color
clarity

Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Amys Bling|1305164373|2919256 said:
iugurl|1305140762|2918849 said:
I really don't like DBTY bracelets or necklaces. I remember in middle school (I think. maybe high school) a lot of girls wore fake versions of it, and for some reason I just can't stand it. I know they are very popular here in PS land, so I am probably in the minority. I actually haven't seen one IRL for many years. I have seen them in Tiffanys, but not ON a real person.

I don't really care for Pandora or any charm bracelets. Never have, never will.

I also don't get the teeny, tiny shanks. They are pretty, but don't seem practical at all. Plus, unless your fingers are skin and bones, it seems as though they are not the most flattering style.

I actually like the white ceramic watch trend! I don't have one, because I know they will soon go out and become very outdated. That would, IMO, be a waste of money.

Just to continue with the "offending others theme".

1. I love DBTY bracelets and am having one made as we speak! :errrr: lol
2. I have a teen tiny shank on my ERing... :errrr: ( I also do have very slim fingers though, 4.75 and long fingers)
3. I own a white ceramic watch .... :errrr: . lol

I'm not offendxed by anthing you said- I am sure that there are things I am not a fan of, that you and others love and own many of. To each his own. I just think it's interesting to see what everyone is not into at the moment-

If my jewelry budget was larger, I would totally buy a white ceramic watch. However, my jewelry budget is fairly small and I don't want to spend a large portion of it on something that will be "out" soon. If my budget was large, I would say oh well, I don't care!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pandora bracelets.

JKT anything.

Journey pendants/rings/anything.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

FrekeChild|1305258372|2920381 said:
Pandora bracelets.

JKT anything.

Freke, why no love for JKT?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1305259183|2920397 said:
FrekeChild|1305258372|2920381 said:
Pandora bracelets.

JKT anything.

Freke, why no love for JKT?

Yeah...you have that gorgeous key from JKT...are you just over it, or what? Curious! :confused:

marym

Shiny_Rock

I think the mass produced journey necklaces are tacky and hideous, especially ones with a squiggle.

I don't post much anymore, but this comment motivated me to come out of lurkdom.

I wanted to post a picture of my so-called "tacky and hideous" squiggle journey pendant and earrings that I wore with pride on my wedding day. They were a gift from my husband, who gave them to me when we were dating. Kelpie, your comment really kind of stung. People have different tastes in jewelry, and to call someone else's choice of jewelry tacky and hideous is just mean.

I think the necklace and earrings are beautiful and sparkly, and I couldn't have been happier receiving them or wearing them.

kjgfg.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

marym|1305498483|2922564 said:
I think the mass produced journey necklaces are tacky and hideous, especially ones with a squiggle.

I don't post much anymore, but this comment motivated me to come out of lurkdom.

I wanted to post a picture of my so-called "tacky and hideous" squiggle journey pendant and earrings that I wore with pride on my wedding day. They were a gift from my husband, who gave them to me when we were dating. Kelpie, your comment really kind of stung. People have different tastes in jewelry, and to call someone else's choice of jewelry tacky and hideous is just mean.

I think the necklace and earrings are beautiful and sparkly, and I couldn't have been happier receiving them or wearing them.

You look beautiful!

marym

Shiny_Rock

herekittykitty|1305499417|2922574 said:

You look beautiful!

Thank you very much, HKK :))

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock

herekittykitty|1305499417|2922574 said:

You look beautiful!

My sister-in-law just got those earrings for Mother's Day, and I finally got to see them in person. They are gorgeous, and I love the design and the sparkle. Gorgeous wedding jewelry!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

They looks gorgeous on you!

marym

Shiny_Rock

Thank you Mrs Jam and Amy's Bling-

Now that I have had a chance to cool down, I am willing to acknowledge that I shouldn't have opened up a "vent" thread. Posters in a different thread are discussing this, and I agree completely that people have a right to their opinions. I just think that some of the words people are using to describe jewelry other people may own are a little strong. That particular comment hit a nerve, but I'm over it now. I will continue to lurk, but I think that threads like this kinda go a little overboard sometimes, and people's feelings are bound to get hurt. I don't know if it is a positive thing. Just my 2 cents. :))

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

I just can't be a part of this. And no my "edited" post was not trying to be funny. I was serious.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wah wah wah. Geez. I have a Tiffany silver heart necklace and a ceramic watch and probably several more of the "offensive" items. SO WHAT. People not liking things DOES NOT AFFECT ME.

