shape
carat
color
clarity

Trusted Vendors Sticky?

Discussion in 'Pearls' started by iLander, Aug 18, 2014.

1. seaurchin
    Brilliant_Rock

by seaurchin » Oct 8, 2016
    Hi Jen. I don't think what you linked to belongs on the "trusted pearl vendor" list because it doesn't appear they specialize in pearls. Also, the ring you linked to, with a freshwater mabe pearl and not precious metal, seems closer to costume/craft jewelry than fine pearl jewelry.

However, both the ring and the shop/s look adorable so that certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't get it or wouldn't enjoy it. Maybe you could google the company name and see if it's listed (for good or for bad) on any review sites. And/or if there's anything less expensive that you want, try buying that first to limit your loss if you're unsure about them. Good luck with it and please post a picture if you get it!

2. NacreLover
    Brilliant_Rock

by NacreLover » Jan 12, 2017
    Perlas del Mar de Cortez
    Sea of Cortez pearl farm in Guaymas, Mexico

_38869.jpg

Arkteia likes this.
  3. pregcurious
    Ideal_Rock

by pregcurious » Feb 18, 2017
    Thanks for the review. You saved me money.

4. babs23r
    Brilliant_Rock

by babs23r » Oct 30, 2017
    :appl:I had a wonderful experience with The Pearl Source. I purchased freshwater pearl necklaces for the bridesmaids at my daughters wedding. The pearls had a great luster, were perfectly matched, and came in a beautiful box. They were also reasonably priced.

5. collier
    Rough_Rock

6. katbran
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by katbran » Dec 29, 2017
    collier - I'm not familiar with them but then there are only a couple of people on eBay that I would trust. Apparently there has been questionable silver content in some of the Chinese Sterling and the same with Gold ... obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but it is an issue. Frankly if you are looking at buying high end pearls , South Sea or Tahitians then I would look elsewhere. The prices are very retail and I'd rather be sure of the people I'm dealing with.. they also are listing Freshwater Ripple pearls as Kasumi. Kasumi are from Japan and are extremely expensive as they are rare. If you find one for under 100$ then it's not Kasumi. Stick with the recommended vendors

cmd2014 likes this.
  7. collier
    Rough_Rock

by collier » Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks for your honest reply, I've been watching a pair of drop shaped undrilled tahitians, but was concerned about the vendor.