shape
carat
color
clarity

Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
613
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jewelerman|1305006470|2917101 said:
WOW.i have to agree with everyone here about what being said about some current trends.One thing i have never liked is mothers jewelry...and the photo dog tags with your child or loved one...even though moms jewelry has gotten better over the years i don't care for cheaply made charm jewelry with your child's name or bad cubic birthstone on it.Get a simple single stone pendant or ring.

Oh gosh, "mom" jewelry!! I didn't want to say anything and offend all the mommies out there, but there is some tacky mom jewelry out there too. Especially the ornate necklace charms that have the word "mom" sitting inside of a heart.

Yes, I have heart jewelry, but it is all very funky cocktail jewelry. Nothing that looks like came out of the jewelry case at JC Penney!!
 

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
5,720
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh jeez, I think they've all been said. David Yurman, Pandora, Return to Tiffany, calling upside down gems 'rose cut's, vendors like Laurie Sarah on Etsy that are clearly using stock LOGR's and calling them 'custom' and setting them for thousands.
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Izzy03|1304971610|2916542 said:
I hope I don't hurt any feeling feelings by saying this, but the Kay jewelers Open Heart Collection kinda bugs me too.

Wow, that's mine too lately. :o I mean a heart motif- great! But there's a fine line between an "open heart" as she (Jane Seymour?) says in her advertising and, when I hear her say it, a broken heart. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feeling either, but I personally wouldn't buy her collection as a gift.
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IndyLady|1305007818|2917108 said:
Oh jeez, I think they've all been said. David Yurman, Pandora, Return to Tiffany, calling upside down gems 'rose cut's, vendors like Laurie Sarah on Etsy that are clearly using stock LOGR's and calling them 'custom' and setting them for thousands.

Return to Tiffany when the "Return to Tiffany" is on a little plaque and the plaque looks glued or welded on the body of the piece. This doesn't scream, "World Class Jeweler" to me. YMMV.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monarch- when I see pandora bracelets on someone, I don't think "ewe that's terrible... Hate it" I think, "not for me" you rock your pandora!
 

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2003
Messages
2,201
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have you ever watched "Selling New York" on HGTV?

Those Kleirs girls are REEKING of Louis Vuitton's earrings, bracelets, rings etc. Why do they wear this? Cause it costs a lot of money? Well, it's FUGLY!

I am over Louis Vuitton jewelry, especially the long dangling flower earrings. Yuck.
 

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
6,105
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Circles, O, whatever. What the heck is that O supposed to mean? You love Oprah?

Everlon. Slip knot that diamond; yeah, that looks great! I guess if your gal is a sailor . . .

"Return to Tiffany" jewelry. Tiffany-tagged jewelry. Tiffany stamped jewelry. You can bid every day of the week on thousands of these pieces on ebay. Dime a dozen.

I don't get the white ceramic watch thing. That timepiece will be iconic of a particular era instead of a classic . . . kinda like Swatch and the 80s.

Statement necklaces. What are they saying? I'm a fashion victim? I don't know when to ignore a dumb trend? Statement necklaces say the same thing as 'brooches'. "I raided my grandma's jewelry box".

Oh, how could I forget Pandora! Or Storywheels! Pandora is simply ugly; Storywheels are expensively silly.

And, of course, every single "exclusive" piece from Kay's or Zales.
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,950
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't like the Pandora bracelets either. I think they are so ugly. I just don't get them. Also, not a big fan of the Jane Seymor
jewelry. It just looks like same old same old to me.

I am not a fan of the invisible set engagement rings with the four into one thing, but I do love invisible set stones. I love them
with gemstones or diamonds. I love the smoothness of the setting and the fact that there are no prongs. I have earrings with
both diamonds and sapphires and a heart shaped pendant.

I don't like silver and diamonds either. I know it is done for the cost of metal but it just seems like a waste to me.
 

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
5,083
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HollyS|1305069319|2917874 said:
Circles, O, whatever. What the heck is that O supposed to mean? You love Oprah?

