shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kath, I wish I could give you a hug. Please know we are here to support you and I too could have written your post. I go back and forth between being angry and sad. @lovedogs is right, we all need to support each other during this crappy time.

If Pricescope gets to you at times put the posters who upset you on ignore. On the days Trump does something stupid (okay pretty much everyday ) it makes me feel better to know there are others who also view his actions as unacceptable. Many posters here have made me feel like despite the world seeming upside down, there is hope.

Hug your wonderful husband and sweet kids. And Honey, get the kitten!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
@Kath I feel 10000% the same. I was nodding the entire time, and I know others (as @dee-jay and @telephone have shown) do too. We all need to support each other during this crappy time.

I swing between being BEYOND ANGRY, and feeling too exhausted for feelings. But remember that justice will eventually be done (that's the only thing comforting me ATM). I honestly think Mueller will fix this horrible horrible farce of a presidency--maybe not as fast as we want, but soon.

Mueller gives me hope, thanks for making me think of him, lol!! Did you see the news that he met with Christopher Steele (the guy who wrote the infamous Steele Dossier, or in other words, the "pee pee report")? It's looking more and more that much, if not all, of the dossier is true. I don't see why Trumpers would care if it is - if they don't care that he's an infamous adulterer, incapable of longterm relationships, who bragged about sexually assaulting women, why would they care about a little Russian pee or treason?

Anyway, I digress...I appreciate your kind words. Thanks, my friend!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
@Kath, I wish I could give you a hug. Please know we are here to support you and I too could have written your post. I go back and forth between being angry and sad. @lovedogs is right, we all need to support each other during this crappy time.

If Pricescope gets to you at times put the posters who upset you on ignore. On the days Trump does something stupid (okay pretty much everyday ) it makes me feel better to know there are others who also view his actions as unacceptable. Many posters here have made me feel like despite the world seeming upside down, there is hope.

Hug your wonderful husband and sweet kids. And Honey, get the kitten!

Haha thanks Callie!! I am a fan of the ignore button, believe me ;-).

Y'all are wonderful and I'm grateful for all of you, in fact I think this board has been the most helpful outlet for me of all.

And I'm seriously going to consider the kitten, lol. In fact I've kind of already started working on DH. The only real issue is that he would rather get a dog this time around, but since I would have to handle essentially all of the responsibility, I'm a no on that. I'm not about to take on a dog without help from him and the kids, and I DO NOT believe that they will actually help past the first day, lol. I've heard that story before! A cat would be fairly easy for me since I'm already doing that routine for two others. (DH is a huge help when he's home, don't get me wrong, but he works so much that he's often just not here).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only real issue is that he would rather get a dog this time around, but since I would have to handle essentially all of the responsibility, I'm a no on that. I'm not about to take on a dog without help from him and the kids, and I DO NOT believe that they will actually help past the first day, lol.

I guess my idea of taking home dogs, which I had several posts back, may not be a good one! My niece, who used to work very long hours in the film industry (and now does marketing for the Humane Society), used to take home a small dog during some weekends. (She volunteered at a shelter for small dogs. She took their pictures-beautiful ones-to help get them adopted.) She could not have her own dog because she was never home during the week, but she could sometimes keep a dog (a small one since she was in an apartment) for a weekend. She loved that! She still visits one of her favorites who was adopted by a nice family a long time ago. A kitten will work, too. She loves the dogs and kittens at The Humane Society where she now works. Go for it. We need animals and they need us!

Hugs,
(((katharath)))
Deb

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Butting in 93 pages late (I hope that's ok??) mostly because I've been too angry and depressed lately to wade into this thread. I was so shocked the morning after the election, but tried to spin it positively to my 11 and 12 year old kids. Then, Cheeto started all of this crap...too many things to recap here. I started to feel hopeless and scared about our future. No sitting President should be tweeting the garbage that he does. I'm truly worried that we are going to end up in a nuclear war with N. Korea before asshat is done. The last months almost feel surreal.

I am not nearly as well read as many of you (tbh, I'm kind of drowning just trying to keep up with life on a daily basis), but I saw this commentary from Trevor Noah and thought it was spot on (and somewhat funny too)....thought I'd share it with you....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, we're all in this together no matter what page you chime in on. Come roar with the rest of us -- it's comforting and cathartic and sometimes sad, but we're here for each other.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butting in 93 pages late (I hope that's ok??) mostly because I've been too angry and depressed lately to wade into this thread. I was so shocked the morning after the election, but tried to spin it positively to my 11 and 12 year old kids. Then, Cheeto started all of this crap...too many things to recap here. I started to feel hopeless and scared about our future. No sitting President should be tweeting the garbage that he does. I'm truly worried that we are going to end up in a nuclear war with N. Korea before asshat is done. The last months almost feel surreal.

