shape
carat
color
clarity

Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like trendy anything. If Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn wouldn't wear it, it's not for me.
Don't like logos on clothing and same for jewelry, including recognizable Chanel, VCA, LV, Tiffany pieces.
Can't go wrong with classic styles and pearls.
I do have a Cartier tank watch and have somewhat conflicted feelings about it--lol.
Not a fan of halos.
Also the only person on the planet who doesn't like tennis bracelets. Weird, I know.
DH asks what I would like and the only thing I might request is a strand of golden SS pearls. Or mixed color tahitians ala Nancy Pelosi.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I hope I don't hurt any feeling feelings by saying this, but the Kay jewelers Open Heart Collection kinda bugs me too.

It's worn out its welcome. I thought it was pretty when it first came out.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I hope I don't hurt any feeling feelings by saying this, but the Kay jewelers Open Heart Collection kinda bugs me too.

It's worn out its welcome. I thought it was pretty when it first came out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelry that makes me throw up a little in my mouth

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 5.36.54 PM.png

Pimp jewelry

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 5.40.16 PM.png

Eyeball jewelry

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 5.43.21 PM.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nose rings and belly button jewelry.:naughty:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Thanks Kenny, for grossing us all out.

Yes, Stephanie, I agree. I'd also like to add ear gauges and cheekbone studs to the list

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of gross ... those bands with tiny diamonds, gypsy-set, and spaced randomly.
They remind me of breaking out with a skin condition. :knockout:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, do tongue piercings count? My husband had one when we first met (granted 16 years ago) and I made him take it out. Totally grossed me out.

He was shocked, "girls LOVE tongue piercings".:eek2:

Not this girl! =)2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, do tongue piercings count? My husband had one when we first met (granted 16 years ago) and I made him take it out. Totally grossed me out.

He was shocked, "girls LOVE tongue piercings".:eek2:

Not this girl! =)2

I thought guys liked gals with tongue piercings.
Something about how it feels, maybe?

I have no idea what they're talking about. :saint: :whistle:

Last edited:

Joule

Rough_Rock
That was terrifying, Kenny.
I'm turned off by tennis bracelets too, Elizabeth35. I agree with you on the pearls, too: A multi-color round Tahitian strand tops my wish list.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that larger ear gauges creep me out too. One of our local Target stores had an employee with ear gauges and for a while I guess their policy required him to not wear gauges at work... so he had these huge holes in his ears and these big flapping strips of flesh... totally yucky! The store realized the error of their ways and came up with another solution (plastic buttons, as I recall). I know perfectly lovely people who have large holes in their ears, but I do sometimes need to remind myself that the gauges don't reflect the person, just their tastes... which happen to be different from mine. :rolleyes:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that larger ear gauges creep me out too. One of our local Target stores had an employee with ear gauges and for a while I guess their policy required him to not wear gauges at work... so he had these huge holes in his ears and these big flapping strips of flesh... totally yucky! The store realized the error of their ways and came up with another solution (plastic buttons, as I recall). I know perfectly lovely people who have large holes in their ears, but I do sometimes need to remind myself that the gauges don't reflect the person, just their tastes... which happen to be different from mine. :rolleyes:

Lol, did they make him wear a Bullseye gauge? :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results