shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate the man behind the tweeting. He a dispicable human being.

I have no idea how Rex TIllerson and John Kelly put up with him.

@redwood66 YOU say you hate the tweeting. What's it going to take for you to realize this man is insane. SMDH. (I am seriously not trying to be disrespectful. This stuff scares the daylights out of me. Trump has done so much damage to our country in so many ways.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 YOU say you hate the tweeting. What's it going to take for you to realize this man is insane. SMDH

I do hate the tweeting. Always have because it can be divisive and distracting. I write to the WH at least once a week to tell them so.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood but you continue to support this president. Who do you think is sending the tweeting?

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood but you continue to support this president. Who do you think is doing the tweeting?

Why is it all or nothing? Do you agree with everything every democrat politician says or does?

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the the democrats are perfect but I can't imagine them staying silent and doing nothing if this president were a democrat. Complain about Obama all you want @redwood66 but you can't ignore the fact that he was a decent human being. The president we have now is scum.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the the democrats are perfect but I can't imagine them staying silent and doing nothing if this president were a democrat. Complain about Obama all you want @redwood66 but you can't ignore the fact that he was a decent human being. The president we have now is scum.

I have never said Obama was not a decent human being. He is and loves his family obviously. Why would you think that I have the same feelings about Obama that you have about Trump?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2026.JPG
So relieved he can fit in tweeting while he golfs. Golfing while the people of Flint don't have clean water and Puerto Rico is drowning.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it all or nothing? Do you agree with everything every democrat politician says or does?

The tweets reflect the man, don’t they? His tweet history shows that. He isn’t just “trolling”.
(And why would people think it’s okay for a president to “troll” anyone, much less mayors who are in the midst of a crisis (he’s done it to more than one) or a possibly unstable head of a possibly nuclear armed country?)

Trump with the Republican Congress haven’t done much in terms of legislation. And their tax cut will likely not benefit you much (unless you’re making near $1M a year).

So...what is it about Trump that you still support? And why?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will add that there are democrats that I loathe probably as much as you do Trump. Maxine Waters is divisive as hell and corrupt to boot. Menendez as well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2028.GIF
Calliecake this is all you're going to get. I hate to see you keep frustrating yourself.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are totally right, my bad! Saw it reported on twitter, but now everything I can find says "unconfirmed". I'm glad it isn't true!

No worries Love, with all the information and misinformation floating around it's hard to know what's true. I do fear though that without adequate sanitation something like this could indeed break out and spread quickly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will add that there are democrats that I loathe probably as much as you do Trump. Maxine Waters is divisive as hell and corrupt to boot. Menendez as well.
She has mental problems...:wall:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Posting this in "my thread" to avoid starting a new one (and it's peripherally related).

I feel like I can't take it anymore. Old man white Republicans are ruining everything. It feels like we're under siege. Every day they make strides with their sexist, racist agenda - no more birth control coverage; attempts to crush Obamacare by "hiding" enrollment times; constant attacks on abortion rights; attempts to block people from voting that aren't white Republicans; rolling back protection for LGBTQ and especially transgender people; rolling back protection for college campus rape victims; rolling back the small steps Obama made with guns; rolling back protection for our environment and the planet (this is nowhere near a comprehensive list) - all while being amoral, disgusting hypocrites. We are watching from the sidelines as a minority shoves their agenda down our throats every single day. And the mass shooting that just happened in Vegas, where I live, doesn't help my mental health. Of course Republicans will do EVERYTHING in their power to make sure that nothing changes, as they all remain bought by the NRA.

How are my compatriots dealing with this? I can hardly stand to read the news every day, I have to actually brace myself. I have a lovely DH and two great kids that I adore, and I'm very lucky that we have been relatively unscathed by all of this so far, but it's wearing me down mentally. And the fact that the rest of my family is STUFFED with unrepentant Trumpers makes it all worse. They're the type who will likely never ever admit that they made the wrong choice. Let's just say that I would cut ties with an awful lot of people if not for my kids, but I don't want to upset their relationships with anyone.

Does anyone have any tips or thoughts for weathering this? What helps YOU deal with this situation? Any ideas aside from donating to our causes and volunteering? I'm looking for tips I haven't thought of/tried. Should I stay offline entirely for awhile? If so, how long? Has that helped anyone? I deal with fairly severe anxiety/depression and have been this way my entire life, which I know makes things a lot worse.

So: I'm seriously considering getting a kitten. We already have two cats that I love to pieces but DH says no more - however, he could be convinced, and they bring a lot of joy into a house IMO. I could use some daily joy, that's for sure. Since I handle 90% of the cat care already, it wouldn't be too much trouble to add a third, right??? (Enable me, lol. And we do have a fairly large house, more than enough room at any rate). Anyway I know that getting a kitten to deal with the horrific political situation probably sounds silly, but I think it might actually help.

