shape
carat
color
clarity

trying to choose between two diamonds

rhythm

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am new here and have been a 'lurker' recently after discovering this site. Thanks to this community for all of the helpful information so far...and so many great resources on this site to keep looking at.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a half-carat diamond for my wife to upgrade an older ring that she has. After talking a couple of times with some folks at James Allen, there are two that I'm going back and forth between. It sounds like the 'specs' on both indicate that they will look very nice, and the price is pretty close between the two. They do not have Idealscope images for these, but based on the numbers and the videos the folks there feel the both will look really nice in person and they feel it's nearly a toss-up between the two. That said, the diamonds are still different, so I thought I'd post links to each and see if any of you have any comments for me after looking at the two. With my very limited experience they both look nice to me, but I don't feel confident in thinking one is nicer than the other from looking at the videos.

The links are:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.46-carat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1943721

.46 G VVS2, $1390

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.47-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1979343

.47 G VS1, $1440

The GIA reports are available so I'm not posting the numbers here. I'm really just curious to hear if comparing the videos between the two makes anything jump out at you between them.

Feel free to ask me to post more information if I should.

Thank you very much!
Greg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are the same diameter and are both well cut, so I would go for the G VVS2 which costs less than the VS1!

rhythm

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Diamondseeker, I'll probably do that. I just wasn't sure if I should be going on specs alone, but since nobody brought up anything about one of the videos looking better than the other, I think the VVS2 diamond will be the one. Sounds like either way I'm going to be happy!

Thanks,
Greg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results