SERIOUSLY -- what is up with the sensitivity?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

MyDiamondSparkles|1305512967|2922740 said:
I haven't been on this forum for a while, and just happened on it tonight. And all I can say is "Wow!" :shock:

Voicing your opinion on trends you hate might be okay to "some" people, however voicing your opinion on someone's specific piece of jewelry is quite rude. Not everything one thinks needs to be said. And waving an olive branch after you say it, doesn't make it any better. It was way beyond offensive. The original poster (Circe) makes mention of proper grammar, but perhaps she/ he (?) could use a lesson in tact? Perhaps a Miss Manners lesson? Find something better to do with her/ his time? Do some soul searching to figure out why on Earth she/ he would have ever posted such a rude comment in a public forum that can not be retracted once said?

Certainly, I have better things to do with my time than to read through posts with such a lack of respect for someone else's feelings.

I've looked around for quite some time and I can not find my answer anywhere. How do I leave this forum? :(sad
I can't tell--is this a serious post, or are you trying to be funny?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyDiamondSparkles|1305512967|2922740 said:
I haven't been on this forum for a while, and just happened on it tonight. And all I can say is "Wow!" :shock:

Voicing your opinion on trends you hate might be okay to "some" people, however voicing your opinion on someone's specific piece of jewelry is quite rude. Not everything one thinks needs to be said. And waving an olive branch after you say it, doesn't make it any better. It was way beyond offensive. The original poster (Circe) makes mention of proper grammar, but perhaps she/ he (?) could use a lesson in tact? Perhaps a Miss Manners lesson? Find something better to do with her/ his time? Do some soul searching to figure out why on Earth she/ he would have ever posted such a rude comment in a public forum that can not be retracted once said?

Certainly, I have better things to do with my time than to read through posts with such a lack of respect for someone else's feelings.

I've looked around for quite some time and I can not find my answer anywhere. How do I leave this forum? :(sad

I don't feel any particular need to be tactful about stupidity. Take that as you will.

I did not, I'll admit, see this going in the direction that it did - I sort of figured it would stay on abstract issues instead of devolving into discussion of specific jewelry pieces. That was a bit of personal blindness for which I do apologize. I don't see the harm in it myself - y'all wanna hate away on any of my pet loves, get down with your bad selves! - but my intent was never to hurt anyone's feeling, just to hopefully make them think for a sec before abusing the terminology of the trade. And, indeed, to vent, as the title reflects.

I vented at the expense of Tiffany's and the dealers who misrepresent their wares. You, on the other hand, are venting at me. In your eyes, this is better ... how?

ETA: AH. NOW I understand. MDS, I went back and looked at your older posts to figure out how the hell I'd managed to rub you the wrong way. I wasn't talking about your (quite lovely) ring: I was talking about situations like the one a poster named 2Artists had a while back, when he bought a ring as a "pear-shaped rose cut" that turned out to be a low-quality stone set upside down, with little intrinsic value. I was poking around, I saw several (several!) similar pieces listed, it got my goat. It actually did not occur to me that a rose-cut owner might take that as a jab. So, if that's what irked you, I'm sorry if it raised your blood pressure. That said ... you sorta jumped to the wrong conclusion and went straight on the offensive. Perhaps that's a strategy that might be worth reconsidering.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1305513450|2922745 said:
Wah wah wah. Geez. I have a Tiffany silver heart necklace and a ceramic watch and probably several more of the "offensive" items. SO WHAT. People not liking things DOES NOT AFFECT ME.

SERIOUSLY -- what is up with the sensitivity?

GIANT DITTO. The most expensive piece of jewelry I own is my engagement ring and it's a halo, which some people are over! ;( ;( ;( I'M GOING TO HAVE TO PAWN IT NOW!