Everlon. Slip knot that diamond; yeah, that looks great! I guess if your gal is a sailor . . .

"Return to Tiffany" jewelry. Tiffany-tagged jewelry. Tiffany stamped jewelry. You can bid every day of the week on thousands of these pieces on ebay. Dime a dozen.

I don't get the white ceramic watch thing. That timepiece will be iconic of a particular era instead of a classic . . . kinda like Swatch and the 80s.

Statement necklaces. What are they saying? I'm a fashion victim? I don't know when to ignore a dumb trend? Statement necklaces say the same thing as 'brooches'. "I raided my grandma's jewelry box".

Oh, how could I forget Pandora! Or Storywheels! Pandora is simply ugly; Storywheels are expensively silly.

And, of course, every single "exclusive" piece from Kay's or Zales.

Gotta defend the "original" Storywheel though, made long ago by Nancy Brown of Santa Fe. Her stuff was truly lovely. Sadly, she, and now her wonderful store, are gone forever. I loved that store and the staff and will miss them when I next visit Santa Fe.

But yeah, the mass-produced Storywheels, and everything else already mentioned...meh.
 

Attachments

  • nancybrown_storywheels.bmp
    732.6 KB · Views: 3,401

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
5,760
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hahahaha--you have hit all mine (cluster rings, double halos, kay, jarrods, heart jewelry, yurman, pandora, giant mondo stacks of completely uncoordinated rings...) not much else to add:)
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
19,339
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Amys Bling|1305028470|2917205 said:
Monarch- when I see pandora bracelets on someone, I don't think "ewe that's terrible... Hate it" I think, "not for me" you rock your pandora!

Thanks, AmysBling! I appreciate your comment.

I will rock my "ugly" bracelets and necklace and welcome all the compliments I hear in everyday life, as well as enjoy looking at each and every charm knowing that my loved ones gave them to me to commemorate certain times, and I will love the fact that I purchased several to mark certain other monumental occasions. Gee, to use this thread to say any trend is "ugly" just blows my mind. But I guess that's a sign of my upbringing. I was raised to feel free to voice my opinions, but also raised to be gracious. ;))

Edited to add a winking emoticon after my last sentence (last paragraph.)
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I loathe David Yurman, not only their clunky designs but that they charge outrageous prices for dirt cheap materials like sterling silver and irradiated topaz or smokey quartz.

I think the mass produced journey necklaces are tacky and hideous, especially ones with a squiggle.

This may get me tarred and feathered around here but I am just not a fan of rounds in halos...to me it looks like you didn't get the mm diamond you hoped and so you chose an illusion/cocktail setting. In fact, I personally don't care for halos unless there is a color contrast between the center stone and the melee. Ace bruin's asscher in pink halo and Mageve's light yellow in white halo are two of my favorite rings ever. That said even if something's not my style I can still appreciate the beauty and workmanship as there really have been some nice halos on here.

Another thing I HATE is when a colored stone is in a halo and all the metal is one another and JUST THE PRONGS are another contrasting color. I often see emeralds and rubies set this way. It just looks like a non-sequitor. Somehow if the whole basket is the contrasting color then the piece makes more sense.
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

princesss|1304975407|2916639 said:
Things I never got into:
- those circle necklaces - you know, the ones that are just a circle of diamonds? I mean, I love diamonds, but it just looks like a jewel-encrusted hole.
- Journey pendants
- Kay's "Open Heart" collection. It just looks like boobs and a butt to me.
- Pandora bracelets

Things I liked but am now over:
- Keys. Tiff's or JKT, I'm just. so. over. the keys
- Return to Tiffany's anything - I don't need something screaming "I paid too much for silver that has somebody else's name on it!"

Everything she said...except those keys still have some allure for me but just don't seem practical.
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,950
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monarch, I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings...that was so not my intention. I understand the sentimentality of such pieces and
appreciate them for that. I don't know why they illicit such strong feelings in my, but they do. I am sure there are many people
here who hate the invisible set pieces I love, I understand. To each his own.

