shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

E B

Ideal_Rock
Rand Paul's thinking would leave a lot of people- his constituents- high and dry. This "every man for himself, f*ck you, I've got mine," way of looking at the world, at coexisting, at being part of a community, is a HUGE problem. Simply repealing isn't a fix, but what does he care? He has his platinum plan. And his Dad, back in the ol' days, said people could just go to their neighbors and churches for help. Just how much can a tithing plate collect?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
IMG_4710.PNG Maybe Trump won't have a twitter blow out bc he's just "not that upset" about this. Plus it's his weekend y'all, he doesn't have time to worry about healthcare on his WEEKEND!! :lol-2:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a photo/meme today, and was going to post it, but it was credited to Mark Twain with no actual proof that he said it, (sounded paraphrased from what he said), but I still thought it was poignant.
"It is easier to fool a person than to convince them that they were fooled."

Reactions: E B

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Rand Paul's thinking would leave a lot of people- his constituents- high and dry. This "every man for himself, f*ck you, I've got mine," way of looking at the world, at coexisting, at being part of a community, is a HUGE problem. Simply repealing isn't a fix, but what does he care? He has his platinum plan. And his Dad, back in the ol' days, said people could just go to their neighbors and churches for help. Just how much can a tithing plate collect?

Yes, and that relying on churches for help worked out so well in Victorian times. I think we should all go immediately back there. (Pardon me, My tongue is stuck to my cheek today...).

The trouble is, Victorian mentality is not something we have outgrown as a society. We still operate under its influence despite small attempts at progress.

Reactions: E B

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure how the repubs own a mess because they did not pass anything.

The Republicans own the mess because they refuse to let the Democrats do anything, silly!

It's like this: The Republicans control The Executive Branch; The Senate; and The House of Representatives. So only they can act. If they do not allow the Democrats to amend The ACA (WHICH THEY WILL NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE SURE IT FAILS), then they own the mess.

Glad to have explained how all this works. :read:

Your friend, Deb:wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's comical to blame this on the democrats. While the situation originated with ObamaCare (an idea that has republican roots, by the way), Trump promised to repeal and replace which did not occur because of his take it or leave it now or never position and time line. The republicans blew it all on their own by proposing something even they couldn't agree on on their own. The republican party is now very fractured. From
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...d-doom-their-party-s-health-care-bill-n736591 :

House Republicans simply did not have enough GOP votes to pass the health care bill, which also was supported by President Donald Trump.

Republican leaders pulled the bill from the House floor minutes ahead of a schedule vote, rather than watch it go down to defeat.

According to a tally by NBC News, at least 34 Republicans had said publicly over the last few days that they were planning to vote against the measure or leaning toward voting no on the "American Health Care Act." It's possible there were other Republican lawmakers who also would have voted no but had not yet made their position public. All House Democrats had planned to vote against the bill.

Related: Trump Warns: GOP Will Lose Seats By Opposing Health Care Bill

Here are the House Republicans who opposed the bill:

Jim Jordan (OH)

Mark Meadows (NC)

Justin Amash (MI)

Dave Brat (VA)

Raul Labrador (ID)

Mo Brooks (AL)

Rob Wittman (VA)

Thomas Massie (KY)

Tom Garrett (VA)

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL)

Leonard Lance (NJ)

Louie Gohmert (TX)

John Katko (NY)

Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)

Walter Jones (NC)

Ted Budd (NC)

Mark Sanford (SC)

Rick Crawford (AR)

Ted Yoho (FL)

Scott DesJarlais (TN)

Paul Gosar (AZ)

Rod Blum (IA)

Andy Harris (MD)

Dan Donovan (NY)

Frank LoBiondo (NJ)

David Young (IA)

Charlie Dent (PA)

Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA)

Mark Amodei (NV)

Daniel Webster (FL)

Andy Biggs (AZ)

Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ)

Dave Joyce (OH)

Barbara Comstock (VA)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The republicans have a finished product, they tried to vote on it and failed so you can find it anywhere on any site on the web.

I don't think you would have benefited personally from it, I wouldn't have that is for sure, and I'm on a bronze plan, with a 6K deductible.

Going across state lines was not included in the plan that was to be voted on by the Congress - the one that was pulled by Ryan because they didn't have the votes, the Congress which has a majority of republicans.. the republicans could not get behind their own party's law.. pretty ironic. (although not to me per se as I saw this happening at least a year ago).
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...te-lines-not-likely-to-happen/article/2617007
Trump said it would come in the 2nd or 3rd rollout of Trump Care, meaning not today, not tomorrow and maybe someday.

