carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

katharath

Ideal_Rock
BeekeeperBetty|1486490612|4125417 said:
katharath|1486450136|4125288 said:
Here's a fun one. Seems pretty innocent, right? The whole tweet is just this image, with Trump, a flag, his slogan, and look closely now... SOME NAZI SOLDIERS visible in the bottom right foreground (underneath the white flag portion). Yes. Those are Nazis. This was an image used during his campaign. He blamed the "Nazi mistake" on an aide. I added the second pic bc it's a tiny bit bigger and you can see the Nazis better.

I have several white supremacist family members (you don't get to choose your family) and it is never a "mistake." This is how these people roll. It's all codes, symbols, hidden pictures, etc. And when you call them out on it they act all innocent like it was a simple mistake, and they didn't know what it meant. While at the same time winking and nodding to their scuzzy friends, and slipping in racist jokes every opportunity they get. This is not a one off for Trump. Remember the Hillary meme with the antisemetic imagery? And the "deplorables" meme that his son retweeted with the Pepe the Frog and Milo symbols? It is all by design.

Anyway, I wanted to throw that out there since I happen to be related to a large number of uneducated, racist, poor, redneck southerners. I have done my best to distance myself, but I grew up in their close circle as a child.

Unfortunately, even though I have the best intentions I always seem to get blindsided with some sort of new disaster after I post and I rarely have the time to post responses, and so I have just decided to lurk instead of post because I'm sure it comes off as rude. I'm just having a string of bad luck lately. I don't mean to be rude. I felt compelled to reply to this because I feel like I may be one of the few posters here who grew up in poverty surrounded by criminals and racists. I am thankful to my parents for being generally decent people in this regard, or else I might be the same way.

Betty, I can empathize. I was born and partly raised in the Deep South, with many relatives who are the type that *think* they're not racist - but totally are. Quick example, I saw Nazi flags decorate the homes of relatives; but was told that they were just "historical souvenirs".

MANY of my family members voted for Trump. It has caused a big riff.

I'm not totally sure how I became the exact opposite of my family, but I think it was partly due to a move out of the South at the age of @12; and the fact that I'm a ridiculous reader. From the age of 8 or so I became obsessed with books, and my parents let me read anything I could get my hands on. They probably didn't understand that it would open up my mind so much, lol!!

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean. I have those family members, too. One side of my family are the southern rednecks, and other side are inner city criminals in a major midwestern city. The city family totally says they aren't racist, but my facebook feed is constantly filled with racist memes. But they just think they're funny. They're not racist! :roll: My southern family isn't shy about it. The family myth is that they lost everything in the War of Northern Aggression and they are just trying to show some white pride. Please.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a fun one. Seems pretty innocent, right? The whole tweet is just this image, with Trump, a flag, his slogan, and look closely now... SOME NAZI SOLDIERS visible in the bottom right foreground (underneath the white flag portion). Yes. Those are Nazis. This was an image used during his campaign. He blamed the "Nazi mistake" on an aide. I added the second pic bc it's a tiny bit bigger and you can see the Nazis better.

I have several white supremacist family members (you don't get to choose your family) and it is never a "mistake." This is how these people roll. It's all codes, symbols, hidden pictures, etc. And when you call them out on it they act all innocent like it was a simple mistake, and they didn't know what it meant. While at the same time winking and nodding to their scuzzy friends, and slipping in racist jokes every opportunity they get. This is not a one off for Trump. Remember the Hillary meme with the antisemetic imagery? And the "deplorables" meme that his son retweeted with the Pepe the Frog and Milo symbols? It is all by design.

Anyway, I wanted to throw that out there since I happen to be related to a large number of uneducated, racist, poor, redneck southerners. I have done my best to distance myself, but I grew up in their close circle as a child.

Unfortunately, even though I have the best intentions I always seem to get blindsided with some sort of new disaster after I post and I rarely have the time to post responses, and so I have just decided to lurk instead of post because I'm sure it comes off as rude. I'm just having a string of bad luck lately. I don't mean to be rude. I felt compelled to reply to this because I feel like I may be one of the few posters here who grew up in poverty surrounded by criminals and racists. I am thankful to my parents for being generally decent people in this regard, or else I might be the same way.

