shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
tc, hang on there. Never said I don't want an investigation. I'm saying follow the process. If something is found, call a grand jury and etc.

What process do you want to follow, @AnnaH? The partisan underfunded under-resourced investigation going on in the House and Senate? Or the one by the FBI whose Director was just fired by the guy whose close associates are under investigation (and under grand jury subpoena) and who could conceivably be a target of the same investigation?

A foreign power diddled around with our election! I don't care how much of a Republican you are, as an American you should be offended and alarmed, and you should want your representatives to encourage scrutiny into this instead of preventing/obstructing an independent investigation.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left wants it so badly to be about Trump firing Comey to cover up something that there is after all this time still no evidence of. Clapper and Yates just said so again this week. Perhaps if they keep all this swirling until 2018 they think it helps them. Keep Trump from doing anything he campaigned on is the dems plan. Keep the swirl going. Trump doesn't help himself for sure because he is still a booby in what comes out of his mouth.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was that Clapper said he had no evidence but clarified that if there was evidence, it would be classified and he wouldn't have seen it. And Yates said she couldn't discuss classifed information.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
tc, you seem to think the process worked okay for Benghazi and other left scandals. Why not for Trump?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tc, you seem to think the process worked okay for Benghazi and other left scandals. Why not for Trump?
Actually AnnaH IIRC there was much complaining about those investigations dragging out and all of it was bunk according to the left. Russian involvement has been under investigation since before last summer. Let's get it over with already.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I cannot believe you think "Benghazi" was comparable to the Russians taking over the government of the United States. In fact, I don't believe you think that. But I do believe you are willing to set that up as a straw man for the sake of argument.

I will use the Joe Scarborough answer: you can only convince people who are too stupid to operate a blender that the two are comparable.

AGBF

E B

Ideal_Rock
The left wants it so badly to be about Trump firing Comey to cover up something that there is after all this time still no evidence of. Clapper and Yates just said so again this week. Perhaps if they keep all this swirling until 2018 they think it helps them. Keep Trump from doing anything he campaigned on is the dems plan. Keep the swirl going. Trump doesn't help himself for sure because he is still a booby in what comes out of his mouth.

You don't take issue with the timing given this news comes out the same day we find out there have been GJ subpoenas issued, and the following day we hear that multiple sources and news outlets have confirmed that Comey had come to the DOJ for more resources to expand/speed up the investigation? Just a coincidence, right?

This whole idea that "the left is blowing this out of proportion" is so deeply head-in-sand I don't know what else to say. Republicans would have started impeachment proceedings MONTHS ago had this been Hillary, and you know it. There was an explosion of heads when Bill Clinton met with Lynch on the tarmac, but libs have their panties in a bunch over the President asking the Deputy AG and the AG who should have recused himself to find an excuse to fire the man leading the FBI's investigation into said president.

This isn't partisan. This is unacceptable. And we'll see who the true patriots are. Hint: It isn't anyone still making excuses for this.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I cannot believe you think "Benghazi" was comparable to the Russians taking over the government of the United States. In fact, I don't believe you think that. But I do believe you are willing to set that up as a straw man for the sake of argument.

I will use the Joe Scarborough answer: you can only convince people who are too stupid to operate a blender that the two are comparable.

AGBF

Oh lord Deb, that really made me LOL!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Russians have not taken over our government Deb. I cannot believe that you actually believe that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Russians have not taken over our government Deb. I cannot believe that you actually believe that.

OK. Get an independent prosecutor out of the new Deputy Director of the FBI; get Donald Trump under oath; subpoena his tax returns; ask him all about his connections with Russia (after examining the tax returns carefully); then we'll see if there are Bolsheviks in the Blue Room or the Lincoln Bedroom sleeping with The Donald.

Deb :wavey:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Anyone remember when concern for national security and upholding the constitution was the bedrock of conservatism? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone remember when concern for national security and upholding the constitution was the bedrock of conservatism? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Exactly when and where is this not happening now? There are THREE investigations by THREE separate entities going on into Russia. How many more do you need?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Benghazi was just an example. (But I find that scandal far more egregious, obviously, than other posters).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Benghazi was just an example. (But I find that scandal far more egregious, obviously, than other posters).
So do I since FOUR people died.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't take issue with the timing given this news comes out the same day we find out there have been GJ subpoenas issued, and the following day we hear that multiple sources and news outlets have confirmed that Comey had come to the DOJ for more resources to expand/speed up the investigation? Just a coincidence, right?

This whole idea that "the left is blowing this out of proportion" is so deeply head-in-sand I don't know what else to say. Republicans would have started impeachment proceedings MONTHS ago had this been Hillary, and you know it. There was an explosion of heads when Bill Clinton met with Lynch on the tarmac, but libs have their panties in a bunch over the President asking the Deputy AG and the AG who should have recused himself to find an excuse to fire the man leading the FBI's investigation into said president.

