shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prison "work" programs for "money" (lol) is legalized slavery. Keep them poor, keep them in jail. It's the American way. Nothing funny about that. Shall we exchange "I disagree waved guy" now?
:wavey:
They work at jobs inside/outside the prison depending on their level of security, or go to school, for time off their sentence. If they don't want an earlier release date then they can sit and watch TV for their entire sentence (someone else will gladly take the job). It is a choice, just like committing the crime/s for which they are incarcerated.

Edit - In fact in higher security prisons the inmates complain that there are not enough jobs to allow them to earn sentence credit so that goes completely against your "legalized slavery" argument.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prison "work" programs for "money" (lol) is legalized slavery. Keep them poor, keep them in jail. It's the American way. Nothing funny about that. Shall we exchange "I disagree waved guy" now?
The county should just pay em $1K for every felony committed.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's how things really go down around here. Indentured servitude! :eek-2::rolleyes:

http://kgou.org/post/they-thought-they-were-going-rehab-they-ended-chicken-plants

Working conditions have to be safe for anyone - prisoners or not. This sounds like a terrible place to work.

I worked in the license plate factory with max security inmates and it was a much sought after job by inmates. Other prisons had eye glass factories for low income people, dairy farms for all the milk for all prisons, furniture manufacturing for state offices, and many more. They are all high demand jobs by the inmates and you have to have a clean record while incarcerated.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And one more thing. All these Bloods, Crips, Aryan Brotherhood (which now morphed into white supremacists) start from jail system. The administrations are complaining that the gangs control the prisons, but IRL, as I believe, it is much easier for the administration to run the divided jails.

The same happens in the country now. It is scary, but I do not believe in spontaneity, except for postwar movements.I think that it is much easier to turn people against each other than answer their questions about minimum wage or the school system.

I also can not understand why ex-convicts are not allowed to vote for a certain period of time. Why? People served their time, they should have the same rights as everyone else.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more thing. All these Bloods, Crips, Aryan Brotherhood (which now morphed into white supremacists) start from jail system. The administrations are complaining that the gangs control the prisons, but IRL, as I believe, it is much easier for the administration to run the divided jails.

The same happens in the country now. It is scary, but I do not believe in spontaneity, except for postwar movements.I think that it is much easier to turn people against each other than answer their questions about minimum wage or the school system.

I also can not understand why ex-convicts are not allowed to vote for a certain period of time. Why? People served their time, they should have the same rights as everyone else.

There are many frightening parallels between the working poor and the incarcerated. Work will set you free, right?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more thing. All these Bloods, Crips, Aryan Brotherhood (which now morphed into white supremacists) start from jail system.
White supremacists existed long before the Aryan Brotherhood.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many frightening parallels between the working poor and the incarcerated. Work will set you free, right?
So what do you suggest for people who have committed crimes? Especially violent crimes.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what do you suggest for people who have committed crimes? Especially violent crimes.
Besides toss them into a "rehabilitation" environment rampant with gangs, violence, and rape? Hmmmm...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Besides toss them into a "rehabilitation" environment rampant with gangs, violence, and rape? Hmmmm...
That isn't an answer. People who commit violent crimes serve a sentence to keep the public safe from further violence and to pay for their crime. It isn't about rehabilitation no matter how government much tries to call it that. Some learn and do not reoffend, others do not.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That isn't an answer.
It is, I'm afraid you just don't like it. Myself and others have already laid out our thoughts on the cause and effect of systemic racism, poverty, cutting education funding, gentrification, inflation, lack of health care. No one wants to hear it. Keep them poor, keep them addicted, keep them in jail. Put violent offenders in violent environments. Turn a blind eye to prison rape and police brutality. La see da.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is, I'm afraid you just don't like it. Myself and others have already laid out our thoughts on the cause and effect of systemic racism, poverty, cutting education funding, gentrification, inflation, lack of health care. No one wants to hear it. Keep them poor, keep them addicted, keep them in jail. Put violent offenders in violent environments. Turn a blind eye to prison rape and police brutality. La see da.
It isn't an answer to my question of what to do with those that have committed violent crimes. Your thoughts on all of those things do not address this. People will commit crimes and we were having a discussion about prison. You want to make it a discussion about society at large and the failings of Republicans I guess. Where should violent offenders be put?