I am not nearly as well read as many of you (tbh, I'm kind of drowning just trying to keep up with life on a daily basis), but I saw this commentary from Trevor Noah and thought it was spot on (and somewhat funny too)....thought I'd share it with you....

That Trevor Noah clip was fabulous, yennyfire. And he was correct. Trump does get people so fired up that they donate just to spite him...or perhaps he gets them so frightened and angry that they donate just to stop him! At least he was speaking for me. It happens time and time again. He acts and I go to donate!

I'm so glad you are here in the thread!

Hugs,
Deb

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That Trevor Noah clip was fabulous, yennyfire. And he was correct. Trump does get people so fired up that they donate just to spite him...or perhaps he gets them so frightened and angry that they donate just to stop him! At least he was speaking for me. It happens time and time again. He acts and I go to donate!

I'm so glad you are here in the thread!

Hugs,
Deb

Thanks Deb!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yenny, we're all in this together no matter what page you chime in on. Come roar with the rest of us -- it's comforting and cathartic and sometimes sad, but we're here for each other.
Thanks @Dee*Jay it does help to not feel so alone in my feelings!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OH Yenny, You are not alone!!!

Thank you for posting the clip.

Thanks Calliecake. It's time I pulled my head out of my you know what. I've just been hoping that if I buried myself long enough, it would all be over when I woke up. I honestly can't believe he hasn't been impeached yet....of course, his successor wouldn't be much better! Ugh!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel the same way Yenny. I keep telling myself we just need the country to stay out of a Nuclear War the next three years. We can fix some of the other damage when we elect a decent President. I can't stand Pence either.

This has been the only time in my life I have ever called Senators. I'm worried about what kind of a country our children will have to grow up in and feel the only way I can help is to remain vocal and stand up for what is right and volunteering during the next election.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
@yennyfire You're more than welcome to wade in and join us, I'm glad to "see" you here :)

My kids are close in age to yours, I have also felt the pain of trying to explain this situation to kids. Even if you don't feel like posting a lot in this thread, it's a great place just to commiserate with others and know you're not alone, just like Dee*Jay said.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I guess my idea of taking home dogs, which I had several posts back, may not be a good one! My niece, who used to work very long hours in the film industry (and now does marketing for the Humane Society), used to take home a small dog during some weekends. (She volunteered at a shelter for small dogs. She took their pictures-beautiful ones-to help get them adopted.) She could not have her own dog because she was never home during the week, but she could sometimes keep a dog (a small one since she was in an apartment) for a weekend. She loved that! She still visits one of her favorites who was adopted by a nice family a long time ago. A kitten will work, too. She loves the dogs and kittens at The Humane Society where she now works. Go for it. We need animals and they need us!

Hugs,
(((katharath)))
Deb

Thanks Deb! How lovely of your niece to help out that way - sounds as if she has a very full life, so it's great that she still made time to help with fostering like that!

It was kind of funny bc this morning DH brought up kittens ON HIS OWN and said "I've been thinking about it and we should go ahead and get other one. But I get to name it." So I guess my sneaky manipulation has worked!!! I'm going to start looking but not going to rush into it. I am focusing on a kitten simply bc we have two grown cats and I would prefer to go the simplest route - I think my males will do ok if I bring in a kitten, but they're pretty competitive just with each other, so I think they'll do better with a kitten.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Dee*Jay it does help to not feel so alone in my feelings!
YF
If you are a Dem. and anti Trump you will feel at home here. If not then better put on your bullet proof vest...:mrgreen2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire You're more than welcome to wade in and join us, I'm glad to "see" you here :)

My kids are close in age to yours, I have also felt the pain of trying to explain this situation to kids. Even if you don't feel like posting a lot in this thread, it's a great place just to commiserate with others and know you're not alone, just like Dee*Jay said.

Thanks @katharath. Explaining to my kids has been tough. The President should be a role model and this one is the antithesis of that. Difficult to explain....my 10 yo DD asked me what a pussy was (and she wasn't referring to a kitty cat)...she heard it at school during the election in relation to our fearful leader. Grrrr....

