shape
carat
color
clarity

TRUMP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My guess is because getting a round stone in super star sizes is ridiculous, and less obvious. Sizes such as those really bring out the best in some shaped stones.

Plus, I assume that a shaped stone came from a large piece of rough, which ar hardly ever shaped for ROUND stones, so they are usually made into Pears, Ovals, Emeralds, Radiants, Marquis, to retain the size and carat weight from the rough. Round stones cut usually have the largest rough loss...

I would have rathered a nice hefty PINK radiant...
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

lislaz

Rough_Rock
Saw this on eonline.com...

quote: Knauss was subsequently spotted sporting a blinding engagement bauble Monday, described as a "flawless" 12-carat diamond ring from the House of Graff. (J.Lo's pink rock was a puny 6 carats by comparison.)

No pics. Oh well..
2.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm,,interesting. Upon maginification of the ring in question I am saying a Pear Shape. Looks like his is rounded at the top and comes to a point.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
A 12ct pear? Imagined getting slapped in the face with that? The Donald better be on his best behavoir.
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
If you ask me, there's a point where diamonds look absurd on the hand. Maybe it's me, but 12 carats sound far too large to sport on a finger.

A pendant, yes, but a tiny little finger?

win

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I thought it looked like a pear too. Angie Harmon has a beautiful round ering. It's huge. She wears it well with a nice eternity band. ....Boy, I have no life.
Nan

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hello all -
Just had to jump in here...all his $ and the ring for the former Mrs. was a G/SI1 - I think it goes to show, even w/ all that money and knowing he could buy anything he (she) wanted, the best 'bang for the Donald's buck'
11.gif
was a G/SI1.

Hey Win -
I totally agree w/ you. At some point the size make the reactions go from "WOW - look at that" to "Gimmie a break - they obviously have something to prove to someone that cares". I thing a stone can be too big. Sure we all would love to gaze at it, loupe it and make is shimmer in the sunlight, but I would get sick of people saying..."Is that real"..."yeah right - that's about as real as her... er ...um... 'additions'".

It's not jealousy - it's just my opinion
Icelovr

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/29/2004 1:43:44 PM sevens one wrote:

I don't know why The Donald can't just post the pics here on PS. How rude.
----------------

Hysterical!
3.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I heard on TV it is indeed from the House of Graff, and it is a flawless 12 ct emerald cut solitare. yum yum!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
opps...sorry for the double post.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh I was close!!
2.gif

I personally love the square and asscher and radiant type stones in those huge over-the-top sizes. Too bad this wasn't an asscher! YUMMY. Or even better, something really funky like a YELLOW diamond asscher. Haha...why stop at clear?

If was a star and was going huge and gaudy, I'd do something like a 10c yellow diamond in something like a great radiant cut, with 2 traps on the side. Like what ice.com has! YUM!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I heard it was an emerald.

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Yuck... no offense to anyone who finds him attractive, but no amount of money & diamonds can persuade me to sleep with him!!
sick.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone else find the way he talks repulsive? The lip curl makes it look like he's drooling all the time. Ewwwww.....Ha ha.

I would have to agree, don't think I could even pretend to be interested in him (as a person). What you you even talk about with him except his money?

I heard that he keeps his hair like that b/c its kind of like a good luck charm. He's had that haircut for years and it has worked for him...he's made millions. So, my question is: At what point do you say, "I have enough money, I need a haircut?"

-Sarah

lislaz

Rough_Rock
New York Post:

April 30, 2004 -- Donald Trump proposed to his girlfriend, Melania Knauss, and blinded her at the same time - with a flawless, 12-carat diamond ring worth a staggering $2 million.

The classic, emerald-cut sparkler, featuring tapered diamond baguettes on the side and set in platinum, flabbergasted the brown-eyed stunner - and she immediately said yes.

...and still no pics?? Ugh.
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Yeah baby! Well, I was off on the VS2, but dead on about size, and shape...
9.gif
but I wonder the color...
confused.gif
D? F?

Ironically, I remember reading that Ivana's second marraige yielded her a ring (with a Kashmir sapphire) from Graff as well...Looks like shopping for big baubles seems to overlap designers...

How cute, now her and Ivana have things to chat over, like "Hey my ring is from Graff TOOO!" or "Hey his hair scares me TOOO!". Ok, imagine being in bed with that hair all flopping around...eeewwww!!!
14.gif

Ok, sorry, bad me!
11.gif

lislaz

Rough_Rock
9.gif
Nicrez, you crack me up!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Nic, You may still be right on about the clarity... the journalist who wrote the article may not have been using the term flawless in it's technical usage.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I heard that he doesn't even pay (the full price) for these jewels. Probably some business deal. I'm sure the jeweler can expect some nice business after it's announced that they are the producers of The Donald's latest chickie's rock. (did that make any sense?)
Anyhow, what famous person actually pays for anything these days?
9.gif
naughty.gif

Nan

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
There's the injustice in the world! (Ok well maybe genocide and famine are up there too, sheesh!)