Edit - Where should say the Menendez brothers who were wealthy and killed their parents spend their time? Or the guy who beat an 84 year old woman to death in her home with a shovel for her pocket change? I spent every day in his company and he is not someone who should be outside at all.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It isn't an answer to my question of what to do with those that have committed violent crimes. Your thoughts on all of those things do not address this. People will commit crimes and we were having a discussion about prison. You want to make it a discussion about society at large and the failings of Republicans I guess. Where should violent offenders be put?
In an environment where there is not more violence, gangs, and rape. So, prison, without the slave labor and human rights violations. Is that clear enough?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual the left blame society not the criminals..:wall:. I 'm poor so I go rob the bank...:roll

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In an environment where there is not more violence, gangs, and rape. So, prison, without the slave labor and human rights violations. Is that clear enough?
No it is not clear at all. Please tell me what that kind of place would look like where these violent people will live and these things will not happen. You do realize those things are illegal in prison as well? And they are prosecuted for offenses committed while in prison.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about in Beverly Hills with a full time housekeeper and a personal chauffeur?.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
No it is not clear at all. Please tell me what that kind of place would look like where these violent people will live and these things will not happen. You do realize those things are illegal in prison as well? And they are prosecuted for offenses committed while in prison.

Doesn't Norway have a "prison system" akin to what @Elliot86 described? This is for people convicted of serious violent offenses. If this is your field, you must be aware of other prison practices (for lack of a better term).

ETA: I found an article from Business Insider: Why Norway's prison system is so successful.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't Norway have a "prison system" akin to what @Elliot86 described? This is for people convicted of serious violent offenses. If this is your field, you must be aware of other prison practices (for lack of a better term).

ETA: I found an article from Business Insider: Why Norway's prison system is so successful.

Prison systems all over the world seem to have figured out different and effective methods leaps and bounds above the incompetent, corrupt, poorly trained, and ridiculously overcrowded system we have in the US.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice place. I am sure that inmates from the US would love to live there and it is probably a great place to work as well. If our population were 5 million, and our society not so violent, we might be able to have something like that.

I agree the criminal justice system needs an overhaul, always have. But I seriously doubt any politician, regardless of leaning, would vote for a prison system such as this in Norway.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice place. I am sure that inmates from the US would love to live there and it is probably a great place to work as well. If our population were 5 million, and our society not so violent, we might be able to have something like that.

I agree the criminal justice system needs an overhaul, always have. But I seriously doubt any politician, regardless of leaning, would vote for a prison system such as this in Norway.

Maybe they can slip that into a big bill along with "fixing" Obamacare, overhauling the tax system, giving PR some relief (or not), and raising the debt ceiling through the process of budget (non)reconciliation. :cheeky:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they able to be rehabilitated? Society has the responsibility to remove these types of schizo, crazy, nutcase, evil murderers etc. I'm not 100% sure they should all be locked up together and eat together etc. Maybe something like Silence of the Lambs prison where there could be little contact with each other.

Violent, evil sick gang bangers should be included also. Finding out what made them do what they did should be very important, so we can prevent others. Are they born that way or did life make them that way? I'd say a bit of both.

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

Homicide, Aggravated Assault, and Kidnapping Offenses 5,596 3.2%
Sex Offenses 15,873 9.1%
Weapons, Explosives, Arson 29,881 17.2%

So I would say 10% of the prison population is a 'violent offender' not all murders are violent, they are most probably crazy though.

So for these men and women separation from the regular population of drug dealers, robbers etc as they are your run of the mill creep. We need to spend the money to find out why these men and women are so evil and how we can stop this type of behavior albeit I think there are just some people who are mean and evil. We can try to train and educate those who are in prison for non violent actions. As I said for the baddies, segregation from those who can possibly return to life.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

It's not necessarily population, but our approach to crime, justice, and treatment of our citizens. To move towards the Norwegian system, we would have to reconsider how we treat minor crimes and juvenile crimes. Also how we criminalize casual drug use. Overly harsh punishment (i.e. prison) reduces the chance that a person will be able to recover (lack of job opportunities with a record, lack of good influence in their environment, etc...)

I also think that having a social safety net helps keep crime low. If you live in an every-man-for-himself society like the US, it's not hard to imagine how some turn to and get trapped in the cycle of criminality. But if you know you'll have healthcare, housing, food, and won't be stigmatized for using these services, you'll be more immune to that criminal impulse.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results