shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Some people here have an unhealthy hatred for this President. And I was trying to determine why. Was it because Obama was so perfect? So I had to google Obama to see if he was just such a class act.

The more I read about him, the worse he comes across.

So I am just doing my own comparison.

The democrats spoke for a few minutes afterwards and even MSNBC left for their own coverage. Pelosi is incomprehensible as well as the gentleman who followed her.

So why not start a separate thread with all of the information you are uncovering about Obama?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
So why not start a separate thread with all of the information you are uncovering about Obama?
As I said it is a comparison post.

How did Obama handle it.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand what you mean?
People here called Trump an idiot because he had a photo op in a truck or that he plays a lot of golf.

So I googled Obama to see if he played as well and learned he played after a truck plowed into a crowd and an American was beheaded.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
People here called Trump an idiot because he had a photo op in a truck or that he plays a lot of golf.

So I googled Obama to see if he played as well and learned he played after a truck plowed into a crowd and an American was beheaded.

Okay, I see, but the thread is "tweets from a lunatic' so I guess I sense you feel "attacked" in this thread and you seemed puzzled as to why others are attacking Trump, but the title of the thread seems to imply that they are not fans of his. Anyhoo....free country and all that.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@siamese3 : there is no logic or reason, so I'd save yourself the trouble of trying to uncover any. It's a waste of time and energy at this point.

This health care bill was a joke, and would screw over older people and those who are poor. Unsurprisingly, everyone hated it so it failed. It failed with conservatives because it was too much like ACA, and with moderates/liberals because it cut important things (like medicaid expansion, etc).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, let's not forget this excellent quote from our SCROTUS:

"WE ARE GOING TO WIN SO MUCH, YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO SICK & TIRED OF WINNING" Donald Trump

So let's see abut all that "winning". Found this awesome list

List of Trump Promises and Outcomes

Repeal Obamacare - Failed

Come up with better replacement for Obamacare - Failed

Ban Muslims - Failed (twice)

Defeat ISIS in 30 days - Failed (nearly 3x over)

Play golf less often than Obama - Failed

Explore space - Failed (slashed NASA's budget instead)

Get Mexico to pay for the wall - Failed

Drain the swamp - Failed

Make America Great Again - Failed (made Russia great again instead)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 3.20.18 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember when combover-in-chief tweeted "So much winning, you will get sick of winning"? I think he misspelled whining and it should have read "So much whining, you will get sick of whining"

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No they don't Red, they are not a majority, they had nothing to do with this fiasco. What the republicans SHOULD do is work with the democrats on improving Obamacare.. but that might be more than republicans can handle.

We'll see how Obamacare fairs over the next two years. Dems may be begging the Republicans to help them fix it. They own it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No they don't Red, they are not a majority, they had nothing to do with this fiasco. What the republicans SHOULD do is work with the democrats on improving Obamacare.. but that might be more than republicans can handle.

They (dems) have everything to do with Obamacare because it is their baby. If they want to fix it they will have to work with repubs. That is exactly what I said and meant. Doesn't matter they are not the majority Obamacare is is theirs to fix or not.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Bingo.

SEVEN YEARS. SEVEN YEARS of crowing about having an amazing alternative when they had zip. And the rushed, miserable failure without even trying to compromise is the Democrats fault. :lol:

Trump could not be a more perfect leader for this bunch.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, what EXACTLY was in the Trumpcare bill that was advantageous to you and your family? It seems highly likely that you would have had to pay more and get less.. so why did you want this horrendous bill go thru? Your husband should have got on the state insurance plan before this.. less pay but more insurance is a win imho for people who have some health issues and are in mid life.

A victory for whom - hard working Americans who are saddled with policies they cannot use?

Or young people having to either pay a penalty or being forced to purchase something they do not want?

Or for the states where healthcare costs will be seeing unbelievable increases next year?

Your hatred sure clouds your judgment, imo.

Well with this decision we will soon be off the Obama healthcare nightmare.

My husband and I discussed that if it was not repealed we would go another route. It means A cut in pay, but he will reclassify his position. So now we will be part of the State employee coverage plan policy which is so much better. Just have to wait until they have open enrollments again.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bingo.

SEVEN YEARS. SEVEN YEARS of crowing about having an amazing alternative when they had zip. And the rushed, miserable failure without even trying to compromise is the Democrats fault. :lol:

No. Obamacare was shoved through with no Republican support. Your comment on compromise is funny. Now if it fails it is entirely on Dems. If Dems want to fix it they can work with the Repubs. If it collapses that is on the Dems who passed it in the first place.

E B

Ideal_Rock
No. Obamacare was shoved through with no Republican support. Now if it fails it is entirely on Dems. If Dems want to fix it they can work with the Repubs. If it collapses that is on the Dems who passed it in the first place.

I'm sorry, was there a lot of reaching across the aisle to work on this repeal/replace that I missed?

Why, exactly, if Obamacare is so awful and failing so many, did this "improvement"- because anything's gotta be better, right (?)- fail? Why was it so unpopular?

Who knew healthcare could be so complicated?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, was there a lot of reaching across the aisle to work on this repeal/replace that I missed?

Why, exactly, if Obamacare is so awful and failing so many, did this "improvement"- because anything's gotta be better, right (?)- fail? Why was it so unpopular?

Who knew healthcare could be so complicated?

Ok. Leave as it is and move on. I didn't want it anyway. Better than putting something through that is worse or costs just as much or more. Like I said, we'll see how it is in a year or two.

