Tweets from a lunatic

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Bravissimo, tuto bene, meravigliosa :clap:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This could not be more appropriate and pretty much sums up my feelings lately.

IMG_0394.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love George.
Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 11.05.10 AM.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, loving the sock puppet action taking over the boards lately. It was quiet for about a week there!

image.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Madam, THAT is hilarious!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twitler is planning to live tweet during Comey's testimony. Give a fool enough rope....

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Another excellent example of the difference between experienced, competent politicians - and the Trump family. It's just SO SMART to call half of the country "not even people". I also love his outrage at our "lack of morality". This, coming from a Trump who was just caught scamming money from charities - pretty rich stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eric-trump-fathers-critics-theyre-not-even-people-131415414.html

Snip:

“I’ve never seen hatred like this,” the younger Trump told Fox News’ Sean Hannity. “To me, they’re not even people. It’s so, so sad. Morality’s just gone, morals have flown out the window, and we deserve so much better than this as a country.”

“You see the Democratic Party, they’re imploding,” he continued. “They’re imploding. They became obstructionists because they have no message of their own.”

Eric Trump, who, along with his brother Donald Trump Jr., is running the Trump Organization while his father is in the Oval Office, also slammed Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez.

“You see the head of the DNC, who is a total whack job — there’s no leadership there,” Eric Trump said.

His comments came the same day Forbes published a bombshell report that alleges his charity, the Eric Trump Foundation, paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Trump Organization for use of its golf courses. He had previously told both the magazine and donors that such costs were unnecessary because they were owned by the Trump family."

IMG_5146.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I'm not really a person does that mean I no longer need to pay taxes? If so, I guess that makes me a Trump!

A TRUMP saying I don't have morals is just priceless.

Eric and Donnie, Why don't you go discuss morals with your dad. The same person who brought his girlfriend along on your family vacation. These people are unbelievable!

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the article redwood! I actually agree with the author on most points. Since he's been elected, I've been saying that at the very least there's going to be some really great comedy the next few years. So far, I have not been disappointed on that front! :mrgreen:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe whatever you want, PC correctness or whatever, but the next terror attack will not be Mr. or Mrs. Smith nor Mr. or Mrs. Wong.

I guess mass murders don't count as terror attacks when they're done by white people, right?

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/three-killed-two-wounded-in-utah-shooting (shooter was white)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/us/orlando-fatalities/index.html (shooter was white)

This one is a bit older: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...re-iranians/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.16324c81a842 (shooter was white, racist, and apparently not smart enough to be able to tell the difference between Muslims and East Indians).

Just looking at the statistical probabilities, you'd think that you'd want to be more frightened of angry, mentally unstable white people with easy access to guns than the alternatives... (but hey, I'm an outsider,what do I know?)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess mass murders don't count as terror attacks when they're done by white people, right?
Go ahead and keep on talking PC, but odds are that the next terrorist act committed will not be from someone with a last name Smith, Jones or Lee. ..Just keep your head in the sands.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go ahead and keep on talking PC, but odds are that the next terrorist act committed will not be from someone with a last name Smith, Jones or Lee. ..Just keep your head in the sands.

No, their last names are Christian, Neumann, and Purinton. Not to mention Hartless, Santiago, Cetin, Long, Johnson, Ford, Dalton, Deer, Harpham, Mercer, Roof, Del Toro, Frieberg, Roger, Lopez, Rhoads, Alexix, Vargas....shall I go on? These are just the ones from 2013 - 2017. And lets not forget Virginia Tech's Seung-Hui Cho and Binghampton's Jiverly Wong just in case we're going to suggest that people from certain parts of the world are immune.

Mother Jones' Investigation: US Mass Shootings, 1982-2016
Racial make-up of mass shooters:

Asian - 2
Black - 6
Latino - 15
Native American - 3
Other (including Islamic) - 5
unclear 1
White 49

reference: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

I think you're the one with your head in the sand. There are terrorist attacks occurring EVERY SINGLE DAY in the US, only they're not labeled that way because they're either not politically or racially motivated, or they're politically and racially motivated, but just not by the people that you're comfortable pointing to as the enemy.

I actually think you're the one spouting what I'm going to call "conservative PC" because you can't even recognize that you have a serious social problem on your hands and the vast majority of incidents are not being caused by foreigners.