Betty, you're not alone! Although I don't recall any criminals I certainly came from a long line of rednecks who were, among other things, racist to the hilt. I could give you examples of the things my grandparents and parents have said over the years that have left me gape-mouthed and hung my head in shame FOR THEM.

Thank god WE got out!

As for not choosing your family, I took the CB for the first time on a trip to visit my father last September during the one and only weekend I spend with him a year. The last things I said to the CB as we pulled our rental car into the parking lot of the time share were 1. I did not pick these people, I was born into them, and 2. Do not EVER, under ANY circumstances, leave me alone in a room with my father on this trip. EVER. PERIOD.

ETA: My mother is no better.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
katharath|1486449452|4125286 said:
More Trump tweets (from 2012, yes...and FYI, for the uninformed about how the Internet works, there's no "digging" involved; it's literally one Google).

I used the word dredging - as in to bring up a topic from a long time ago that most have long gotten past and are trying to move on from, present company excepted.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Hillary has blamed losing the election on anyone and everyone, except the right one - her.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1486482467|4125358 said:
For someone who complains about people detracting from the original topic of a thread there seems to be a lot of that going on here.

BTW, I'm loving all these little nuggets from The Commander In Tweet -- a good laugh in the middle of this political tragedy is most welcome!

And from someone who said I was a troublemaker because I did not use the quote feature, who are you talking to?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1486493354|4125451 said:
More Trump tweets (from 2012, yes...and FYI, for the uninformed about how the Internet works, there's no "digging" involved; it's literally one Google).

I used the word dredging - as in to bring up a topic from a long time ago that most have long gotten past and are trying to move on from, present company excepted.

If you don't like the content of this thread, no one is forcing you to participate. As the thread creator, I would ask that if you're going to post, please stay at least tangentially on topic. If you can't do that, then FYI, I will not be responding to you in this thread; and I would encourage others not to engage either. (It is clear what her intentions are, and equally clear that engaging will get you exactly nowhere). Best just to ignore!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
E B|1486483430|4125366 said:
ruby59|1486447678|4125277 said:
Why can't you understand that while some of us do not agree with everything he has said and done, we want this country to go in a different direction then it has for the last 8 years.

"This house needs a remodel. Let's hire an arsonist!"

Is that how a far left lib would interpret it?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vividly remember a Trump slogan that called Hillary "CORRUPT" on a Star of David.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
More haters and losers...

img_4061.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1486493730|4125460 said:
Dee*Jay|1486482467|4125358 said:
For someone who complains about people detracting from the original topic of a thread there seems to be a lot of that going on here.

BTW, I'm loving all these little nuggets from The Commander In Tweet -- a good laugh in the middle of this political tragedy is most welcome!

And from someone who said I was a troublemaker because I did not use the quote feature, who are you talking to?

I don't recall saying you were a troublemaker for not using the quote feature, however I'm sure it is possible. Please point me to that post of mine.

On to the matter at hand:

I'm talking TO EVERYONE and I'm talking ABOUT YOU.

Everything perfectly clear now?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1486493785|4125461 said:

If you don't like the content of this thread, no one is forcing you to participate. As the thread creator, I would ask that if you're going to post, please stay at least tangentially on topic. If you can't do that, then FYI, I will not be responding to you in this thread; and I would encourage others not to engage either. (It is clear what her intentions are, and equally clear that engaging will get you exactly nowhere). Best just to ignore!

To get us back on topic, I present some hilarious and non-specific fear-mongering (what is he even referring to?!?!) and RADICAL MOOSE LAMBS!

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2010.58.46%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2011.00.03%20AM.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Sad but funny at the same time:

img_4089.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Where did I say that I did not like the content?

And if you do not care to respond to me? It is all good.

But why are you so afraid of other people's opinions?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1486494219|4125468 said:

To get us back on topic, I present some hilarious and non-specific fear-mongering (what is he even referring to?!?!) and RADICAL MOOSE LAMBS!

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2010.58.46%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2011.00.03%20AM.png

The "moose lambs" just killed me. Omg. I am just a bit in love with Melissa.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1486493905|4125465 said:

I vividly remember a Trump slogan that called Hillary "CORRUPT" on a Star of David.

