shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enough voters voted for him to make him President. His demeanor did not matter as much as other issues to them. Not much more I can say. If people keep up the outrage he may very well be elected again because people care what he does not what he says. If the economy is good it will be even more likely.

So people were tired of being called racists, and they elected a racist because he represents their interests and they’re okay with racism, and if we don’t want Trump re-elected then maybe SJWs could try not being outraged and driving the racists to the polls.

Sure, makes sense.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So people were tired of being called racists, and they elected a racist because he represents their interests and they’re okay with racism, and if we don’t want Trump re-elected then maybe SJWs could try not being outraged and driving the racists to the polls.

Sure, makes sense.
I said "part of the reason" but that seems to escape you because you want continue to do whatever it is you are doing.

The electorate that elected Obama twice (much to my chagrin :))) is the same electorate that elected Trump. That says quite a bit more about Clinton than it does Trump. The core Trump supporters are not that large of a group.

And if you think everyone who voted for Trump is racist, you have a sad opinion of your fellow Americans.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said "part of the reason" but that seems to escape you because you want continue to do whatever it is you are doing.

The electorate that elected Obama twice (much to my chagrin :))) is the same electorate that elected Trump. That says quite a bit more about Clinton than it does Trump. The core Trump supporters are not that large of a group.

And if you think everyone who voted for Trump is racist, you have a sad opinion of your fellow Americans.

Clinton won the Popular Vote. Trump bought the Electoral College that ultimately won him the election, and put him in office.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clinton won the Popular Vote. Trump bought the Electoral College that ultimately won him the election, and put him in office.
The popular vote doesn't mean a thing in a constitutional republic of states. Thank goodness we don't have mob rule. ;)) Not sure how Trump bought anything, he spent hardly any campaign funds compared to Clinton and many R elected officials hated him.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Let me break it down.

Is it that difficult to understand what I said? Let me spell it out for you. Your dressing down of me with your virtue. Remember half of the country (per CNN) does not think he is racist and those are the ones that voted for him.

Translation: some people voted for Trump because they're tired of being called racists.

Enough voters voted for him to make him President. His demeanor did not matter as much as other issues to them. Not much more I can say. If people keep up the outrage he may very well be elected again because people care what he does not what he says. If the economy is good it will be even more likely.

Translation: voting for a racist doesn't make someone a racist! They liked his platform. The racism is incidental. Oh, and if people continue being outraged by racism then that'll probably get him re-elected again.

And, the final icing on the cake:

Translation: voting for a black man (twice!) means you're not a racist. That many good people can't be racists!

I'll go back to what I said before: ignoring Trump’s racism and refusing to acknowledge it reflects a degree of privilege, and anyone who chooses this path is complicit in the immeasurable harm it causes. If a voter likes the things Trump says, he's probably a racist. If he disagrees with the racist parts, but is still willing to support Trump's policies, then either that person isn't honest with himself about his racist inclinations, or he really just doesn't care about civil liberties and equality for all as long as his own bottom line keeps growing, and/or he gets to see his religious beliefs imposed on everyone.

As for what I'm doing, I told my husband I'm this close to being the first person to change someone's political views on the internet. :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The popular vote doesn't mean a thing in a constitutional republic of states. Thank goodness we don't have mob rule.
Bahhahhhhahhhhaaaaa. I love your sense of humor Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 4.40.44 PM.png You were being sarcastic right? Because it sure seems as though trump & his trumpeters are governing by mob rule.

I thought this historical overview of past electoral college wins was interesting. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...des-are-easier-to-win-than-popular-vote-ones/

This article was illuminating to me also https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/how-fair-is-the-electoral-college/

Maybe we need to change the system to keep only the 3 guaranteed votes for each state and those votes go to whomever wins the popular vote in that state. It may not significantly impact who gets elected but it would eliminate over- and underrepresentation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling Trump a racist will not get the job done. The Ds must nominate a good candidate who can beat Trump.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disagreeing is perfectly fine. Your opinion of me makes no difference but I do know that your last paragraph is part of the reason Trump is president. People I know are very tired of the SJW virtue signaling. You don't know me from Adam.

This is the first posting that uses "SJW" in this thread (I think). What does it mean? I have been laboring over it as I read the thread from here on. Single Jewish Woman? Straight Jesuit Widow? I really cannot guess.

Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it strange that "social justice warrior" is used as a put-down, as though advocating for equitable treatment and civil rights is really so unreasonable. Throw in "virtue signaling," and the insult basically amounts to "you think you're so much better than me but you're just doing it for show!"

My thoughts exactly. I'm always amused when SJW is used as an insult/put down. Am I supposed to feel bad for wanting equal treatment/rights for people? Sorry, not sorry.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts exactly. I'm always amused when SJW is used as an insult/put down. Am I supposed to feel bad for wanting equal treatment/rights for people? Sorry, not sorry.

I think there are definitely people who profess support for progressive ideals because they think it makes them sound good. It's probably also easier for Trump supporters who are in denial about their racism to tell themselves they're good people if they can deride anyone who shines a light on it as crazy social justice warriors. The same could be said for Trump supporters who aren't racist, but are selfish enough to overlook Trump's racist words and deeds.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There you go again. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of you not only knew what SJW meant, but knew why it was used, who used it, and could guess at their psychological reasons for doing so! Boy am I ever out of the loop! It's a good thing I come here! Thank you!

Deb ;))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bahhahhhhahhhhaaaaa. I love your sense of humor Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 4.40.44 PM.png You were being sarcastic right? Because it sure seems as though trump & his trumpeters are governing by mob rule.

