shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite and sapphire and zircon (oh my!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s GORGEOUS in it''s new home, congratulations!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, how did I miss this? The tsavorite is beautiful and that setting is gorgeous!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Selkie, your tsav looks just perfect in the setting, and I'll agree your jeweler did an awesome job setting and sizing. I can't believe how well your VC find and your wedding band go together! Must be nice to have some options, eh? What a match
3.gif
2.gif
!

ETA: The scroll engraving on your wedding band still makes my heart flutter
36.gif

luv2cut

Rough_Rock
Hi every-one. My first post on the forum. Sorry, I''m not trying to hijack this thread but I also have a soft spot for Tsavorite Garnets. I''ve only been cutting for a little over a year. This is one of my "brave" attempts. It started out as a 6 mm stone but while cutting the crown, I noticed a small floor right on the girdle
32.gif
. With recutting, my 6 mm (1ct) stone became a 5.3 mm (.6 ct) stone. I was devastated. This is the end product mounted in a little broach which I gave to my mother-in-law.

Picture 014 edited.jpg

Djarum

Rough_Rock
Not to be rude, but where did you get the above setting. I really dig it.

Djarum

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
HI Djarum, are you talking about my ring setting or the brooch that luv2cut posted? That is a beautiful stone, and I like the setting too. Would like to see more of your work, luv3cut.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 11:23:37 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 6/15/2008 4:12:06 PM

Author: Selkie

With my e-ring:

Are they Van Craeynest? (I hope I spelled that right!)

Hi SDL-yes, the tsav is set in a Van Craeynest setting I found on eBay, but my wedding band is Jabel.

luv2cut

Rough_Rock
Hi Selkie. Thanks for the compliment. The broach is actually an 18k cast by a large Australian firm. A beautiful little broach for a generic cast. As for the tsavorite..... it''s amazing what one can find if they really look around. I bought/won on an internet auction site 6 lots of little tsavorite rough parcels (2 stones per parcel with a total weight per parcel of approx 10 ct). Most of it was a little "shattery" and there were veils to watch out for. However at only $10 per parcel, it was well worth the gamble as the colour was awesome. Lo and behold, I not only cut the above stone from that lot but have another 3 potential .5 - 1ct stones yet to cut (rough pieces of approx 3-5 ct so I''m being conservative in my hopes). This one stone more than made the gamble worthwhile let alone the other stones I''m yet to cut.

luv2cut

Rough_Rock
actually, I should clarrify my previous. The auction which I won this tsav rough at was a live auction with an internet feed. Was a little tough bidding "blind" against floor bidders. But still worth the gamble as it''s hard to find "quality" tsavorite rough anywhere. So for me, half the pleasure of this stone was succeeding in it''s sourcing and then the enjoyment of actually cutting it myself.

Djarum

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, I meant the very first filagree setting on the first page, with the diamond.

Thank you.

Djarum

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:47:12 PM
Author: Djarum
I''m sorry, I meant the very first filagree setting on the first page, with the diamond.

Thank you.

Djarum

Ah, I see, I only wish that setting was mine! It''s from the Green Lake Jewelry Works web page and is an example of the type of setting I originally wanted for my tsavorite. They are a custom jewelry shop in Seattle. I had them make a partial eternity band for my mom some time ago.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 1:46:16 AM
Author: luv2cut
actually, I should clarrify my previous. The auction which I won this tsav rough at was a live auction with an internet feed. Was a little tough bidding ''blind'' against floor bidders. But still worth the gamble as it''s hard to find ''quality'' tsavorite rough anywhere. So for me, half the pleasure of this stone was succeeding in it''s sourcing and then the enjoyment of actually cutting it myself.

Very cool. How did you get started cutting? Please feel free to start another thread, if you''d like to show us any of your other stones!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooh Selkie, I missed the tsav setting. But I''m glad I found it now because it is phenomenal!! What a great setting to showcase your green stunner.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:50:24 PM
Author: icekid
ooooh Selkie, I missed the tsav setting. But I''m glad I found it now because it is phenomenal!! What a great setting to showcase your green stunner.
Thanks! I need to find more opportunities to wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results