I'm sorry if this is a derail and please feel free to continue with the usual postings in here (there is so much going on it's incredible), but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@katharath I have no suggestions for you, just lots of hugs. I am right in here complaining with you, but it's not the same because I'm removed from it. I have so much love for my american friends and family, hope you don't mind me commiserating with you!

On your side note, I foster dogs and it's SO rewarding! Even if you don't want to take on the full responsibility of a 3rd kitty you might want to look into any local rescue societies that need foster homes! Though I've heard more than one story of a 'foster fail' where they end up keeping them hehe. (not me, yet)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waters? I don't think she is divisive why do you think that? Menendez is from Jersey, the feds have him in court and if he's guilty off to jail he will go. I don't put either of these 2 in the same category or with the same amount of power that Trump has.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep revising this post thinking I just write with different words it will somehow be useful to you, but I honestly don't know what to say to make that happen.

Kath, my friend (and I sincerely mean that), I have nothing to offer you but love and support. I completely understand how you're feeling. Every morning I sigh as I reach for my phone to look at the news wondering what a$$hat has done now. I swing between being resigned (as you are) to BEING SO FVCKING MAD I CAN'T BELIEVE MY OWN LEVEL OF ANGER. I am not an outwardly emotional person but over the past several months I'd said things that have shocked those around me -- and have shocked me too when I realized the thing that just came out of my mouth was the TRUTH.

We are here for you. And for each other. If you need to take a break for your own well being please do that. You and your health (physical and mental) are far too important. In the mean time I will be roaring like the five foot tall pixie lion that I am, and I will roar for you too. Because I am not done. Not by a long shot.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
@katharath I have no suggestions for you, just lots of hugs. I am right in here complaining with you, but it's not the same because I'm removed from it. I have so much love for my american friends and family, hope you don't mind me commiserating with you!

On your side note, I foster dogs and it's SO rewarding! Even if you don't want to take on the full responsibility of a 3rd kitty you might want to look into any local rescue societies that need foster homes! Though I've heard more than one story of a 'foster fail' where they end up keeping them hehe. (not me, yet)

Thanks telephone89! Hugs and commiserating are very helpful as far as I'm concerned :)

And that is a great suggestion, actually, about fostering. I need to consider that! I actually do love dogs too (had them growing up but never really had cats until the last 5 years or so, and now I love them too, lol. Cats work better with our lifestyle and schedules, though). That's so great that you foster dogs, I'm sure it can be a lot of work but I can imagine how rewarding it must be. Thanks for your post :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I keep revising this post thinking I just write with different words it will somehow be useful to you, but I honestly don't know what to say to make that happen.

Kath, my friend (and I sincerely mean that), I have nothing to offer you but love and support. I completely understand how you're feeling. Every morning I sigh as I reach for my phone to look at the news wondering what a$$hat has done now. I swing between being resigned (as you are) to BEING SO FVCKING MAD I CAN'T BELIEVE MY OWN LEVEL OF ANGER. I am not an outwardly emotional person but over the past several months I'd said things that have shocked those around me -- and have shocked me too when I realized the thing that just came out of my mouth was the TRUTH.

We are here for you. And for each other. If you need to take a break for your own well being please do that. You and your health (physical and mental) are far too important. In the mean time I will be roaring like the five foot tall pixie lion that I am, and I will roar for you too. Because I am not done. Not by a long shot.

I was nodding my head along with your post in recognition as I read along, because it's just exactly how I feel. That swinging back and forth from anger to resignation - that's it. There's no way I'm giving in completely, but I do think maybe I'm worn down enough to need a break from it all. I don't know, it's hard, I don't believe that ignorance is good but sometimes I just can't take anymore of this!!

Well, if I disappear for a bit, just know that I'll be back. I'm not really at that state yet but it feels like I'm close. Ugh.

Anyway THANK YOU for your lovely post bc I think of you as a friend too; actually I guess I think of all of us in this fight as friends and allies. Support and friendship are perhaps the only things that really will see us through this ugly time. ❤️

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any tips or thoughts for weathering this? What helps YOU deal with this situation? Any ideas aside from donating to our causes and volunteering? I'm looking for tips I haven't thought of/tried. Should I stay offline entirely for awhile? If so, how long? Has that helped anyone? I deal with fairly severe anxiety/depression and have been this way my entire life, which I know makes things a lot worse.
Sure, The Dems. better come up with a candidate who can kick Trump's ass in 2020.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kath I feel 10000% the same. I was nodding the entire time, and I know others (as @dee-jay and @telephone have shown) do too. We all need to support each other during this crappy time.

I swing between being BEYOND ANGRY, and feeling too exhausted for feelings. But remember that justice will eventually be done (that's the only thing comforting me ATM). I honestly think Mueller will fix this horrible horrible farce of a presidency--maybe not as fast as we want, but soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results