I thought this historical overview of past electoral college wins was interesting. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...des-are-easier-to-win-than-popular-vote-ones/

This article was illuminating to me also https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/how-fair-is-the-electoral-college/

Maybe we need to change the system to keep only the 3 guaranteed votes for each state and those votes go to whomever wins the popular vote in that state. It may not significantly impact who gets elected but it would eliminate over- and underrepresentation.
Thanks for the links. We have discussed this before and you know how I feel. On a mini vacation right now and I suck at typing long writings on my phone. Out looking for property in the woods to run away. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me break it down.

Translation: some people voted for Trump because they're tired of being called racists.

Translation: voting for a racist doesn't make someone a racist! They liked his platform. The racism is incidental. Oh, and if people continue being outraged by racism then that'll probably get him re-elected again.

And, the final icing on the cake:

Translation: voting for a black man (twice!) means you're not a racist. That many good people can't be racists!

I'll go back to what I said before: ignoring Trump’s racism and refusing to acknowledge it reflects a degree of privilege, and anyone who chooses this path is complicit in the immeasurable harm it causes. If a voter likes the things Trump says, he's probably a racist. If he disagrees with the racist parts, but is still willing to support Trump's policies, then either that person isn't honest with himself about his racist inclinations, or he really just doesn't care about civil liberties and equality for all as long as his own bottom line keeps growing, and/or he gets to see his religious beliefs imposed on everyone.

As for what I'm doing, I told my husband I'm this close to being the first person to change someone's political views on the internet. :lol:
MY comment about the election of Obama had nothing to do with his race but you choose to see it that way. Yes people either liked Trump's platform or hated her and her's more. But please continue with the racism rant if you like.

And who's views are you changing? Certainly not mine because if comments like yours are representative of your party I will choose no party first.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And who's views are you changing? Certainly not mine because if comments like yours are representative of your party I will choose no party first.

That was a JOKE. :roll2:

It’s obvious that you will never acknowledge that Trump is a racist, and that by extension his supporters are either racists themselves, or willing to overlook racism when it benefits them. I could see why it’s easier to dismiss the racism instead of acknowledging it. You’ve alluded to knowing people who fall into those camps and I understand it can’t be easy seeing that side of people you likely care about.

It’s been a fascinating look into that thought process, and I apologize for triggering you.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
"Yes people either liked Trump's platform or hated her and her's more. But please continue with the racism rant if you like."

That's about the size of it. Of all the people I know who voted for Trump, only 2 liked him. The rest disliked Clinton more because they just don't trust her and many of the women hate her for not kicking Bill to the curb for cheating on her over and over. They wanted a strong liberated woman in the White House and not an enabler/codependent. They believe she's free to live her life anyway she wants, but that she's not the person who should be President.
So, in many cases, they voted twice for an African-American but wouldn't vote for Clinton... and now they get lumped in with the racists.

I don't think Trump will ever learn to use the politically correct buzzwords and participate in the social justice warriors' group think.

John

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Yes people either liked Trump's platform or hated her and her's more. But please continue with the racism rant if you like."

That's about the size of it. Of all the people I know who voted for Trump, only 2 liked him. The rest disliked Clinton more because they just don't trust her and many of the women hate her for not kicking Bill to the curb for cheating on her over and over. They wanted a strong liberated woman in the White House and not an enabler/codependent. They believe she's free to live her life anyway she wants, but that she's not the person who should be President.
So, in many cases, they voted twice for an African-American but wouldn't vote for Clinton... and now they get lumped in with the racists.

I don't think Trump will ever learn to use the politically correct buzzwords and participate in the social justice warriors' group think.

John

Do you honestly think---even now---that HRC and Trump are even on the same planet in terms of awful? And is it not really depressing that women you know "hate her for not kicking Bill to the curb", but somehow thought it was fine that Trump bragged about "grabbing them by the pussy"??? Because that is some as* backward reasoning.

These people are getting "lumped in with racists" because they are supporting a racist. It's not that complicated. And the fact that you think what Trump does is, "not using politically correct buzzwords and participate in the social justice warriors' group think" tells me everything I need to know.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing to me that people think others need to justify their choices to anyone. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works, to quote my favorite commercial.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing to me that people think others need to justify their choices to anyone
When it comes to choices such as elections whereby the elected make policy that affects everyone, then I think it not inappropriate to discuss choices and their effects. Definition of justify is "to show or prove to be right or reasonable." I don't think that's asking too much.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to choices such as elections whereby the elected make policy that affects everyone, then I think it not inappropriate to discuss choices and their effects. Definition of justify is "to show or prove to be right or reasonable." I don't think that's asking too much.
Discussion is perfectly alright but to the point of having to prove something to someone else, that's not a requirement nor should it be. It is asking too much IMO. Your choices are your own and who am I to comment on them? Unless it is to judge, which is no right of mine, or yours.

Besides, who decides what is right or reasonable?

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those who judge can always justify it to themselves.

Here's the deal. If you insist on posting things like:
  • It's ridiculous for our allies to protest Trump
  • It's wrong to deny service to someone who lies to the American people on behalf of a despicable President
  • All politicians use families of people who suffered tragedies as props (What? That makes it ok for Trump to do it?)
  • It's "histrionics" to be disgusted by Melania wearing a jacket that reads "I don't care" to visit detained immigrants
Then yes, you will be met with judgment. As you seem fond of saying, these are your opinions, and people are free to do as they please, so don't be surprised or upset when you hear what people think of your opinions.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not upset, or surprised, in the least. You seem the one upset. People are free to do as they please, as am I. It is a wonderful country where we can say and think what we like. Have a wonderful day! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results