shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tuesday’s 7.06ct Old Mine Cut in OG-inspired setting

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s a long saga of a 7.34ct ring stolen by FedEx employees and months and months of heartache backstory, all which I am way too tired to write out and organize into clear thought but,

Dolly of Bijoux Box is a bit of a miracle worker and found me my replacement.

Tuesday was originally set in a bangle bracelet, and my bleeding romantic heart feeling a twang at pulling her from her home of a centennial meant I wanted to duplicate that for a ring. Dolly did an amazing job recreating it! The blackened patina look really makes it gothic and I love it so much.

I named her Tuesday because of this quote from an unknown movie I watched who knows when had a scene where a husband buys his wife some diamond earrings which she shows off at a party. A friend asks the husband what the special occasion was for such a gift, and he replies, “it’s Tuesday”. It’s always been such a romantic idea for me to celebrate Tuesdays (or any days) for just being. I hope I wear her for many, many boring-but-still-meaningful Tuesdays.

Below are a few hand selfies, a photo of Tuesday in her original bracelet, and a side-by-side comparing the two settings.

IMG_6791.jpeg

IMG_6701.jpeg

IMG_6735.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my……………. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Losing the original diamond was so horrible for you & the stress that it caused trying to deal with it all.

But this…. Stunning. I can’t actually tell that the ring setting is new - it literally looks like Dolly just chopped the ends off the broach & wrapped it around your finger. Beautiful job!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't imagine that diamond in a bracelet! So glad you were able to find a replacement and make your new ring though! It looks large and in charge - enjoy!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! I love everything about it. So glad Dolly was able to find you such a large, unique and beautiful diamond to replace the one that was stolen. She did a fantastic job with the setting.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
All of us on PS talked about how awful it was when that beautiful stone was stolen. I’m so glad that Dolly was the miracle worker that she is and found a beautiful stone for you! I love the name and the story behind it. Is the melee also rescued from the bracelet? So so beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!♥️
So happy for you @madelise
Wear in good health and blingy joy

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Tuesday was meant to be yours to enjoy! She's beautiful and I'm glad that you've had a happy ending to an un happy saga of loss/theft (sooo disheartening). Wishing you & Tuesday much joy together for many, many years to come!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Absolute stunner! I'm so glad you finally have a happy ending to the saga, @madelise

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love that you recreated the bracelet in a ring setting, looks like the stone never left.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh. She’s a looker alright. Stunningly perfect! Sorry it took some heartache and stress to get here. I’d say Tuesday was worth it all now!! Enjoy that lovely!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Tuesday is such a beauty and the setting is so striking! The blackened patina really makes the stone pop and she looks just perfect on your hand. Enjoy and wear her in good health. We obviously expect a lot more pics of Tuesday! lol

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! What a truly stunning ring! Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is so beautiful and looks like she was always in that setting! I'm so glad you were able to find a replacement after the heartache of the other one.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Tuesday…. You are beautiful! You are safe and will be taken care of for many many more years. Congrats to you both ❤️❤️❤️❤️

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Tuesday is spectacular!!! That diamond is fabulous!!! It looks perfect in the new setting. What a gorgeous ring. We are going to need more pictures, a lot more!
Congratulations!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Tuesday is just fabulous in that setting. :love: So glad you were able to match the OG bracelet.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness this is gorgeous!!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Tuesday is absolutely stunning! What a great ending to a terrible experience

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. I’m celebrating my birthday with one of my best friends and really enjoying Tuesday in all the sunshine and extended light evening hours!

Here’s a quick lil video of the sparkle party!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible experience but I'm glad that Tuesday is able to make up for it. What a lovely name and meaning behind it. Now I got to tell my husband "it's Tuesday" and see what he says lol.

Anyway enjoy Tuesday and that lovely setting which is so unique and pays homage to her old setting! Couldn't tell that it was a new setting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woweee, this is absolutely gorgeous @madelise!! You must not be able to take your eyes of Tuesday - that video is mesmerizing! Sorry to hear of your troubles but this stunner will bring you lots of joy and happiness...how could it not lol? Happy birthday to you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ayuh, this get the good dress.
I hereby dub her SUPER Tuesday because she's an event!:love::love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well hello there!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuesday looks beautiful in that setting that seems replicated from the bracelet Just stunning and such beautiful finger real estate too!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Absolutely incredible! What a unicorn ❤️

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. I can’t actually tell that the ring setting is new - it literally looks like Dolly just chopped the ends off the broach & wrapped it around your finger. Beautiful job!

She truly did an amazing job! But I’m still wondering if I should ask to slim down the prongs a tiny bit more, darken the “patina” wash a tiny bit more, and add milgrain…

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't imagine that diamond in a bracelet! So glad you were able to find a replacement and make your new ring though! It looks large and in charge - enjoy!!

Isn’t that wild? Insane how folks had such huge diamonds in bracelets and brooches.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results