shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
katharath|1488493176|4135717 said:
Here's some leftist perspective for any of the "right wingers" who seem to crave it so much:

I thought it was truly pathetic how everyone lapped up as "laudable" the facts that Trump was able to read someone else's speech while not having a temper tantrum. I noticed that most of the conservatives here seemed to think it was quite wonderful, so I didn't feel the need to go on and on about how pathetic the whole thing was - but I certainly didn't "disappear" bc some people "think" Don gave a great speech. I "disappeared" bc I thought it was SAD that anyone actually thinks well of this man for being able to read a TelePrompTer. It's SAD that this is our new standard.

And I also find it absolutely disgusting that a man who has dodged the draft, got a SEAL killed and then tried to blame "the generals" for it (and didn't even bother monitoring the mission while it was happening) used a widow with a husband barely cold to try to manipulate the public. It's very, very sick to me.

As far as the female politicians wearing white and leaving right after the speech? They wear white because they are celebrating the memory of the women who paved the way for ALL of us to VOTE. I cannot imagine why anyone would take issue with that. And they left quickly bc no, they don't respect the pussy grabber, and no, they don't have to. They certainly manage to be more respectful than I would be. If given half the chance, I'd absolutely tell him what a POS I think he is. (Actually, I've done that on twitter several times).

In deference to you Kath as I know you are grieving and do not feel well, I am not going to respond to this post the way I could and leave it at that.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1488493813|4135728 said:
Here's some leftist perspective for any of the "right wingers" who seem to crave it so much:

I thought it was truly pathetic how everyone lapped up as "laudable" the facts that Trump was able to read someone else's speech while not having a temper tantrum. I noticed that most of the conservatives here seemed to think it was quite wonderful, so I didn't feel the need to go on and on about how pathetic the whole thing was - but I certainly didn't "disappear" bc some people "think" Don gave a great speech. I "disappeared" bc I thought it was SAD that anyone actually thinks well of this man for being able to read a TelePrompTer. It's SAD that this is our new standard.

And I also find it absolutely disgusting that a man who has dodged the draft, got a SEAL killed and then tried to blame "the generals" for it (and didn't even bother monitoring the mission while it was happening) used a widow with a husband barely cold to try to manipulate the public. It's very, very sick to me.

As far as the female politicians wearing white and leaving right after the speech? They wear white because they are celebrating the memory of the women who paved the way for ALL of us to VOTE. I cannot imagine why anyone would take issue with that. And they left quickly bc no, they don't respect the pussy grabber, and no, they don't have to. They certainly manage to be more respectful than I would be. If given half the chance, I'd absolutely tell him what a POS I think he is. (Actually, I've done that on twitter several times).

In deference to you Kath as I know you are grieving and do not feel well, I am not going to respond to this post the way I could and leave it at that.

Ruby, I do appreciate the thought, as I think it's coming from a good place. But please do not feel the need to censor yourself on my account. Truly. Say anything you like!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
As seen on twitter:

img_4576.png

img_4577.png

img_4579.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Obama (and all other presidents) stood on their own fair amount of coffins for their agenda, if that is truly how you choose to look at a tribute.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1488494646|4135740 said:
Obama (and all other presidents) stood on their own fair amount of coffins for their agenda, if that is truly how you choose to look at a tribute.

Yes, that's the difference. Obama and previous presidents were actually paying tribute, not exploiting.

From the article I linked:

"Presidents since Reagan have used their guest lists at such speeches to recognize extraordinary Americans. The Owens family deserves every bit of this recognition and more from a grateful nation. However, this instance stood out for its opportunism and inappropriateness. Despite the raw emotions of this moment, the Trump White House saw fit to invite Carryn Owens to the president’s joint address to Congress and parade her before the world.

Unlike with other guests who were publicized in advance, the Trump political machine also seems to have concealed her attendance until just before the speech. Although White House aides say they kept Owens’ identity a secret to protect her from the media spotlight, it’s equally plausible that White House operatives wanted to create a moment of presidential drama—not unlike the big reveal at the end of an episode of Celebrity Apprentice.

That Trump used this reality show moment to co-opt Owens’ heroism after so recklessly ordering the raid that cost him his life—and has since evaded responsibility for that raid—added insult to injury. There stood the commander in chief of the U.S. armed forces, the most powerful man on the planet, having attempted within the past 24 hours to avoid responsibility for the things he could (and did) control while seeking to claim laurels for acts of valor he had no claim to. It was disgraceful.

It’s also impossible to excuse Trump for this spectacle given his own shameful history with respect to military service. Trump aggressively evaded service during the Vietnam War and then insultingly compared his dating experiences in New York City to combat. As a philanthropist, Trump largely ignored veterans causes and even avoided paying them during his campaign—until Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold hounded him into keeping his pledges. During his presidential campaign, Trump insulted prisoners of war, Gold Star families, Purple Heart recipients, and America’s generals. If ever there was a person who should act humbly around the military, it is Donald Trump."

katharath

Ideal_Rock
For Matata :D

img_15396.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Katharath, Thank you for putting our thoughts perfectly into words. Of course it probably comes as no surprise that I whole heartedly agree with you.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you katharath.

TBH I'm not usually one to be 'moved' by speeches. They are written by someone else, proofread by 20 other people, and all the president (or PM up here) does is read it. I can appreciate the way someone speaks, but these are rarely their words. Even with Obama, people praised him for being a great speaker, I praised his speechwriters who actually did all the work :lol:

but in this instance, to have people fawning over him for doing something that EVERY OTHER president was capable of from the beginning is mind boggling.

eta - OMG THE MIB MEME :lol: :lol: :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1488495275|4135747 said:
redwood66|1488494646|4135740 said:

Yes, that's the difference. Obama and previous presidents were actually paying tribute, not exploiting.

