shape
carat
color
clarity

TRUMP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
But, supposedly Costner spent $330K for the antique ring. Whereas Russel Crowe reportedly spent $100K for the big Cartier ring he gave to Ms. Spencer. So in Hollywood, size matters more than price tag?!

Nobody should really care about the nonsense coming out of the plastic Rivers anyway.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In what manner do you think the big D proposed to his dark hair beauty? And her reply?
My guess is, it went something like this:

(D) Do you think you can take the pressure of being in the spotlight, standing beside me and behaving like a leader in wifedom? Do you want me as a husband?

(Girlfriend): Hmmm, I know I can handle it, soooooooo...................

OK OK guys there is the rest........................

Wait for it.........................................

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Sorry,
rolleyes.gif
but I thought someone would, at least, make some reference to the same since it might be that Bravado and recent surge in popularity that may have given D the impetus to pop the big question....and if all else (rationale) fails, it is Friday
saint.gif

hheehhheeehheeeeeeee

slb

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/29/2004 8:03:42 PM sevens one wrote:

I thought it looked like a pear too. Angie Harmon has a beautiful round ering. It's huge. She wears it well with a nice eternity band. ....Boy, I have no life.
Nan----------------

I wouldn't say that, I notice those things too!
1.gif

I agree Angie has beautiful rings, I'm planning to get an eternity band with my round solitaire also.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Let me just say in Joan Rivers' defense: That used to be part of her stand-up schtick(spelling?) She would talk about people's rings. She once told an audience member that their ring looked like a piece of sh@! in four prongs!
Nan

lislaz

Rough_Rock
I wish the pic was at a different angle to see the ring. Thanks for the link. But really, my first thought when I clicked on that pic....ow, that dress must hurt!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, maybe it's me. While I don't find him physically attractive, I do find his success & drive sexy.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Nan

*chuckle* to be perfectly honest, I dislike Joan Rivers. She is unbearably cruel to people, and I cannot stand cruelty. There is humor, and then there is a streak of meaness as wide as a river. She has that streak, and Don Rickles has that streak.

I tend to ignore anything she says, because I'm never sure it's coming out of her mouth, or her navel!

win

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Funny... in that picture of her ring, it doesn't seem to be reflecting back a whole lotta light?!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My guess is that:

a) emerald cuts are NOT rounds, they are best when looking deep and lovely, and do not reflect a whole lot of light fro the sides usually...Head on, I am sure though it would look at lot sparklier and clearer... OR

b) maybe Mr. Graff cuts his stones deep to make them nice and heavy, considering that a rough at that weight and clarity level will most likely be cut for weight (more per carat at that high level is A LOT!) and so they are not efficiently cutting to AGA standards, as they would lose a lot of money in the lost carat weight. We all know sadly that some ridicualously wealthy people like CARAT and know little about cut... so a premium 1A or 1B cut on a 12 carat emerald would be MUCHO more, and The Donald may just want something "BIG and pretty".

F&I, sadly, with that hair, that seems to be all that Donald has going for him!
11.gif

Hey whoever finds Donald's hair sexy, raise your 12ct ring!
wavey.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I'm joining this one pretty late, but I just wondered does anyone else find it tacky that *D* has now bought an emerald cut diamond for his last 2 finances? I wonder if wife #1 had an emerald cut as well? Personally, I think such a smart man would be a little more creative. Maybe he is really into emerald cuts, but I would NOT want my new ring to look anything like the last wife's!
nono.gif

I'll give the guy some credit. He's obviously a great businessman, very intelligent, and probably would be interesting to talk to, but that hair . . . . . . looks like something the cat coughed up.
sick.gif

DiamondLil

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to large stone above 7cts, I tend to think that emerald cuts are the most tasteful, and the most popular. Why? Because a pear can be lovely, but too BIG at that carat weight to look wearable. A marquis, same...a fatter oval could be done, but somehow it just doesn't seem too popular in that carat weight as much as emeralds are...

I think smaller stones (6cts and under allow for more doable shapes, and even Radiants would be popular in 6ct+, like the emerald is...)

Poor Donald. I guess he thought maybe no one would notice the combover...?
nono.gif
11.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG- I love Joan. A guilty pleasure. And HOW the heck could Kevin Costner's ring be over 300000? It looks like less than a 1/2 carat.. As for trump- a big ring is just expected. Ridiculous. But expected. I was close with my original guess of a 10 carat emerald!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
moremoremore, "Can we talk?"
9.gif
I actually used to own J.Rivers live in concert on a record. Does anyone remember records? I used to listen to that over and over again.
naughty.gif

Nan

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Guys
wavey.gif
I found a better picture of the ring
22.gif
love.gif
22.gif
I tried to post the pic without any luck, so maybe one of you can...here's the link http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2004/04/30/donaldtrump/
9.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Let's see if I can get it to work:

trump-dop2a.jpg

AllThatSparkles

Rough_Rock
It's the exact same picture I posted the link for
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I especially like Melania's boob hangining out from the bottom part of dress bodice! LOL .... Yeah, that an emerald baby!
1.gif

lislaz

Rough_Rock
US magazine has a good picture of the ring -- page 72. It has trapezoid diamonds flanking the emerald cut.

It's the issue with the Teen stars (of the moment).

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
The new people magazine that came out this week has a close up of it. It really doesn't look very sparkly at all.

I couldn't find it on People.com, but I definitely saw it in the magazine. And yes...I am a subscriber. Its my one guilty pleasure. Tee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results