Last edited:

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No, their last names are Christian, Neumann, and Purinton. Not to mention Hartless, Santiago, Cetin, Long, Johnson, Ford, Dalton, Deer, Harpham, Mercer, Roof, Del Toro, Frieberg, Roger, Lopez, Rhoads, Alexix, Vargas....shall I go on? These are just the ones from 2013 - 2017. And lets not forget Virginia Tech's Seung-Hui Cho and Binghampton's Jiverly Wong just in case we're going to suggest that people from certain parts of the world are immune.

Mother Jones' Investigation: US Mass Shootings, 1982-2016
Racial make-up of mass shooters:

Asian - 2
Black - 6
Latino - 15
Native American - 3
Other (including Islamic) - 5 unclear 1
White 49

reference: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

I think you're the one with your head in the sand. There are terrorist attacks occurring EVERY SINGLE DAY in the US, only they're not labeled that way because they're either not politically or racially motivated, or they're politically and racially motivated, but just not by the people that you're comfortable pointing to as the enemy.

I actually think you're the one spouting what I'm going to call "conservative PC" because you can't even recognize that you have a serious social problem on your hands and the vast majority of incidents are not being caused by foreigners.

slow...f*cking...clap :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
That was beautiful. Thank you CMD for saying (and citing!!) what I was already thinking. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many from your list was labeled as a terrorist attack?
How many of them was connected to ISIS?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any mass killing of people is terrible and it should not be a source of argument on which is worse. The government response is different based on the motivation of the killings. Terror that originates or is inspired by those outside the US is handled differently than homegrown crazies. To call Ft. Hood a workplace violence incident is a terrible mistake though, which took 6 years for victims to receive their due benefits.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...army-finally-gives-ft-hood-victims-their-full

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How many from your list was labeled as a terrorist attack?
How many of them was connected to ISIS?

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding your point, DF. Unless I'm mistaken, that's exactly what CMD is saying:

And your response illustrates her point quite well. Is ISIS the only perpetrator?

Terrorism: The systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion (according to Merriam-Webster)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any mass killing of people is terrible and it should not be a source of argument on which is worse. The government response is different based on the motivation of the killings. Terror that originates or is inspired by those outside the US is handled differently than homegrown crazies. To call Ft. Hood a workplace violence incident is a terrible mistake though, which took 6 years for victims to receive their due benefits.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...army-finally-gives-ft-hood-victims-their-full

Red, I agree with you. I thought the government treated the victims terribly. Just like the 911 first responders got treated very poorly.

I just think it's terribly racist to suggest that "the next terrorist attack" won't be committed by someone with a white or Asian last name (like we are somehow immune to behaving badly) while completely ignoring the perhaps even more significant risk that homegrown crazies present. Like the Unibomber, the crazy medical clinic bombers, Oklahoma City, that guy who flew his plane into the Texas IRS building, the anthrax attacks, the racially and politically motivated attacks perpetrated by white people against various minority groups, and all these senseless, stupid, mass shootings. It feels like fear-mongering Islamophobia as a way of deflecting from some other, less politically palatable social issues.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No mass killings should be downplayed or ignored nor should the motivation for them. It is not a scoreboard to be kept for partisan purposes. That said, terrorism should not be downplayed or reduced to shouts of Islamaphobia. Are we so far removed from 9/11 and many US and global incidents since then that we feel comfortable doing that?

Edit - cmd I am not saying you are doing that.

Last edited:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No mass killings should be downplayed or ignored nor should the motivation for them. It is not a scoreboard to be kept for partisan purposes. That said, terrorism should not be downplayed or reduced to shouts of Islamaphobia. Are we so far removed from 9/11 and many US and global incidents since then that we feel comfortable doing that?

Edit - cmd I am not saying you are doing that.

Thanks Red,

I have to admit, I'm tired. It's been hard to turn on the news lately (for all sorts of reasons - including the horrible things that people keep doing to each other in the name of all sorts of ideologies that make no sense to me - including the one that says "I'm angry and I'm going to take a whole bunch of innocent people out with me"), and I'm probably a little reactive to certain things because of it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand completely. Maybe we all need a break from the 24hr news. I want to get away from all of it and enjoy my life for a bit. We should all try to be a bit nicer too. I want to work on that. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently Cheeto von Tweeto has wrestled his phone back from whoever was keeping it at bay these past few days...

IMG_1854.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results