I also love heart jewelry (although not Jane Seymours) and have a 'return to Tiff' necklace that was a gift from my kids, and
everyone is free to hate them all. This is a thread vent, really not a personal attack.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

luv2sparkle|1305120046|2918404 said:
Monarch, I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings...that was so not my intention. I understand the sentimentality of such pieces and
appreciate them for that. I don't know why they illicit such strong feelings in my, but they do. I am sure there are many people
here who hate the invisible set pieces I love, I understand. To each his own.

I also love heart jewelry (although not Jane Seymours) and have a 'return to Tiff' necklace that was a gift from my kids, and
everyone is free to hate them all. This is a thread vent, really not a personal attack.

Hey, I have a return to Tiffany necklace, and :::gasp:::: my ERing setting is from Jared! I love my setting, incredibly sparkly and exactly what I wanted. I'm not offended by other poster's dislikes , to each his own!
 

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
12,111
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Amys Bling|1305121950|2918436 said:
luv2sparkle|1305120046|2918404 said:
Monarch, I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings...that was so not my intention. I understand the sentimentality of such pieces and
appreciate them for that. I don't know why they illicit such strong feelings in my, but they do. I am sure there are many people
here who hate the invisible set pieces I love, I understand. To each his own.

I also love heart jewelry (although not Jane Seymours) and have a 'return to Tiff' necklace that was a gift from my kids, and
everyone is free to hate them all. This is a thread vent, really not a personal attack.

Hey, I have a return to Tiffany necklace, and :::gasp:::: my ERing setting is from Jared! I love my setting, incredibly sparkly and exactly what I wanted. I'm not offended by other poster's dislikes , to each his own!

Yeah I mean if you venture into a "Trend Vent" about current jewelry trends people hate, chances are something you own is going to be listed. I have a halo e-ring that I love and I really don't care that some people are over them. I'm not, so I think I'll keep it! ;))
 

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
17,193
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thing2of2|1305122512|2918444 said:
Amys Bling|1305121950|2918436 said:
luv2sparkle|1305120046|2918404 said:
Monarch, I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings...that was so not my intention. I understand the sentimentality of such pieces and
appreciate them for that. I don't know why they illicit such strong feelings in my, but they do. I am sure there are many people
here who hate the invisible set pieces I love, I understand. To each his own.

I also love heart jewelry (although not Jane Seymours) and have a 'return to Tiff' necklace that was a gift from my kids, and
everyone is free to hate them all. This is a thread vent, really not a personal attack.

Hey, I have a return to Tiffany necklace, and :::gasp:::: my ERing setting is from Jared! I love my setting, incredibly sparkly and exactly what I wanted. I'm not offended by other poster's dislikes , to each his own!

Yeah I mean if you venture into a "Trend Vent" about current jewelry trends people hate, chances are something you own is going to be listed. I have a halo e-ring that I love and I really don't care that some people are over them. I'm not, so I think I'll keep it! ;))

Hey, my BLUE TOPAZ DAVID YURMAN ring (petite albion) gets the most compliments out of everything I own. I recently wore it for grins and giggles as costume jewelry. Everyone's eyes are drawn to the thing. It's actually a toss up between that and my pendant for attention - and I think it actually wins!!!

I actually am not into the ring at all (or David Yurman for that matter) but go figure, what's meh to some is a standout to others!
 

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
14,200
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

monarch64|1305093995|2918235 said:
Amys Bling|1305028470|2917205 said:
Monarch- when I see pandora bracelets on someone, I don't think "ewe that's terrible... Hate it" I think, "not for me" you rock your pandora!

Thanks, AmysBling! I appreciate your comment.

I will rock my "ugly" bracelets and necklace and welcome all the compliments I hear in everyday life, as well as enjoy looking at each and every charm knowing that my loved ones gave them to me to commemorate certain times, and I will love the fact that I purchased several to mark certain other monumental occasions. Gee, to use this thread to say any trend is "ugly" just blows my mind. But I guess that's a sign of my upbringing. I was raised to feel free to voice my opinions, but also raised to be gracious. ;))

Edited to add a winking emoticon after my last sentence (last paragraph.)

