carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Now, if we might try to get together on some points, we can become less partisan.

I cannot see Donald Trump making a call, with Kelly sitting there guiding him, to be intentionally insulting, only to the black soldiers' family. He may not have said his condolences well enough, and th.e family mistook what he said as disrespectful. Yes, if Trump was a different person, he would have called the family again and clarified his meaning. He can't see what he did wrong because his intent was to do his Presidential duty.

For me, the worst part of all this was General Kelly making up a story against a woman whose crime was that she supported the opinion of the fallen soldiers wife that Trump sounded disrespectful. She heard it herself and could speak to it, General Kelly, on the other hand sounded like Trump would.

I listened to the whole speech of the Congresswoman that Kelly referred to, and found her to be impressive, while Kelly certainly lied.

Lawrence O'Donnell does not state that he is a hard news person. His is an opinion show. I dislike guests who have been coming on for years with the same old shtick, but I do like the US attorneys, Intelligence officers, and comments from legal scholars who do add light. And of course the reporters and hard newsmen from the papers. We own them a debt of gratitude in these times. I'm really proud of those guys and gals.

But, we cannot look at everything and blow it up. That is a problem of the TV media. Kelly is who looks bad.
(Just as an aside-- I had one of those experiences myself very recently.. I said something-- a friend heard something else. It caused a problem. I thought I was very clear. I haven't talked to her since.)

Annette

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just as his wife is touring the country speaking out against bullying, our president is mocking a senator's height.

The time for "let's see how he does" is long over. Any continued support for him is support for this.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.30.03 AM.png

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I do think some things get blown up in the media, because they now have multiple outlets and 24/7 news cycle. There are going to be some grieving family members of fallen service members who are going to be upset, even angry. It is not our place to say their feelings are right or wrong or tell them the appropriate way to grieve. If she felt disrespected by the president, just take it at face value. Other presidents have been on the receiving end of grieving family members. It is his job as president to listen, accept it, and not defend himself go on the attack (either himself or surrogates), because it's clearly not appropriate and it's best not to say anything. At the same time, I do feel, other than if he is doing such a horrible job they should pull him off it and have other people make the calls, this is a private matter and shouldn't be politicized, on either side.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's amazing to me how anyone can still defend him.....

He cannot be trusted with something as simple as a Twitter account. He cannot be trusted to make a phone call and offer condolences to a grieving family. He cannot be trusted to do something as simple as acknowledge when he's wrong. He does not see reality for what it is, he only sees his version of "reality". But he can be trusted to run a country? He can be trusted with nuclear codes?

I don't understand the logic.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing to me how anyone can still defend him.....

He cannot be trusted with something as simple as a Twitter account. He cannot be trusted to make a phone call and offer condolences to a grieving family. He cannot be trusted to do something as simple as acknowledge when he's wrong. He does not see reality for what it is, he only sees his version of "reality". But he can be trusted to run a country? He can be trusted with nuclear codes?

I don't understand the logic.

That's because there is no logic with Trump. The mere fact that he felt the need to send a tweet regarding Myesha Johnson yesterday shows the man has no impulse control. Just what our country needs, someone with no impulse control in charge of the nuclear codes.

I read a tweet yesterday that said something to the effect that Trump can walk on 5th Avenue, piss on a Gold Star Widow who has just lost her husband while fighting for our country, and his supporters will still support him.

Joe Walsh, former Illinois Congressman (now in radio) actually tweeted "Trump never attached her. Myesha Johnson has a right to speak but now that she has gotten political, we have a right to attack her".

People who continue to support Trump have no moral compass.

Last edited:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's because there is no logic with Trump. The mere fact that he felt the need to send a tweet regarding Myesha Johnson yesterday shows the man has no impulse control. Just what our country needs, someone with no impulse control in charge of the nuclear codes.

I read a tweet yesterday that said something to the effect that Trump can walk on 5th Avenue, piss on a Gold Star Widow who has just lost her husband while fighting for our country, and his supporters will still support him.

Joe Walsh, former Illinois Congressman (now in radio) actually tweeted "Trump never attached her. Myesha Johnson has a right to speak but now that she has gotten political, we have a right to attack her".

People who continue to support Trump have no moral compass.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

Are these commercials playing in your area? They are in mine...

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Calliecake - I agree with your post wholeheartedly.