I do not know how I would have personally benefited from it because I never saw the finished product.

I just felt it was fairer for everyone. I felt it was unAmerican to force people to buy a policy they did not want. I felt it was unfair to make everyone purchase coverage that did not apply to them.

I was hoping that after they got to part III and we were able to go across state lines would have reduced premiums. There was some mention of torte reform. People today imo are sue happy.

But at the end of the day my husband and I are making a change that will help us so when open enrollment comes around again, we can remove ourselves from the entire Obama / Trump healthcare nightmare.

I don't quite understand how your husband could work for the state, get promoted and not be able to part of the state's insurance program? It reads to me that your husband was given some type of new job but his insurance would no longer be with the state, and Obamacare was his only alternative, in demoting himself he can no reapply for state insurance seems to go with the lower job. Less money in pocket monthly but perhaps more money in pocket due to being able to be on the state insurance plan. Did everyone where your husband work previously have to be on Obamacare? Seems to me he would have had to be a contractor at the old job.. I can say that I don't know a heck of a lot about state or federal jobs really.

Will the plan you sign up for with the state allow yearly physicals? meet the Affordable care act requirements, (physical, blood test, mammogram).. the Americans who could not keep their current medical plan were those who's medical plan did not meet the basic health requirements so I think you would have to read what and why your previous plan was not allowed to move with your family, unless it didn't meet ACA requirements.

Trump Care was horrible, no one liked it.. Now the Congress must work together to fix Obama Care. I hope they will.

When my husband got his last promotion he no longer was part of the State plan. He took the job before Obamacare when he was told if you liked your policy you could keep it.

That was a big lie. Certain classifications splintered off the State plan and were forced to take Obamacare. We were hoping Trump care would have fixed it.

But we no longer want to wait until ObamaCare implodes. Or the Trump policy can be revived.

So my husband will reclassify in that he still will have to do the work but for lesser pay. But we will now qualify for the State policy.

And you are right that in the long run, with my preexisting conditions, it will work out better for us.

So personally I am just glad it is over for now and we were able to move on.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's not theirs. Congress - with a majority of republicans - could not repeal and replace, simple as that Red, their plan was horrible and it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Democrats are not in the majority, they cannot do squat.. the majority rules (or rather used to until this congress).. The democrats cannot pass any legislation without Republican support and republicans either don't want ANY healthcare for Americans (the Cosnervative coalition) or they want minimal help and their constituents don't want that so they hesitate.. Democrats can't pass legislation without the help of republicans, how do they pass legislation without republican help?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastert_Rule

This rule is followed, how will the democrats proceed? The republicans have to support anything they propose. I'd love for the democrats to 'fix' Obamacare but unless the republicans are willing to

They (dems) have everything to do with Obamacare because it is their baby. If they want to fix it they will have to work with repubs. That is exactly what I said and meant. Doesn't matter they are not the majority Obamacare is is theirs to fix or not.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't matter what happened 8 years ago. The law is the law. Now it is up to Republicans to either try to repeal and replace or fix. Right now this isn't going to happen. Working together might help.

No. Obamacare was shoved through with no Republican support. Your comment on compromise is funny. Now if it fails it is entirely on Dems. If Dems want to fix it they can work with the Repubs. If it collapses that is on the Dems who passed it in the first place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's not theirs. Congress - with a majority of republicans - could not repeal and replace, simple as that Red, their plan was horrible and it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Democrats are not in the majority, they cannot do squat.. the majority rules (or rather used to until this congress).. The democrats cannot pass any legislation without Republican support and republicans either don't want ANY healthcare for Americans (the Cosnervative coalition) or they want minimal help and their constituents don't want that so they hesitate.. Democrats can't pass legislation without the help of republicans, how do they pass legislation without republican help?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastert_Rule

This rule is followed, how will the democrats proceed? The republicans have to support anything they propose. I'd love for the democrats to 'fix' Obamacare but unless the republicans are willing to