Yeah, I'm kind of with you on this one Monarch...that's why when I first saw this thread, I didn't even venture in at first. But of course I ended up in it anyway.

I have a Pandora bracelet, and I like it. Some people think they're really that ugly, huh? I can see not liking them, but I didn't think they're so bad that people would hate them so much. But ok, that's fine. One of the great things about getting older is that you really, really don't care what other people think. I'm not bothered in the least by the negative comments, but I just think these threads have the potential to make people feel bad.
 

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
816
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

junebug17|1305133675|2918664 said:
monarch64|1305093995|2918235 said:
Amys Bling|1305028470|2917205 said:
Monarch- when I see pandora bracelets on someone, I don't think "ewe that's terrible... Hate it" I think, "not for me" you rock your pandora!

Thanks, AmysBling! I appreciate your comment.

I will rock my "ugly" bracelets and necklace and welcome all the compliments I hear in everyday life, as well as enjoy looking at each and every charm knowing that my loved ones gave them to me to commemorate certain times, and I will love the fact that I purchased several to mark certain other monumental occasions. Gee, to use this thread to say any trend is "ugly" just blows my mind. But I guess that's a sign of my upbringing. I was raised to feel free to voice my opinions, but also raised to be gracious. ;))

Edited to add a winking emoticon after my last sentence (last paragraph.)

Yeah, I'm kind of with you on this one Monarch...that's why when I first saw this thread, I didn't even venture in at first. But of course I ended up in it anyway.

I have a Pandora bracelet, and I like it. Some people think they're really that ugly, huh? I can see not liking them, but I didn't think they're so bad that people would hate them so much. But ok, that's fine. One of the great things about getting older is that you really, really don't care what other people think. I'm not bothered in the least by the negative comments, but I just think these threads have the potential to make people feel bad.

I think it would be rude and ungracious if you posted your jewelry and someone commented that they think it's ugly or they hate the trend. But this was just a general thread talking about trends you don't like. I don't think it was meant to specifically attack anyone or their jewelry.

There's a similar thread going on in BWW about bridal trends. A lot of people said they can't stand sand ceremonies. FI and I are thinking about doing one, and reading that didn't affect my thoughts on it. It's okay if they don't like it.

If we all had the same taste in everything, the world would be VERY boring!
 

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
3,081
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't understand the plastic watches everyone has in different colors.. Why?

A girl a work with has a purple one with a zebra print face and rhinestones all around it. Ack!!
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

merilenda|1305134781|2918698 said:
junebug17|1305133675|2918664 said:
monarch64|1305093995|2918235 said:
Amys Bling|1305028470|2917205 said:
Monarch- when I see pandora bracelets on someone, I don't think "ewe that's terrible... Hate it" I think, "not for me" you rock your pandora!

Thanks, AmysBling! I appreciate your comment.

I will rock my "ugly" bracelets and necklace and welcome all the compliments I hear in everyday life, as well as enjoy looking at each and every charm knowing that my loved ones gave them to me to commemorate certain times, and I will love the fact that I purchased several to mark certain other monumental occasions. Gee, to use this thread to say any trend is "ugly" just blows my mind. But I guess that's a sign of my upbringing. I was raised to feel free to voice my opinions, but also raised to be gracious. ;))

Edited to add a winking emoticon after my last sentence (last paragraph.)

Yeah, I'm kind of with you on this one Monarch...that's why when I first saw this thread, I didn't even venture in at first. But of course I ended up in it anyway.

I have a Pandora bracelet, and I like it. Some people think they're really that ugly, huh? I can see not liking them, but I didn't think they're so bad that people would hate them so much. But ok, that's fine. One of the great things about getting older is that you really, really don't care what other people think. I'm not bothered in the least by the negative comments, but I just think these threads have the potential to make people feel bad.