To the above - all I can say is Wow. I'm so saddened by the current state of the US. It's unreal. I can only hope there's some alternate reality or parallel universe where Hillary won (although my hope was behind Bernie) and politicians and the current president do not act like absolute *******s. This feels like a terrible nightmare I just cannot wake up from.

ugh. This really hurts my heart and my brain....someone point me in the direction of the nearest bar so I can drink my sorrows away. :nono:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen them @House Cat thank you for posting the video. I read Sunday night that there was a man who was spending $10 million of his own money on commercials to impeach Trump.

Nothing will happen as long as the Republican Party continues to stand behind him. Can you imagine if Obama had done any of the things Trump had done? We look pathetic as a country. It makes me sad that we have sunk so low as a nation. His supporters doesn't even realize they will be negatively impacted by his tax plan and his health care plans. I don't know why that surprises me. Many of them don't seem to understand what a nuclear war would do or how many lives would be lost.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ABKIS I don't believe there is enough alcohol out there to make this nightmare go away.

It would be interesting to see a study on how many Americans are drinking more or have begun taking anxiety meds since Trump took office. I had an appointment with my GP the day after the Vegas Shooting. The TV was on a news channel. A woman in the waiting room said out load "Between this and Trump heading us toward a nuclear war, my doctor wonders why I want Xanax?

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ABKIS I don't believe there is enough alcohol out there to make this nightmare go away.

It would be interesting to see a study on how many Americans are drinking more or have begun taking anxiety meds since Trump took office. I had an appointment with my GP the day after the Vegas Shooting. The TV was on a news channel. A woman in the waiting room said out load "Between this and Trump heading us toward a nuclear war, my doctor wonders why I want Xanax?

@Calliecake Agreed. I know I'm certainly drinking more. I used to drink on the weekends. Now I'm at 2 - 3 times a week, sometimes more. Plus I've developed a twitch because I get so anxious watching/reading the news. I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm not on Xanax is because I haven't been to the doctor. I can't even get through the news/newspaper without yelling out loud. It's so frustrating!!!

I'm constantly asking myself how we got here. I have yet to come up with an answer...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Can you imagine if Obama had done any of the things Trump had done? We look pathetic as a country. It makes me sad that we have sunk so low as a nation. His supporters doesn't even realize they will be negatively impacted by his tax plan and his health care plans. I don't know why that surprises me. Many of them don't seem to understand what a nuclear war would do or how many lives would be lost.

Remember what qualified as a scandal under Obama? Arugula. Dijon mustard. Tan suit. Saluting with cup in hand. 57 states. How precious.

The sad truth is that the loudest, most ignorant of the Republican party took over while the more principled stood and watched and instead of speaking out (which they do when they retire-- giving us a glimpse of what they're all saying behind the scenes), they stay silent. Or, you know, endorse flaming bags of waste like this guy (the self-proclaimed 'constitutional conservatives' like Cruz and Paul, ironically enough):

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy-moore-gay-marriage-slavery_us_59ef500de4b0d14acdcc9b12

Tribalism is leading us into IRL Idiocracy.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think so. That’s ALL on the people who voted for Trump. They own him.
Nope, the Dems. own him. Thanks to Obama's no growth economy americans got tired of sitting at home with no jobs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, what? Americans got tired of buying lobster with their food stamps? Pick a lane, DF.
They can afford the lobster but not the steak. They needed a job to able to afford a complete dinner. ..;))

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Nope, the Dems. own him. Thanks to Obama's no growth economy americans got tired of sitting at home with no jobs.

They can afford the lobster but not the steak. They needed a job to able to afford a complete dinner. ..;))

You hate democrats almost as much as Trump hates anyone who's not a rich, white male. I cannot argue with your logic. I'm very sorry. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.37.23 AM.png

Standing ovation, standing ovation, standing O, me, me, me

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Nope, the Dems. own him. Thanks to Obama's no growth economy americans got tired of sitting at home with no jobs."

