shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope things with your daughter get easier Deb. You have had quite a lot to deal with the past few years. I think often when people are going thru emotional issues they don’t realize how easily it can take a toll. Do things that make YOU happy when your daughter is with her dad. If you are already feeling stressed, try to stay away from the news. Nothing Trump does will make you feel better.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope things with your daughter get easier Deb. You have had quite a lot to deal with the past few years. I think often when people are going thru emotional issues they don’t realize how easily it can take a toll. Do things that make YOU happy when your daughter is with her dad. If you are already feeling stressed, try to stay away from the news. Nothing Trump does will make you feel better.

I am sure you are right about that, Miss Callie! :))

Deb :wavey:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I feel I must respond to all the compassionate comments I have read. I know people mean well for me, but there is a reason I don't like posting about serious matters in my life. These events are much more complicated than surface replies can deal, with. My response was to, Deb, just so she knew that someone understood her true pain. Its not a broken leg that can be fixed, but has basically no cure, which is what we all dream of.(the cure)

Part, Gypsy, I think you are my Chicago green parrot buddie--. I'm maybe worse than your mom. I give you some details-- son 59-- just diagnosed about 2yrs ago-- mother me-going to be 79 this month.
I wish I had known many yrs ago things were so serious. But, like your brother, My son can't see how he can succeed. His IQ is 140, so I had high hopes. But you are right the stories are similar. But I can't change the past, can't change him, which I certainly did try to do, so when I say I want peace for the end of my life, I mean it. You are a good girl to look out after some stranger, and I appreciate that a lot. But there is so much more to the story than I want to relate. He has been a kind soul in his life, but now I just scream and scream at him. Not nice. We shall see. Thank You.

I hope your life is more settled now. Divorce is hard too. I regard these things as tough to deal with. Take care of your kiddies(children).

Annette

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same thoughts after reading about Poland’s Supreme Court tonight Matata.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like trump will need to find someone else to steal Taxpayer money and destroy the environment.

I am assuming that he will find a worse swamp creature soon enough. Just when we think trump is at a bottom of a barrel, he finds a more toxic barrel to make things worse. It is one of the few things trump is good at. Ruining lives and making a bad situtation worse.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like trump will need to find someone else to steal Taxpayer money and destroy the environment.

But we have been telling him for months and months that he can easily find one to do that who is not as crooked as Pruitt and he refused to listen! ANYONE he could find-even in a maximum security prison-would be less crooked than Pruitt. Don't worry about his being able to find a Republican who is willing to screw the environment and the American people to reward big business. I think that having that attitude is a requirement for belonging to the new Republican party under Trump.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is still praising Pruitt calling him outstanding and terrific. Can hardly wait to hear who the next swamp creature to head the EPA is. Why on earth would anyone feel clear air and water are important. :angryfire:

Now the Trump administration is stating that close to 3,000 children are still separated from their parents. A reporter who is in the White House daily says that reuniting these children with their parents isn’t a priority with this administration. How do these people look at themselves in mirror?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do these people look at themselves in mirror?

How do we let them? This is our country. I had given money, more and more of it since Trump was elected, but not put my body on the line since the Vietnam era. The June 30 2018 rally was, I believe, the first rally I attended in person in about 30 years. Maybe more. I used to go practically daily when I was in my twenties. I think I have to go back out. And then there are the calls and e-mails to representatives and other suggested actions. (One tip I heard at my rally: call your senators and congressman at least weekly even though yours may support you 100%. They log phone calls. They need to say they heard from you to bolster their good positions. They want you to call to support their good positions.)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I caught the tail end of this story yesterday and thought I had missed a major part of the story. Apparently I heard most of the story correctly after reading the link. Back when there were “real” republicans (ones with values and morals) serving our country was considered an honorable thing to do,

So who wants to take bets that once he has them discharged they will work to have them deported.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s their opinion. Literally, both of those are editorials.

But, since I’m consistently fond of arguments based on fact, and not only when it confirms my bias, I’ll concede that the problem likely started with a bureaucratic backlog. The fact that it’s been allowed to continue in times when the armed forces can’t recruit fast enough, however, makes me more inclined to share the opinion of the program’s founder.

From the failing NYT:
“There’s no explanation for this except xenophobia,” said Margaret D. Stock, a retired Army Reserve lieutenant colonel and immigration lawyer who helped create the program. Known as the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest or Mavni, the program, created during the George W. Bush administration, allows legal, nonpermanent resident immigrants to join the military and get fast track citizenship.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s their opinion. Literally, both of those are editorials.

But, since I’m consistently fond of arguments based on fact, and not only when it confirms my bias, I’ll concede that the problem likely started with a bureaucratic backlog. The fact that it’s been allowed to continue in times when the armed forces can’t recruit fast enough, however, makes me more inclined to share the opinion of the program’s founder.

From the failing NYT:

And that would be fine if it did not muck things up and slow the process down by including DACA recipients. Part of the problem as shown by the MAVNI creator is that the program was not meant for people who did not already go through the vetting process. When the Pentagon started extreme vetting in September of 2016 this created the backlog. Which has nothing to do with Trump. The articles I have been reading state none of these facts.