I said it in another thread already, but I really don't understand why someone who is thin-skinned would even venture into this thread. It's just silly to even read it if you own anything current and are easily offended! And why shouldn't PSers be able to be honest about their opinions about jewelry in a clearly labeled thread?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

MyDiamondSparkles, if you would like to leave the forum you can either A. Log out, never to return, or B. Ask the mods to delete your account.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my gosh, Circe, I am terribly sorry. I totally misundersood your original post.

I looked around tiffany's web site and coulnd't see any upside down photos of diamonds. So (I am soooo embarrassed to say this) I thought you were speaking of my own ring--not a Tiffany ring. I never have cared much about what people think of anything I wear, however, this just really bothered me--truthfully because I had such a hard time decided if I wanted to keep the ring or return it after it got back from the apprasier. You weren't talking about me after all, and I owe you an apology. I deeply regret what I said. Sigh, it is me that needs to do some soul searching and find better things to do with my time.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MyDiamondSparkles|1305514427|2922756 said:
Oh my gosh, Circe, I am terribly sorry. I totally misundersood your original post.

I looked around tiffany's web site and coulnd't see any upside down photos of diamonds. So (I am soooo embarrassed to say this) I thought you were speaking of my own ring--not a Tiffany ring. I never have cared much about what people think of anything I wear, however, this just really bothered me--truthfully because I had such a hard time decided if I wanted to keep the ring or return it after it got back from the apprasier. You weren't talking about me after all, and I owe you an apology. I deeply regret what I said. Sigh, it is me that needs to do some soul searching and find better things to do with my time.

We just totally cross-posted (please see edit) - apology accepted, and offered most sincerely in return for the misunderstanding.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marym|1305512830|2922739 said:
Thank you Mrs Jam and Amy's Bling-

Now that I have had a chance to cool down, I am willing to acknowledge that I shouldn't have opened up a "vent" thread. Posters in a different thread are discussing this, and I agree completely that people have a right to their opinions. I just think that some of the words people are using to describe jewelry other people may own are a little strong. That particular comment hit a nerve, but I'm over it now. I will continue to lurk, but I think that threads like this kinda go a little overboard sometimes, and people's feelings are bound to get hurt. I don't know if it is a positive thing. Just my 2 cents. :))

My issue was also with some of the adjectives used to describe some of the jewelry trends people hate. If people want to keep answers straightforward and list what they hate, I'm totally fine with that. But once some, uh, harsh words were being thrown out there it raised my hackles, that's all. We're on a jewelry forum...we all love jewelry, and we love it so much that we come here to show it off (SMTB), we take pride in it, etc. And as long as dissenting opinions are accepted, it should be acceptable for some people to post here and discuss why they feel miffed when someone calls the style of jewelry they love "ugly," tacky," "hideous," or whatever.

I get the thread, I really do. I like that opinions are encouraged. What I dislike about some of the posts in this thread is that they were worded harshly. Of course I appreciate variety and different tastes, that's the beauty of PS and a good number of trends here have been started BECAUSE so many people here present different styles and flavors to each other all the time. I thought Circe's intent in starting this thread was more like that old thread in SMTB "show me the ugly" (or whatever it was called)...the one in which people used to post some pretty heinous ebay finds. We had a lot of fun with that. But, that was a thread purposely begun to show examples of UGLY jewelry. This one was begun to discuss current trends people are sick of seeing or just downright hate. Calling a particular style ugly in this thread is entirely different from posting a fugly piece from the 80's found on ebay. Sigh...anyway, I will try to be less sensitive to words here and develop a thicker skin, THING. ;)) :bigsmile: (You know I <3) you!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Monnie--First, is that a new puppy in your avatar? :love:

I respect the fact that some people's feelings were hurt, but as someone who isn't sensitive to this sort of thing I didn't experience that myself. What's more interesting to me about this thread is that I *like* knowing what other people *really* think about certain types of jewelry or current trends. Once someone says they hate rose gold, for example, I want to know what they really think about it. Does she think it's tacky? Why? That's so interesting to me because I don't see it that way, so I want to know more.