This isn't partisan. This is unacceptable. And we'll see who the true patriots are. Hint: It isn't anyone still making excuses for this.

Who is making excuses for anything? I can call something ridiculous if I feel like it and think that it is. Just like you. And WTH does patriotism have to do with this? I assume we are all patriots and would never assume or say that anyone here is not.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly when and where is this not happening now? There are THREE investigations going on into Russia. How many more do you need?

I don't need quantity; I need quality. In fact, too many cooks spoil the broth. Get the flippin' independent prosecutor that Big Bully Blowhard Red Donald cannot fire when he's about to uncover the truth.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do I since FOUR people died.

Hillary Clinton didn't kill them. I won't sit through any more baloney about her in silence.

Donald Trump is the president. She is not the issue. He is the danger. She isn't. Any talk about her is a DIVERSION!!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hillary Clinton didn't kill them. I won't sit through any more baloney about her in silence.

Donald Trump is the president. She is not the issue. He is the danger. She isn't. Any talk about her is a DIVERSION!!!!
It absolutely applies in this case because the discussion is about congressional investigations and people's views of them.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Who is making excuses for anything? I can call something ridiculous if I feel like it and think that it is. Just like you. And WTH does patriotism have to do with this? I assume we are all patriots and would never assume or say that anyone here is not.

Trump made excuses. And Rosenstein carried his dirty water, it appears. And Sessions was involved when he should have been a ten foot pole away at minimum.

Congressional Dems are asking for an independent investigation/special prosecutor because of this, and because there have been issues with BOTH the House (Nunes) and Senate (Burr) investigations. All denied-- why? WHY continue the push back if there's nothing to find? If we wanted to drag it to '18, we'd let congress continue moving at a glacial pace.

You asked where the bedrock is crumbling? The Emoluments Clause, for starters. Or Michael Flynn. Hoo boy.

But, her emails.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meh. We will see where it goes. Have a nice day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just think: Without investigative journalism, Michael Flynn would probably still be NSA. Because his entanglements with Turkey and Russia were NBD. His "lying to the VP" was unacceptable. And how dare we smear a good man? But Yates can be tossed under a bus because she was a rumored Clintonite.

Un-freakin-believable.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It absolutely applies in this case because the discussion is about congressional investigations and people's views of them.

If I were not a lady, I might speak about the animals that used to run wild on the plains when the native Americans still held sway here. But I am. So: baloney!

You are saying Hillary Clinton is still an issue? That is ludicrous. You Republicans cannot make her a permanent issue, much as you would like to. She is out of office, out of power, and out of gas.

The person who is a danger is in office now. He is a Republican and a buffoon and, possibly, a traitor. He is the issue and the only issue. He needs investigating and needs it needs it badly for the sake of the country. Deal with it!

AGBF

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
This investigation has been going on since the summer under the Obama administration. If there were something there, there's no way the previous administration would not have put it out there.

E B

Ideal_Rock
This investigation has been going on since the summer under the Obama administration. If there were something there, there's no way the previous administration would not have put it out there.

Watergate? And this is potentially much bigger.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were not a lady, I might speak about the animals that used to run wild on the plains when the native Americans still held sway here. But I am. So: baloney!

You are saying Hillary Clinton is still an issue? That is ludicrous. You Republicans cannot make her a permanent issue, much as you would like to. She is out of office, out of power, and out of gas.

The person who is a danger is in office now. He is a Republican and a buffoon and, possibly, a traitor. He is the issue and the only issue. He needs investigating and needs it needs it badly for the sake of the country. Deal with it!

AGBF

Russia is being investigated. I am dealing with it just fine. The left are the ones not dealing with anything very well.

Edit - In fact, I am dealing with all of this quite well actually. If evidence is found it will be handled in the appropriate fashion by the FBI - even with Comey gone. I trust the agents doing the actual investigation.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Russia is being investigated. I am dealing with it just fine. The left are the ones not dealing with anything very well.

Yup! you got it!

You noticed we are upset? That is because the president (Donald The Bolshevik) is misbehaving and sticking his fingers into the Russia investigations. Can't put one past you, can !?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

He is a danger because he is a Republican?

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

We should be so lucky if the investigation into Russian interference is like investigations into Benghazi and Whitewater and the Clinton emails. At least those investigations were conducted with full-time dedicated staff, an independent prosecutor, and without interference from the sitting President. Not to mention that in Benghazi, Hillary Clinton made herself available for 11 hours of questioning by the investigating committee. So yeah, I would LOVE for this investigation to be like those investigations.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell me what it will take for Republicans to get their heads out of the sand?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to stay and discuss this matter, red, but I know I am currently incapable of discussion. You have seen me like this before and it is not pretty. I am sorry for the tone I have been using.

I am stepping away from the keyboard for a while and will drink a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage. If I am fit to return later, I shall. I thank all of you ladies for keeping your tempers. I love Pricescope!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results