They all compromise and pass something that both can deal with. That means that the dems will have to do it. They were not willing before, are they now? Obamacare was not repubs idea. To get compromise you have to be willing to work together.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can the Democrats do it? I don't see how.. Democrats want to keep aspects of the AFCA and help to improve it.. the Republicans do not need any democratic support in repealing the AFCA.. i don't understand your reasoning.. the Republicans should have and could have repealed and replaced or just repealed the AFCA.. to throw it back on the democrats makes no sense Red.. the driver seat is owned by the republicans and they can drive right over the democrats and they should have if they wanted to support Trump. Democrats have zero power they are the minority. Hopefully in 18 the democrats will come into power and pass something.. now then Trumpster can veto it.. that the repubicans own everything and could not pass a bill shows big problems for the republicans going forward.. the democats? they are just bystanders.. Are the republicans willing to compromise? they sure weren't for the last 8 years, what makes you think the republicans WANT to work with the democrats? It seems to me that your sentiments are left over from the Obama days, when the democrats had veto power.. they don't now.. They control zero and cannot even introduce legislation unless the republicans are willing to go along with it.. I don't get your reasoning that the democrats can do anything.

I know Obamacare was a democratic push through Red, it was a democratic president and a democratic house

https://www.forbes.com/sites/physic...amacare-into-law-four-years-ago/#68d1d155526b

The republicans have the same power today Red, They do what they want. They failed yesterday, saying democrats own the AFCA is wrong today, today the republicans OWN the law, democrats can pull a filibuster, that will happen soon enough.

What about the Hastert effect - which the republicans follow religiously?

Just saying the democrats own the law does not help getting it changed, repealed or replaced.. we have a republican president with veto power..

They all compromise and pass something that both can deal with. That means that the dems will have to do it. They were not willing before, are they now? Obamacare was not repubs idea. To get compromise you have to be willing to work together.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They can come to the table to fix it. That is what they can do. If they don't then it is partisan BS that they passed with 50+ votes. Just like the Repubs. The AHCA was crap.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rats-willing-to-deal-on-health-care/99001568/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/10/pelosi-pledges-to-work-with-republicans-on-healthcare/

They have offered to work with republicans. Red, it's not the democrats law... I think in asking to table a law they had nothing to do with is nonsensical... You can say it's a democratic law, it was passed by democrats when they had the house, but it is now OUR law, and the republicans could have repealed it and didn't. It wasn't their proposal to table.

See the spin in the Daily Caller article.. "Pelosi rammed down" that is spin, what the republicans wanted to do was ram down right back.. this is why one has to read both sides albeit it is hard I know.

Let the republicans and democrats work on some sort of compromise. I don't think it will be done though. This shows absolutely why we need a system as in Canada or England, single payer, and if you have more money you can have more access.

They can come to the table to fix it. That is what they can do. If they don't then it is partisan BS that they passed with 50+ votes. Just like the Repubs. The AHCA was crap.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ouch. Donald tossing the more conservative members of his party under the bus this morning. Wonder how this'll play out.

IMG_8198.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hahaha these are great.

1. What Trump rallies was he imagining took place?? Moron.
2. OBAMACARE WILL EXPLODEEEE! Fear mongering/delusional and/or wishful thinking.

No surprise that he's having a trumpertantrum today. Nothing better to do than watch Fox while wearing his robe.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.22.12 AM.png

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hahaha these are great.

1. What Trump rallies was he imagining took place?? Moron.
2. OBAMACARE WILL EXPLODEEEE! Fear mongering/delusional and/or wishful thinking.

No surprise that he's having a trumpertantrum today. Nothing better to do than watch Fox while wearing his robe.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.22.12 AM.png
That Judge Jeanine he was promoting called for Paul Ryan's resignation. Trump is turning on everyone.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maternity care.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Judge Jeanine he was promoting called for Paul Ryan's resignation. Trump is turning on everyone.
Yup. He's panicked and pointing fingers everywhere but in the mirror. He is pathetic.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

What about the men who have already neutralized that part. Or are sterile? Or merely careful?

Why should they have to pay for coverage they do not need?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... or they could attend one of those religious straight-to gay-conversion therapy camps to heal them of their disgusting and sinful heterosexuality.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A potential result of tweets from a lunatic. Frankly at this point, I feel good about passing the wand to Germany:

How fast is the US losing its reputation due to its citizens voting for Trump?

Jeff Redman, M.S. Education, California State University System (2001)
Updated 25 Feb · Upvoted by Carter Moore, Degree in Political Science, former Congressional aide and Federal employee

At supersonic speed.

Already the “Leadership of the Free World” appears to be passing to Germany.

That will, if it happens, be quite ironic given that Germany is a nation with a highly unionized and well paying economy, a substantial social safety net, legally required vacation, parental leave, universal multi-payer health care, a very strong manufacturing sector, mandated and substantial pensions. Basically it is everything that present day “conservatives” have been trying to eliminate since even before Social Security was enacted 80 years ago.