Also, I'm aware that there is going to be somebody out there who thinks any given piece of jewelry I own is hideous/tacky/ugly/etc., since we all have different taste, so it really isn't shocking for me to read a post that owns up to that fact. Doesn't bother me, though--these pieces are mine and I love them all the same.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven|1305516541|2922780 said:
Monnie--First, is that a new puppy in your avatar? :love:

I respect the fact that some people's feelings were hurt, but as someone who isn't sensitive to this sort of thing I didn't experience that myself. What's more interesting to me about this thread is that I *like* knowing what other people *really* think about certain types of jewelry or current trends. Once someone says they hate rose gold, for example, I want to know what they really think about it. Does she think it's tacky? Why? That's so interesting to me because I don't see it that way, so I want to know more.

Also, I'm aware that there is going to be somebody out there who thinks any given piece of jewelry I own is hideous/tacky/ugly/etc., since we all have different taste, so it really isn't shocking for me to read a post that owns up to that fact. Doesn't bother me, though--these pieces are mine and I love them all the same.

Haven, no, that is Daisy when she was 3! She's now 4.5-ish and still looks like a puppy! She and I have done well with exercise and diet (beagles have a tendency to get a little "fluffy" as they age) and her health really shows.

You nailed it for me with the comments of yours I bolded. I think what bothered me the most about the adjectives was that they were so general, and not constructive. What I could not articulate, or DID not articulate but wanted to, with my previous posts in this thread, was that I wonder WHY people think Pandora is "ugly." Of course, the word "ugly," along with "tacky" and "hideous" was what initially ruffled my feathers, but after some introspection I have decided that what is so bothersome about the words themselves is that no explanation was offered. No one's fault...just my own perception and ego.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, Daisy looks like a puppy in that picture! What a lovebug. (I love the euphemism "fluffy", by the way. I think I'll start to use that one.) (ETA: Nice job on keeping her fit and trim! Beagles are notoriously difficult to keep in shape, I know. She's quite the little beauty.)

I completely understand what you're saying. I know it's often hard to explain what we dislike about something, but when someone does it well it's so interesting, isn't it? In all of the criticism about thin shanks I was really hoping someone would say what they dislike about them *other* than the perceived durability issue because I find them really pleasing to my eye. I kept wondering "But what about the look of a thin shank bothers you?"

I suppose I didn't really do that in my own post, though. I think I just posted all the things I don't like anymore. I will share that I wanted a halo for a while but never settled on one because I don't love their profiles, and the profiles is important to me because that's the way I usually see the ring. SO, now I'm over halos primarily because I never found a halo with a really beautiful profile, at least beautiful to my eye. There! An explanation. :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Haven|1305518098|2922792 said:
Oh, Daisy looks like a puppy in that picture! What a lovebug. (I love the euphemism "fluffy", by the way. I think I'll start to use that one.) (ETA: Nice job on keeping her fit and trim! Beagles are notoriously difficult to keep in shape, I know. She's quite the little beauty.)

I completely understand what you're saying. I know it's often hard to explain what we dislike about something, but when someone does it well it's so interesting, isn't it? In all of the criticism about thin shanks I was really hoping someone would say what they dislike about them *other* than the perceived durability issue because I find them really pleasing to my eye. I kept wondering "But what about the look of a thin shank bothers you?"

I suppose I didn't really do that in my own post, though. I think I just posted all the things I don't like anymore. I will share that I wanted a halo for a while but never settled on one because I don't love their profiles, and the profiles is important to me because that's the way I usually see the ring. SO, now I'm over halos primarily because I never found a halo with a really beautiful profile, at least beautiful to my eye. There! An explanation. :bigsmile:

Haven it might be that the perceived durability risks with the thin shanks bother people. I have the same issue with exposed girdles...I know it is perfectly safe but just seeing them seems scary to me!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the compliment to Daisy! She's a peach. Hope your pups and kitties are well!

Thin shanks...I'm sure you've seen this thread, but if not, it offers a few opinions (aside from the article) on the thin shank "look" itself:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thin-is-in-a-vendor%E2%80%99s-dilemma-by-dave-atlas.159355/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thin-is-in-a-vendor%E2%80%99s-dilemma-by-dave-atlas.159355/[/URL]

I thought the opinions were interesting, and Cardinal74's was of particular interest because he/she discussed the aesthetic side of the matter. (I don't agree or disagree with him...but liked that he offered a concrete reason.)