Yes, he did. And I called him out here over it.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Remembering the good old days...

img_4091.png

img_14897.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1486494500|4125473 said:

Ah, the good ol' days indeed! We didn't realize how good we had it! A president that may not have been the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree/in the hanukkah menorah but who wasn't he!! bent on violating the rights of pretty much every population segment that isn't White, Male AND Republican as well as a descendent of the Mayflower passengers. Sorry George -- I apologize for not appreciating you in relation to the current alternative... and that's a FACT!

E B

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1486493894|4125464 said:

We're watching it unfold.

katharath|1486494226|4125469 said:

:lol: (and ;( as a parent to three who will go through the public school system. Luckily, I live in a college town that values public education.)

Back for a second to depressing news on Twitter:

screen_shot_2017-02-07_at_2.png

“This confusion was more pronounced among people 18 to 29 and those who earn less than $50,000 — two groups that could be significantly affected by repeal.”

Isn't that the way it goes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not tweets, but hilariously dumb Spicer quote:

When asked about why the White House issued a list of 78 terror attacks, Spicer reiterated the White House's false claims that the media isn't adequately reporting them.

"The reason the president is acting the way he has ... is because he cares that we don't have attacks in this country," Spicer said.

He added: "The Earth is a very dangerous place these days."

THE EARTH! IT'S SO DANGEROUS!

EDIT: But don't worry, the WH only wants to talk about Islamic terrorism. Bc if they ignore other types of terrorism by people who look like them everything will be great.

The attacks listed span from September 2014 to December 2016, and include the Paris attacks, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the truck attacks in Nice and Berlin, the Brussels airport attack, the Istanbul airport and Sultanahmet attacks, and the Sydney siege.

But the White House only mentions attacks that appear to have been carried out with Islamist motives and omits other terror operations, such as the recent attack on a mosque in Quebec City, or the racially motivated attack by Dylann Roof on a church in South Carolina.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
E B|1486494780|4125477 said:
ruby59|1486493894|4125464 said:

We're watching it unfold.

katharath|1486494226|4125469 said:

:lol: (and ;( as a parent to three who will go through the public school system. Luckily, I live in a college town that values public education.)

Back for a second to depressing news on Twitter:

screen_shot_2017-02-07_at_2.png

“This confusion was more pronounced among people 18 to 29 and those who earn less than $50,000 — two groups that could be significantly affected by repeal.”

Isn't that the way it goes.

Yes, I see how some of you do that, judging by this thread. You see what you want to see. And you only accept that which you want to hear and see.

Otherwise, you call out the cavalry and tell people to ignore it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I am watching a train wreck happening right before my very eyes every time this new admin makes a move. ;(

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1486495030|4125483 said:
I feel like I am watching a train wreck happening right before my very eyes every time this new admin makes a move. ;(

It's really, really bad.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1486494751|4125476 said:

Ah, the good ol' days indeed! We didn't realize how good we had it! A president that may not have been the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree/in the hanukkah menorah but who wasn't he!! bent on violating the rights of pretty much every population segment that isn't White, Male AND Republican as well as a descendent of the Mayflower passengers. Sorry George -- I apologize for not appreciating you in relation to the current alternative... and that's a FACT!

Yep.

With Trump we get the affable idiocy of Bush combined with the evil intent of Nixon. NOT a good combo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know who "Alex Zalben" is, but I think I love him.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2011.18.27%20AM.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
This just seems generally applicable:

img_14898.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1486495021|4125482 said:
Yes, I see how some of you do that, judging by this thread. You see what you want to see. And you only accept that which you want to hear and see.

Most of this thread is us posting his tweets. His own words. Is this another round of "you should take him seriously, not literally"? Or is it the other way around? FWIW, I think you may be right- to an extent- but you are certainly guilty of the same.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1486495256|4125488 said:
I dont know who "Alex Zalben" is, but I think I love him.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%2011.18.27%20AM.png

lol I love that guy, I see his tweets at Trump all the time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know how you feel DeeJay. I could literally slap myself for ever complaining about Romney! I sincerely apologize Mitt.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1486495513|4125492 said:

I know how you feel DeeJay. I could literally slap myself for ever complaining about Romney! I sincerely apologize Mitt.

Yeah, Mitt's an ok guy. And I don't hate Bush. I sincerely think that he tried his best and wanted good things for America.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results