For $5K, I''d get a killer demantoid.
30.gif
I''d love a demantoid. What can $5k buy?
Do you mean how large a demantoid I''ll get for $5K or what else $5K can buy?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aiyah. How large and how good?

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
This is a great question, and a no-brainer for me to answer. I''d go for the $5000 piece every time. Of course, deciding WHICH $5000 gem to purchase is another story!

Once, when I was trying to decide what/how many gemstones to purchase from a vendor, this very well respected gemologist vendor advised the same thing. Vendor reported, during early years of collecting, having always gone for quantity over quality. After years of experience, vendor cautioned me about following the same path and throwing money at the "smaller stuff." So, I bought the larger, single piece and I''ve been grateful that I did. I wouldn''t have been "satisfied" if I hadn''t. And, ironically, the vendor could have made more money if I''d gone for more gems instead of just one "important" piece. (It''s OK though, I went back for more)! Although I like some of my less costly pieces, some very much, I''ve never had the sense of pride that I get from the bigger gems.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
One stone... something that makes my heart flutter whenever I see it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dont know.. I''d probably do the little ones.. and make earrings, and pendants with them. Because that would be about 8 earring and pendant sets...
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 10:39:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Aiyah. How large and how good?
Dunno. Haven''t looked at Dems because I''ve been busy. So many projects going on at once:
1. Cobalt spinel
2. Tsavorite search
3. Pink asscher spinel being set
4. Just settled my spess setting design
5. Already thinking about the blue spinel setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results