Since “conservatives” took control of our nation’s political system and national dialogue about 40 years ago the United States has increasingly refused to do what is required to maintain its position of technological and scientific leadership of the World.

Our nation’s more recent habit of cutting Public funding for scientific research and our dominant political leaders’ now entrenched practice of dismissing science and distorting data has been taken by much of the World to be evidence that the US has chosen to abandon its previous positions of political and technological leadership.

Of course, we still have an enormous military and, sadly, the present administration has already acted in ways that have provoked not only the nation’s adversaries, but its allies and friends as well. The reason and forbearance of the leaders of other nations now stands between the US and a major war. It appears to me to be no more than sadly just that it is likely to be primarily the children of the people who cast their votes for the present administration who will fight, die, and be invalided in the war this administration seems determined to instigate.

Barring something dramatic and unforeseen, we are seeing the end of the USA’s leadership position in the World.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 4.17.33 PM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about people who don't believe in war? Why should they pay taxes for the military? What about people who pay for their health insurance at their work but don't use it? why should they pay, they are healthy? We are a community. I pay a lot of money for health insurance and get very little because I use the AFCA, if we had a single payer system we all pay and we could control pricing much more easily.

What about the men who have already neutralized that part. Or are sterile? Or merely careful?

Why should they have to pay for coverage they do not need?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
What about people who don't believe in war? Why should they pay taxes for the military? What about people who pay for their health insurance at their work but don't use it? why should they pay, they are healthy? We are a community. I pay a lot of money for health insurance and get very little because I use the AFCA, if we had a single payer system we all pay and we could control pricing much more easily.

Are you in Canada?

If so I believe we discussed that Canada has major drawbacks for those with chronic conditions who need to see their doctors regularly and not have to wait until it becomes a major issue.

I read what Begonia went through and that was pure torture to make that woman wait so long.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A potential result of tweets from a lunatic. Frankly at this point, I feel good about passing the wand to Germany:

How fast is the US losing its reputation due to its citizens voting for Trump?

Jeff Redman, M.S. Education, California State University System (2001)
Updated 25 Feb · Upvoted by Carter Moore, Degree in Political Science, former Congressional aide and Federal employee

At supersonic speed.

Already the “Leadership of the Free World” appears to be passing to Germany.

That will, if it happens, be quite ironic given that Germany is a nation with a highly unionized and well paying economy, a substantial social safety net, legally required vacation, parental leave, universal multi-payer health care, a very strong manufacturing sector, mandated and substantial pensions. Basically it is everything that present day “conservatives” have been trying to eliminate since even before Social Security was enacted 80 years ago.

Since “conservatives” took control of our nation’s political system and national dialogue about 40 years ago the United States has increasingly refused to do what is required to maintain its position of technological and scientific leadership of the World.

Our nation’s more recent habit of cutting Public funding for scientific research and our dominant political leaders’ now entrenched practice of dismissing science and distorting data has been taken by much of the World to be evidence that the US has chosen to abandon its previous positions of political and technological leadership.

Of course, we still have an enormous military and, sadly, the present administration has already acted in ways that have provoked not only the nation’s adversaries, but its allies and friends as well. The reason and forbearance of the leaders of other nations now stands between the US and a major war. It appears to me to be no more than sadly just that it is likely to be primarily the children of the people who cast their votes for the present administration who will fight, die, and be invalided in the war this administration seems determined to instigate.

Barring something dramatic and unforeseen, we are seeing the end of the USA’s leadership position in the World.

Let them pay for the military it takes that the rest of the world takes advantage of. Please check with Japan and South Korea, plus the other nations in the EU first though and see if they agree to it. Since they want to be the leader then they can assume the FULL complement of what the US does around the world including the lion's share of money to NATO and the UN. Oh and move the UN headquarters to Frankfurt or Berlin. We can then put more of our dollars to work here at home for taking care of our own citizens.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Are you in Canada?

If so I believe we discussed that Canada has major drawbacks for those with chronic conditions who need to see their doctors regularly and not have to wait until it becomes a major issue.

I read what Begonia went through and that was pure torture to make that woman wait so long.

As far as paying a lot for a little maybe you are happy with that, but many of us are not.

We work hard for what we have and expect others to do the same.

As for what we pay for at work, under my husband's old classification, we had a choice in affordable policies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results