Edit - Like there would have been any working across the aisle from Dems or Repubs in this Congress with this president. Please....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ok. Leave as it is and move on. Better than putting something through that is worse or costs just as much or more. Like I said, we'll see how it is in a year or two.

I absolutely think the two sides should come together and work on making it better, but what we saw with the ACHA was not only a fracture between Ds and Rs, but between Rs- "freedom" Rs and moderate Rs. Too many different visions of what healthcare should be. It's a mess, but the ACA shouldn't be what all blame is heaped onto. Where's the ire toward the insurance companies? Toward the governors that refused the medicaid expansions for their poorest citizens? Point is, it's much, much easier to lay blame than to fix, and I don't know how many hearts are into actually compromising to the point of fixing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely think the two sides should come together and work on making it better, but what we saw with the ACHA was not only a fracture between Ds and Rs, but between Rs- "freedom" Rs and moderate Rs. Too many different visions of what healthcare should be. It's a mess, but the ACA shouldn't be what all blame is heaped onto. Where's the ire toward the insurance companies? Toward the governors that refused the medicaid expansions for their poorest citizens?

Where was all of that when the ACA was being drafted? Torte reform should be a big part of any healthcare reform. But no one has the balls to do that. Get rid of the insurance lobby. Drown all lobbyists.

My Rep is in the Freedom Caucus and he has done a very good job for us. Too much big gov. Cut spending and taxes.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the very *idea* that this was the fault of Dems is hysterically funny. Oh my dear lord, I am laughing as I write this.

Let's recap, shall we?

Republican SCROTUS
Republican controlled House
Republican controlled Senate
Bill written BY Republicans
and this equals the fault of Dems????

LOLOLOLOL

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Bingo.

Oh how true this is. All of it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fault? I have no idea what you are talking about? Obamacare is owned by Dems. That is a fact. If it fails it is their fault. Not the job of the repubs to fix something for the dems. They tried to do something different and failed to come up with something better. Ok. Move on.

I am actually glad today that they did not take on something crappy.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
To anyone who is interested in a real, thoughtful take on the health care issue, David Frum (a republican) has a piece up on the Atlantic website called Waterloo that is worth a read.

Personally, I think the best thing for the country right now would be for the Dems to take the high road (and I'm not always in favour of this against the repubs who IMO are in the main the sorriest bunch of excuses for elected officials I've ever seen) and propose some fixes to Obamacare that could be put into place quickly. Well, actually, the second best thing that could happen. The first is impeachment.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
by redwood66 » 8 minutes ago
"What fault? I have no idea what you are talking about? Obamacare is owned by Dems. That is a fact. If it fails it is their fault. Not the job of the repubs to fix something for the dems. They tried to do something different and failed to come up with something better. Ok. Move on."

You know, that's really not true. One of the things Frum has said all along was that the reality is that the repubs know that some form of universal health care is a reality-based need and a moral imperative. For an awful lot of them, the shrieking is hot air--their constituencies would be deeply wounded by ripping the ACA away (Rand Paul for example), and Frum has long maintained that 'denounce and preserve' would be far more in their interest than 'repeal and replace'. No one is arguing that the ACA has real flaws and issues. The republicans have had seven years and ample opportunity to prepare for this day with a shining beacon of policy and they shot themselves right in the foot. They own this mess just as much as anyone.

edited because too stupid to figure out how to quote with the upgrade.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To anyone who is interested in a real, thoughtful take on the health care issue, David Frum (a republican) has a piece up on the Atlantic website called Waterloo that is worth a read.

Personally, I think the best thing for the country right now would be for the Dems to take the high road (and I'm not always in favour of this against the repubs who IMO are in the main the sorriest bunch of excuses for elected officials I've ever seen) and propose some fixes to Obamacare that could be put into place quickly. Well, actually, the second best thing that could happen. The first is impeachment.

IMO they are all sorry and hyper partisan. The dems will have to meet in the middle and right now they are not doing it. Rand Paul (and others) has said that ACA cannot be taken away because it is impossible to take away an entitlement once it is given. So we are stuck having to do something. Not sure how the repubs own a mess because they did not pass anything.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, what EXACTLY was in the Trumpcare bill that was advantageous to you and your family? It seems highly likely that you would have had to pay more and get less.. so why did you want this horrendous bill go thru? Your husband should have got on the state insurance plan before this.. less pay but more insurance is a win imho for people who have some health issues and are in mid life.

I do not know how I would have personally benefited from it because I never saw the finished product.

I just felt it was fairer for everyone. I felt it was unAmerican to force people to buy a policy they did not want. I felt it was unfair to make everyone purchase coverage that did not apply to them.

I was hoping that after they got to part III and we were able to go across state lines would have reduced premiums. There was some mention of torte reform. People today imo are sue happy.

But at the end of the day my husband and I are making a change that will help us so when open enrollment comes around again, we can remove ourselves from the entire Obama / Trump healthcare nightmare.

When my husband got his last promotion he no longer was part of the State plan. He took the job before Obamacare when he was told if you liked your policy you could keep it.

That was a big lie. Certain classifications splintered off the State plan and were forced to take Obamacare. We were hoping Trump care would have fixed it.

But we no longer want to wait until ObamaCare implodes. Or the Trump policy can be revived.

So my husband will reclassify in that he still will have to do the work but for lesser pay. But we will now qualify for the State policy.

And you are right that in the long run, with my preexisting conditions, it will work out better for us.

So personally I am just glad it is over for now and we were able to move on.

Last edited:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Don't know why it posted those twice, but I'm just going to leave it bc it's (this site/my phone) acting odd...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results