I know I shouldn't even respond to Dancing Fire, since he seems to have no recollection of what has happened during the last 8 years economically, let alone the last 30 and like many Trump defenders live in a world of "alternative facts", but quick refresher: Obama inherited an economy close to meltdown. He left office with an economy near full employment. It is true that the average American has less money and mobility, but that is due to Wall Street influence and "Deregulation" making it so the Average American works more for less benefits, as well as less protections and safety nets both through their job AND the government. It's the Republican agenda. Own it. Republicans will keep doing this cut taxes for the wealthy and big business trickle down bs until we have no middle class. Good luck to us all then.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/upshot/how-obamas-jobs-record-stacks-up.html

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another one for you Dancing Fire. According to the facts, if you want a better economy, vote Democrat. It may partly have to do with, democratic principals actually create a healthy contributing workforce, while trickle down, supply-side economics have been shown to be ineffective and often blow up government deficits.

"The extreme promises of supply-side economics did not materialize. President Reagan argued that because of the effect depicted in the Laffer curve, the government could maintain expenditures, cut tax rates, and balance the budget. This was not the case. Government revenues fell sharply from levels that would have been realized without the tax cuts."
– Karl Case & Ray Fair, Principles of Economics (2007), p. 695.[26]"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamha...nomy-history-says-vote-democrat/#56f62866cb44

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Thanks Part Gypsy and T_C for once again explaining to DF why he is wrong abut Obama and the Economy. DF is hardly believable in his ignorance. Yes, I said it. He seems to have no understanding of the events of 20o8-2009 and how well, with bi-partisan work our country got through it. I also see red when he talks about Bengazi after7 investigations and that creep Goudy publicly cleared her himself.

Df represents the trouble we are in. No matter what you factually present to him he continues to spout lies. Yes, I did make this personal. Is anyone allowed to come on here and lie. Its not his opinion we are hearing. Job creation? What has he been smoking. So disillusioning.

Sorry, if the good folk on here are offended. I like opinions but this goes too far.

Annette

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton I wish there was something other than just the like button. I want a love button. Or a f*ck yes button.

:clap: You're absolutely right. People like this (our president included) are the reason we are in the current state we're in. And they see no issue with their reasoning so it's impossible to knock any sense in to them.

You cannot argue logic and reason with an illogical person. Facts do not matter to these people. It's actually quite interesting when you really think about it (and really scary!). How do some people live so far in delusion? I cannot tell if he actually believes the things he says or if he's so bored he has nothing better to do but troll and instigate. :think:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I shouldn't even respond to Dancing Fire, since he seems to have no recollection of what has happened during the last 8 years economically, let alone the last 30 and like many Trump defenders live in a world of "alternative facts", but quick refresher: Obama inherited an economy close to meltdown. He left office with an economy near full employment. It is true that the average American has less money and mobility, but that is due to Wall Street influence and "Deregulation" making it so the Average American works more for less benefits, as well as less protections and safety nets both through their job AND the government. It's the Republican agenda. Own it. Republicans will keep doing this cut taxes for the wealthy and big business trickle down bs until we have no middle class. Good luck to us all then.
True , but during his last two yrs of Presidency the economy would have recovered a lot quicker had not for his regulations. small businesses stop hiring b/c of the ACA. We have less middle class today b/c Obama ran our economy into the ground.

Hate to tell ya Dems. this, but if Trump can pass his tax cuts our economy will flourish and he will be re-elected in 2020. The Dems. can call Trump names or whatever, but Americans only care about putting foods on the table to feed their family.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Df represents the trouble we are in. No matter what you factually present to him he continues to spout lies. Yes, I did make this personal. Is anyone allowed to come on here and lie. Its not his opinion we are hearing. Job creation? What has he been smoking. So disillusioning.
Why not??...The liberals been doing it for yrs.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again Dancing Fire, just because you repeat something, doesn't mean it's true. We can actually look at the effects of what Trump is proposing, and it's bad news. Bad news for Americans, and bad news, economically in the long term. Maybe Trump doesn't care because he's in his 70's, but many people DO care. Since you have kids you should care too.

Here's where it explains a repeal of ACA will make 18 million people lose health insurance coverage.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/congressional-budget-office-affordable-care-act.html

Here's where it explains a full repeal will COST 350 billion. You know, if the congressional budget office is saying this proposed legislative change is going to cost us 350 billion dollars, you better damn well care.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/04/news/economy/obamacare-repeal-deficit/index.htm

Trump doesn't understand science (he has now resorting to gagging EPA scientists reporting on climate change). He doesn't understand economics. He certainly doesn't understand foreign relations. And he's not capable of learning, because he keep repeating what sounds good to him, whether it is true or not, and is not willing to listen to experts in the field, let alone his own advisors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results