The people who can afford to buy all this stuff wind up getting it for free so they can convince the rest of the public to go into debt buying it at inflated prices!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/30/2004 10:03:33 AM fleece wrote:

April 30, 2004 -- Donald Trump proposed to his girlfriend, Melania Knauss, and blinded her at the same time - with a flawless, 12-carat diamond ring worth a staggering $2 million.

----------------

the donald got ripped. this 22 ct d-flawless emerald:

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/search/LOTDETAIL.ASP?sid=&intObjectID=4267021

just sold at auction in hong kong for the equivalent of just over usd$1 million.

so he paid well over a million bucks for the setting and being able to say "it's from house of graff." guess he can afford it, though.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Hey no pictures though! What's up with that?

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm.....okay is it just me or is that a really big, diamond....perhaps to big! I like to wear mine all day....and at night when I sleep.....isn't a big honker like that uncomfortable?

Maybe Im biased because I have really thin fingers...whenever I've tried big diamonds they haven't looked very good on me!
8.gif

Anyway...it seems like Trump bought the ring...to really live up to his public image!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, CaptAubrey did they say where the object ended up? Any mention on the sale, or just grapewine...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, when he is as wealthy and as notable and well publicized as HE is, he HAS to keep up with the proverbial Joneses... (J-Lo, Kobe, Beckham, etc)

Imagine if he got her a tasteful D, IF 3-4 ct stone. How many of us would call him cheap for doing that? (A la Kevin Costner...?)

Sadly, even having money costs money, but usually, as we can see with his good gimmicks and walking billboards he uses (his fiance), money tends to just make more money...
9.gif

Frankly, he didn't get to be rich by being a stupid, thoughtless spendthirft, so I applaud the guy! (though, he should have gotten it online, and saved a few $$$!)
9.gif
naughty.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/30/2004 4:51:45 PM valeria101 wrote:

Yay, CaptAubrey did they say where the object ended up? Any mention on the sale, or just grapewine...

----------------

a private collector. of course, that's what they always say.

to stir the pot a bit further, did anyone notice where the donald didn't go shopping? he has all the money in the world, yet he actually chose to go somewhere besides... gasp... tiffany?

12.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Although you would think that someone who is known for making billions of dollars knows how and where to spend money WISELY.

Is someone who is SO powerful also that insecure that he feels he has to live up to the public persona and buy a 12ct diamond?

If you were investing in a restaurant, lets say, and you could give you money to either a well dressed, business school educated, modest professional with a good profitable track record...

OR someone with the same qualifications, but wears enough Mr. T jewelry he can hardly move just b/c he can?

(Don't hate... I love Mr. T!)

I like the fact that Kostner didn't buy into the Hollywood rat-race (this is the first I heard the story). I'd like to think that if I won the $200 million dollar lottery tomorrow, except for a few frivolities, I'd pretty much continue to live like I do now.

Only, I wouldn't work... stay heavily invested... live off the dividends, and travel... A LOT. Why do people with money have to show everyone how much money they have? Can we say MC Hammer?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/30/2004 5:10:49 PM CaptAubrey wrote:

he has all the money in the world, yet he actually chose to go somewhere besides... gasp... tiffany?
12.gif

----------------

Actually, Tiffany is often mentioned as the one top brand that got the worst name for itself by getting low-cost (they call it "entry") products on their line. No surprise...

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG... I did a search for Kevin Costner and engagement ring and this is one thing I found.

Joan Rivers should be shot... for numerous reasons.

---------------------------------
Costner's diamond dissed

In what should have been an ooh-aah red carpet moment, E!'s Joan Rivers blasted Kevin Costner's cheap choice of bling-bling. Seeing the diamond engagement ring the star gave fiancée Christine Baumgartner, Rivers railed: "Oh, you are a fool! It should be four times this size!" Costner, chuckling, muttered something about consulting his lawyers. Minutes later, Rivers demanded to see the rock on Brittany Murphy's hand, given to her by talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz, and proclaimed that it was "what Kevin Costner's fiancée should have had!"

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that awards show when Joan Rivers talked with Kevin and his chick on the red carpet. When she asked to see her ring, I would have thought she would have at least said, "oh how pretty," nice, etc...but no
nono.gif
, she just commented on how small it was
6.gif
! I about died just watching it
14.gif
I wanted to crawl under the red carpet for the poor girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results