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @katharath. Explaining to my kids has been tough. The President should be a role model and this one is the antithesis of that. Difficult to explain....my 10 yo DD asked me what a pussy was (and she wasn't referring to a kitty cat)...she heard it at school during the election in relation to our fearful leader. Grrrr....

That is awful, and believe me I completely empathize. Mine are 10 and 13 and they're painfully aware of what's happening. It's so sick that a *presidential candidate* is the reason you had to explain that to your young DD. SO WRONG! (I've had to explain it to my kids too :().

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.45.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.45.50 AM.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all that is going on in the world Trump picks this to occupy his time with?

The only silver lining I can think of, Callie, is that at least he's occupied with Twitter instead of raping 13 year olds or grabbing women's crotches.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The only silver lining I can think of, Callie, is that at least he's occupied with Twitter instead of raping 13 year olds or grabbing women's crotches.
That's the only silver lining Monnie! I honestly can't fathom that our elected officials have stooped to mud slinging on Twitter. I am truly gobsmacked! Other world leaders must be laughing their assess off, or else frightened beyond measure!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I watched "Morning Joy" before I got out of bed this morning. If I hadn't seen Bob Corker's put-down of Trump, I might never have gotten up! Thank you for sharing it here, Matata. We have to be able to laugh together!

Deb :wavey:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the only silver lining Monnie! I honestly can't fathom that our elected officials have stooped to mud slinging on Twitter. I am truly gobsmacked! Other world leaders must be laughing their assess off, or else frightened beyond measure!

Regarding his use of social media: It has occurred to me, as I'm sure it has to others, that this is how political parties are grooming future voters. Much like cigarette companies liked to (maybe still do?) "get 'em while they're young," I imagine that political parties market towards those who are still impressionable. Social media is obviously the perfect avenue directly to their target market. I honestly can't envision DJT sitting on his golden toilet/throne thumbing away at his smartphone, but I CAN see the machine behind him generating tweets for him, in real time. I've always thought POTUS (since my time at least) were nothing but mouthpieces. Actors in commercials--paid to say what the company tells them to say.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regarding his use of social media: It has occurred to me, as I'm sure it has to others, that this is how political parties are grooming future voters. Much like cigarette companies liked to (maybe still do?) "get 'em while they're young," I imagine that political parties market towards those who are still impressionable. Social media is obviously the perfect avenue directly to their target market. I honestly can't envision DJT sitting on his golden toilet/throne thumbing away at his smartphone, but I CAN see the machine behind him generating tweets for him, in real time. I've always thought POTUS (since my time at least) were nothing but mouthpieces. Actors in commercials--paid to say what the company tells them to say.

I think you are absolutely right. And, I guess that only making tweets that are positive and respectful, wouldn't generate much interest among the younger generation. I just think the entire tapestry of society has been changed (and not for the better), by this type of behavior.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another version of the story Trump told about Bob Corker's pleading for his help.

"WASHINGTON — President Trump on Sunday lashed out at Senator Bob Corker, the Tennessee Republican whose support will be critical to the White House on tax reform and the fate of the Iran nuclear deal, saying on Twitter that the senator had decided not to run for re-election because he 'didn’t have the guts.'

'Senator Bob Corker ‘begged’ me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee,' Mr. Trump wrote. 'I said "‘NO" and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement).' Mr. Trump also said that Mr. Corker had asked to be secretary of state. 'I said "NO THANKS,"' he wrote.

Mr. Corker shot back a barbed response. 'It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center,” he wrote on Twitter. “Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.'

The president’s outburst amounted to an extraordinary public clash with a powerful, if lame-duck, Republican senator who holds sway over Mr. Trump’s domestic and foreign policy agenda. It also definitively ruptures what had been one of the few genuine relationships the president had developed with a Republican lawmaker on Capitol Hill.

As Washington digested this latest spectacle of a president feuding with a leader of his party, Mr. Corker’s camp said that Mr. Trump had mischaracterized his conversations with Mr. Corker. 'The president called Senator Corker on Monday afternoon and asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek re-election and reaffirmed that he would have endorsed him, as he has said many times,' said Todd Womack, Mr. Corker’s chief of staff."

Trump Goes After Senator Bob Corker, Who Bites Back...https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

AGBF

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The entire Corker thing is hysterical. Trump is just trying to distract and deflect from his latest failure, which are piling up by the hour. Mueller is getting close, everyone knows that Russia meddled in the election, and he is a pathetic piece of trash. This just makes him look even more weak and out of control. Plus, Corker is 100% right. Someone missed their shift at the adult daycare center.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results