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

I didn't post a list of my dislikes, but like Haven I have been reading because I am truly curious of the true opinions on jewelery. I also want to know the "why". Usually, if I have a strong dislike for a particular super-trendy style, it's because I don't want to be associated with the group that wears them. For example, I dislike the return to Tiffany heart collection because it makes me think of teenaged girls or women who think that owning the least expensive Tiffany silver piece puts them in an exclusive club - meh. I also think most "Mom" jewelry is cheesy or bandwagonish, but I'm happy to compliment a woman on her mom jewelry because I know it represents her true source of pride - her children.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tiffany silver...hmm. For the most part, I agree with all the posts here and I LOVE that people have discussed what makes them "anti." I have a Tiffany silver key holder that I bought for myself when I purchased my Jeep a couple years ago...I wanted to buy myself something nice to hold my house key and my car key. I also have a Tiffany heart tag toggle closure (wow, that's a mouthful, or at least a lot to type) bracelet that I bought for myself for my 30th birthday because I had been admiring them on my ex-SIL's for quite some time. I didn't know it was such a huge trend back then, until I started noticing copies EVERYWHERE. That bugged me, but I still wear mine every day because I love the way it looks with my watch and I like bracelets! A LOT!

Here's one sort of current trend that I dislike: kite-set princess cuts. I have a hard time putting my finger on exactly WHY, but it just bugs me to PIECES. Maybe because it makes (to my eyes) the princess shape look sharper? Gah. I don't know. I feel like I need to go sit in a corner for awhile and try to figure out what my problem is with that setting. :???:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Lots of my friends have the journey necklaces....always been a fan.

You look beautiful.

One person's opinion is only that, an opinion...you know?

People here said big watches were ugly....I have a big watch that *I* love...I could give a sh*t less if someone thinks its ugly! I wear it with pride and love it.

I bet you get lots of compliments on your set! :halo:

I totally agree with Monnie. The use of some adjectives here are totally unnecessary. I think its ok to list things you may not like but adding on adjectives to that isn't necessary.

It's kind of like the clothes trends you hate---some people honestly sounded ANGRY in their reasons why they don't like certain clothes!

Like leggings. Some people legitimately sounded so pissed?! I wear leggings. Out to bars. They're not see through, but they look good on me so I'm wearing them. I also wear work out clothes from lululemon and gap body on a daily basis. Don't get pissed about it. It will BE OOOOOOKAY. Plus, I'm gonna keep wearing it. Same with my jewelry.

It's silly stuff, ya know? If YOU love it, thats all that matters.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

monarch64|1305520357|2922810 said:
Tiffany silver...hmm. For the most part, I agree with all the posts here and I LOVE that people have discussed what makes them "anti." I have a Tiffany silver key holder that I bought for myself when I purchased my Jeep a couple years ago...I wanted to buy myself something nice to hold my house key and my car key. I also have a Tiffany heart tag toggle closure (wow, that's a mouthful, or at least a lot to type) bracelet that I bought for myself for my 30th birthday because I had been admiring them on my ex-SIL's for quite some time. I didn't know it was such a huge trend back then, until I started noticing copies EVERYWHERE. That bugged me, but I still wear mine every day because I love the way it looks with my watch and I like bracelets! A LOT!

Here's one sort of current trend that I dislike: kite-set princess cuts. I have a hard time putting my finger on exactly WHY, but it just bugs me to PIECES. Maybe because it makes (to my eyes) the princess shape look sharper? Gah. I don't know. I feel like I need to go sit in a corner for awhile and try to figure out what my problem is with that setting. :???:

I know some people who absolutely love square shapes set en pointe, but I'm not a big fan of them either. I keep thinking that it's a good way to put a really pretty stone at risk for damage by getting smacked against something.

The reason I don't like "painfully thin shanks" (under 2mm to me is risky, and under 1.7 is not a wise idea) is because just putting on and taking off the ring puts the delicate shanks at risk for getting out of round, and popping diamonds from the settings. If it's a piece meant to be worn delicately once in a blue moon, fine. It's just not a good choice for an everyday ring if you plan on the setting lasting for a long time.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Circe|1305514588|2922760 said:
MyDiamondSparkles|1305514427|2922756 said:

We just totally cross-posted (please see edit) - apology accepted, and offered most sincerely in return for the misunderstanding.