All of the information is important in order to be fully informed. Most of the articles are making this a Trump racist issue and that is not the case.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that would be fine if it did not muck things up and slow the process down by including DACA recipients. Part of the problem as shown by the MAVNI creator is that the program was not meant for people who did not already go through the vetting process. When the Pentagon started extreme vetting in September of 2016 this created the backlog. Which has nothing to do with Trump. The articles I have been reading state none of these facts.

All of the information is important in order to be fully informed. Most of the articles are making this a Trump racist issue and that is not the case.

If we’re concerned about taking all the information to stay fully informed, what about all the other times Trump was covertly or overtly racist? In your opinion:
  • Are both sides really to blame for Charlottesville?
  • Is Mexico is literally sending “criminals, drug dealers, rapists”?
  • Are Haiti and other African nations “shithole countries”?
  • Do Haitians all have AIDS?
  • Should we have kept the Central Park Five behind bars regardless of the fact that a court of law overturned their conviction?
Let me know how many more examples of Trump’s racist comments are needed before there’s enough information to call a spade a spade.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trumps words and actions have shown anyone who has been paying attention that he is a racist. Good grief. Anyone with half a brain knew he was a racist while he was campaigning.

@JPie , If you start listing all of Trumps racist comments and actions, you will be here all day. I love your posts!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we’re concerned about taking all the information to stay fully informed, what about all the other times Trump was covertly or overtly racist? In your opinion:
  • Are both sides really to blame for Charlottesville?
  • Is Mexico is literally sending “criminals, drug dealers, rapists”?
  • Are Haiti and other African nations “shithole countries”?
  • Do Haitians all have AIDS?
  • Should we have kept the Central Park Five behind bars regardless of the fact that a court of law overturned their conviction?
Let me know how many more examples of Trump’s racist comments are needed before there’s enough information to call a spade a spade.

Ah changing the subject. I am not here to defend Trump but I will provide additional information when that seems to be lacking in some things people post. The left has used the racism charge for every thing they don't agree with so that it no longer has the original meaning intended. Nor will people like me listen to you when you use it.

The issue we were discussing had nothing to do with Trump and that was my point.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left has used the racism charge for every thing they don't agree with so that it no longer has the original meaning intended. Nor will people like me listen to you when you use it.

The issue we were discussing had nothing to do with Trump and that was my point.

Racism isn't just "used" when we don't agree with people. Trump is racist, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with stuff we don't like, it's just reality.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah changing the subject. I am not here to defend Trump but I will provide additional information when that seems to be lacking in some things people post. The left has used the racism charge for every thing they don't agree with so that it no longer has the original meaning intended. Nor will people like me listen to you when you use it.

You stated that the recent military dischargements were not about “Trump racist” issue. I strongly disagree; Trump is literally Commander-in-Chief and a racist. The point of my post was that regardless of the editorials you posted, there is ample reason to suspect that the dischargements were tainted by xenophobic attitudes straight from the top.

What makes me really sad is knowing you’re not alone in refusing to engage in any conversations about racism. More specifically, ignoring Trump’s racism and refusing to acknowledge it reflects a degree of privilege, and anyone who chooses this path is complicit in the immeasurable harm it causes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You stated that the recent military dischargements were not about “Trump racist” issue. I strongly disagree; Trump is literally Commander-in-Chief and a racist. The point of my post was that regardless of the editorials you posted, there is ample reason to suspect that the dischargements were tainted by xenophobic attitudes straight from the top.

What makes me really sad is knowing you’re not alone in refusing to engage in any conversations about racism. More specifically, ignoring Trump’s racism and refusing to acknowledge it reflects a degree of privilege, and anyone who chooses this path is complicit in the immeasurable harm it causes.

Disagreeing is perfectly fine. Your opinion of me makes no difference but I do know that your last paragraph is part of the reason Trump is president. People I know are very tired of the SJW virtue signaling. You don't know me from Adam.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trumps words and actions have shown anyone who has been paying attention that he is a racist. Good grief. Anyone with half a brain knew he was a racist while he was campaigning.

@JPie , If you start listing all of Trumps racist comments and actions, you will be here all day. I love your posts!
Does offering 1.8 mill DACA a path towards citizenship sound racist to you...how many of these 1.8 mill are white?, but of course the Dems. refused the deal to make this their talking point for the midterm election.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His supporters were tired of being called racists so they disproved it by electing a racist?
Is it that difficult to understand what I said? Let me spell it out for you. Your dressing down of me with your virtue. Remember half of the country (per CNN) does not think he is racist and those are the ones that voted for him.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it that difficult to understand what I said? Let me spell it out for you. Your dressing down of me with your virtue. Remember half of the country (per CNN) does not think he is racist and those are the ones that voted for him.

So half the country voted for a racist because they’re tired of being called racists, and they can’t see a racist right in front of them on the world stage?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So half the country voted for a racist because they’re tired of being called racists, and they can’t see a racist right in front of them on the world stage?
Enough voters voted for him to make him President. His demeanor did not matter as much as other issues to them. Not much more I can say. If people keep up the outrage he may very well be elected again because people care what he does not what he says. If the economy is good it will be even more likely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results