From the article I linked:

"Presidents since Reagan have used their guest lists at such speeches to recognize extraordinary Americans. The Owens family deserves every bit of this recognition and more from a grateful nation. However, this instance stood out for its opportunism and inappropriateness. Despite the raw emotions of this moment, the Trump White House saw fit to invite Carryn Owens to the president’s joint address to Congress and parade her before the world.

Unlike with other guests who were publicized in advance, the Trump political machine also seems to have concealed her attendance until just before the speech. Although White House aides say they kept Owens’ identity a secret to protect her from the media spotlight, it’s equally plausible that White House operatives wanted to create a moment of presidential drama—not unlike the big reveal at the end of an episode of Celebrity Apprentice.

That Trump used this reality show moment to co-opt Owens’ heroism after so recklessly ordering the raid that cost him his life—and has since evaded responsibility for that raid—added insult to injury. There stood the commander in chief of the U.S. armed forces, the most powerful man on the planet, having attempted within the past 24 hours to avoid responsibility for the things he could (and did) control while seeking to claim laurels for acts of valor he had no claim to. It was disgraceful.

It’s also impossible to excuse Trump for this spectacle given his own shameful history with respect to military service. Trump aggressively evaded service during the Vietnam War and then insultingly compared his dating experiences in New York City to combat. As a philanthropist, Trump largely ignored veterans causes and even avoided paying them during his campaign—until Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold hounded him into keeping his pledges. During his presidential campaign, Trump insulted prisoners of war, Gold Star families, Purple Heart recipients, and America’s generals. If ever there was a person who should act humbly around the military, it is Donald Trump."

I don't see it the same way. JCJ expressed her view, that I agree with, in the other thread. We shall agree to disagree.

E B

Ideal_Rock
:lol:

One. for. everything.

screen_shot_2017-03-02_at_9.png

screen_shot_2017-03-02_at_9_0.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the Valium has worn off... maybe Colbert can spare a little something for Puss Grab.

img_15401.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488510037|4135811 said:
Apparently the Valium has worn off... maybe Colbert can spare a little something for Puss Grab.
hahahahahahhahaha that's amazing. What a moron.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty pathetic when the only time he remotely resembles a president is when he is reading from a TelePrompTer.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Callie, telephone - thank you both for the kind words.

Redwood - we will just have to agree to disagree :)

EB - thanks for posting that, I appreciated the irony!

DeeJay - oh man, looks like the leash is off, lol!!

lovedogs - yep :)

I'm not on much tonight so I'm trying to reply to everyone at once, lol.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been noted that Mrs. Owens is a VERY private person; therefore, it's perfectly reasonable (to me at least) that the Admin didn't release her guest status to protect her. If Trump wanted ratings & props for this, her attendance would have been announced in advance or leaked by his staff ... it wasn't.

“I get the idea that it would be nice to say that everything is a political ploy,” she said. “It totally negates, though, the meaning behind this and the meaning of it for all the people watching who cried with her, is that some valiant people are out there fighting not for Republicans, not for Democrats, they’re fighting for this country and God bless them for doing it.”
“He’s a hero, and she is strong,” Ms. Kyle concurred.

“She is anything but a ‘poor woman’ or a ‘poor widow.’ She has more strength in her little finger than most people would have in their lifetime,” she added. “She’s lived a life where she had to be strong, and this is another step in her journey of being stronger than she wants to be.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/2/taya-kyle-american-sniper-widow-slams-michael-moor/

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Why did no one question when Obama introduced the Khans at the democratic convention?

Couldn't it be said he was using them?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, it was nice to see him "presidential" for...did he make it 24 hours?

screen_shot_2017-03-03_at_1.png

And chaser:

screen_shot_2017-03-03_at_1_0.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1488567339|4136038 said:
Well, it was nice to see him "presidential" for...did he make it 24 hours?

screen_shot_2017-03-03_at_1.png

And chaser:

screen_shot_2017-03-03_at_1_0.png
hahahahahahahaah he is literally one of the stupidest people in the world. WHAT IN THE WORLD does he think is relevant about Schumer meeting Putin in '03 IN PUBLIC?!?!?!

He only makes himself look guilty/foolish/incompetent/any other negative word with b-s like this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this tweet from Takei. First because I love him. Second because amusing wordplay. Third because I wish Ryan Reynolds would cover me :naughty:

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-03%20at%2011.51.13%20AM.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1488570765|4136082 said:
Love this tweet from Takei. First because I love him. Second because amusing wordplay. Third because I wish Ryan Reynolds would cover me :naughty:

You'll have to fight me for him. :lol: :love:

Ok, we can share. :cheeky:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
E B|1488571697|4136086 said:

You women are so fickle.

Already moved on from Joe - I mean Justin Trudeau?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never stray from JT. Not with a booty like that.

jtbooty.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1488574637|4136110 said:
E B|1488571697|4136086 said:

You women are so fickle.

Already moved on from Joe - I mean Justin Trudeau?

No way. He's welcome to join as well. 8-)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Interesting cover of German mag:

screen_shot_2017-03-03_at_4.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It took him three tries and 15 minutes to get "hereby", but he got there. Whew! (The first two are his deleted attempts).

img_12606.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1488587659|4136202 said:
It took him three tries and 15 minutes to get "hereby", but he got there. Whew! (The first two are his deleted attempts).
I see a beautiful set of pearls. No tweets there lol

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Kathara, am I seeing a string of pearls or is there another glitch going on?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seeing the tweets.... and they are gems!!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what is going on with ps?!?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results