Thank you, Circe. I had actually removed/ edited my post prior to your responding to it in hopes you wouldn't see what I said. I felt terrible right after I wrote it. :(sad I'm actually not all that sensitive of a person. I usualy could care a less what anyone thinks as I am confident in myself. I must have been having a moment--air conditioner went out and it was 92 degrees in my house for 2 days....I think my brain was fried. Thank you for being so understanding, I appreciated that. ;-)

I don't know if I've seen any jewerly or trends I haven't liked. I am not into trends as much as some but only because I have a twin sister and I have what I call a "twin thing". I can't stand having anything that anyone esle might have....lol.

That being said, I wouldn't own a Pandora anything, however when I see someone with them and they tell me the story behind each bead, I think they are lovely. Same for the poster who had the journey necklace, a gift from her husband, worn on her wedding day...it makes it even more beautiful to me.

I love any jewlery that has deep personal meaning. :love:

I have never really liked heart shaped diamonds on me--they are a bit too cutesy for me and I always associate heart shapes with young girls and teenagers. But, you know that lady from that show Millionaire Matchmaker (lol). She has a heart shaped diamond solitaire, and what a perfect shape for her and her business.

I'm not a fan of princess cut diamonds, for me, I think because for their carat weight, they face up the smallest out of any of the diamond shapes. I once did a lot of investigating here on the forum to see which diamond shapes were liked the most and least. Princess came in second to last, with only the heart shape comming in below it. But, if you go on online web sites and look at their top selling diamond shapes, it's princess shape by a landslide.

I do love the look of a halo, very pretty and a fabulous way to add a bit of finger coverage to any size diamond. But because it is so trendy I wouldn't want one (the twin thing again), so I will admire eveyone esles.

My mother-in-law loved Princess Diana. As a anniversary gift my father-in-law had an exact replica made of Princess Diana's (now Kate's) engagement ring--I'm not sure if the sapphire was of the same quality but it was 18 carats of beautifullness surrounding by sparkly diamonds. That ring made my mother-in-law smile, it brought her a lot of joy and because of that it really did took beautiful on her. She would always say when she passed away I would inherit that ring and believe me, I would be expected to wear it. Here comes that twin thing again--ack! So one day she was devastated when she lost the center stone, sapphire. Although I was sad for her, I was relieved for me. Well she ended up having insurance on it and replaced the center stone. A few months later she lost the center stone again, and again ended up having it replaced. And finally, a third time, she lost that center stone (all of this was in the course of about 6 months), my father in law ended up taking the ring back to the jeweler and selecting something else. The something else was a diamond a sapphire ring, still beautiful but nothing like the treasured Princess Diana ring to her. I inherited the something else ring, and although I receive compliments on it all of the time, I know she never loved it as much as the PD ring, so it just don't love it as much as I could. I would give anything to have her treasured PD ring and I would wear it proudly now.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock

Winks_Elf|1305549969|2922926 said:
I know some people who absolutely love square shapes set en pointe, but I'm not a big fan of them either. I keep thinking that it's a good way to put a really pretty stone at risk for damage by getting smacked against something.

I'm curious; I like square cuts set at an angle. Not so much princess cuts because I just don't like the cut but I've seen some Asschers beautifully set this way. Are they inherently more dangerous than other settings?

BTW, I don't like the current no-metal trend which looks to me like diamonds everywhere and no metal in sight. On one hand, I think its because I appreciate good metalwork and I'd like to see some of it and not have all the metal hidden by diamonds. But I think also that subconsciously, when I look at a ring and see no metal, it doesn't appear sturdy or substantial enough, especially if it has a thin shank. I know some designers can make them that sturdy but for me its a mind-thing. I can't get over it not looking sturdy enough to spend a lot of money on it even though I know practically speaking that it is quite sturdy.

But, quite honestly, its not a trend that I hate. It looks very beautiful but when push comes to shove, I'm not going to spend my money on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results