I think it would be rude and ungracious if you posted your jewelry and someone commented that they think it's ugly or they hate the trend. But this was just a general thread talking about trends you don't like. I don't think it was meant to specifically attack anyone or their jewelry.

There's a similar thread going on in BWW about bridal trends. A lot of people said they can't stand sand ceremonies. FI and I are thinking about doing one, and reading that didn't affect my thoughts on it. It's okay if they don't like it.

If we all had the same taste in everything, the world would be VERY boring!

Indeed - guys, I didn't start this to backbite, I just REALLY needed to vent about poor grammar on the Bezet/bezel question and what I can only assume is a cross between the ignorance of sellers and their taking advantage of the ignorance of buyers on the upside-down stones = rose-cuts issue! I can't say it's quite the same thing to have a gently snarky general thread as it would be to go into somebody's celebratory SMTB thread and sound off ... but I do apologize if anybody's offended. Olive branch?
 

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
8,087
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OUpeargirl|1305135274|2918710 said:
I don't understand the plastic watches everyone has in different colors.. Why?

A girl a work with has a purple one with a zebra print face and rhinestones all around it. Ack!!


Niiiiiiiice! That sounds so over-the-top that I think I'd love it!
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I believe that there is great value in the fact that we feel comfortable enough here on PS to voice dissenting opinions. Of course, there is a time and a place for these opinions, and this thread is a great example of that time and place.

I really like reading about people's true feelings about jewelry trends because it's interesting to compare them to my own taste. I also think it's an important reminder that *our* perceptions are not the only ones around.

I'm not at all bothered by the fact that some people hate thin shanks or believe rose gold isn't a good choice for everyday wear, I still love my rings, but it is interesting to note these differences and to gain insight into the way other people perceive popular jewelry.
 

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
476
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I really don't like DBTY bracelets or necklaces. I remember in middle school (I think. maybe high school) a lot of girls wore fake versions of it, and for some reason I just can't stand it. I know they are very popular here in PS land, so I am probably in the minority. I actually haven't seen one IRL for many years. I have seen them in Tiffanys, but not ON a real person.

I don't really care for Pandora or any charm bracelets. Never have, never will.

I also don't get the teeny, tiny shanks. They are pretty, but don't seem practical at all. Plus, unless your fingers are skin and bones, it seems as though they are not the most flattering style.

I actually like the white ceramic watch trend! I don't have one, because I know they will soon go out and become very outdated. That would, IMO, be a waste of money.
 

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
6,105
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No one here was dissing, on purpose, anyone else's jewelry choice. No one here had to state what they owned and loved - - just what they personally didn't like. Any connections between what posters don't like and what someone here owns and wears, well, the owner/wearer drew that connection themselves.

Let's not ask the question, ask for honesty, and then shoot the posters who answer.

Now, off my soapbox to continue with my dislikes . . . ginormous pieces of jewelry. Huge earrings, arms full of clanging bangles, rings on every finger, etc. By the same token, teeny-tiny little girly jewelry, like diamond studs the size of pinheads. "Fashion" jewelry meant to be over-the-top with rhinestones, shockingly bright colors, in plastic or base metal. Brighton nickel-silver jewelry; more expensive than sterling and guaranteed to tarnish. Huge watch faces. The requisite summer jewelry of tribal or island inspiration . . . meh.
 

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
8,035
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HollyS|1305149625|2919001 said:
No one here was dissing, on purpose, anyone else's jewelry choice. No one here had to state what they owned and loved - - just what they personally didn't like. Any connections between what posters don't like and what someone here owns and wears, well, the owner/wearer drew that connection themselves.

Let's not ask the question, ask for honesty, and then shoot the posters who answer.

Now, off my soapbox to continue with my dislikes . . . ginormous pieces of jewelry. Huge earrings, arms full of clanging bangles, rings on every finger, etc. By the same token, teeny-tiny little girly jewelry, like diamond studs the size of pinheads. "Fashion" jewelry meant to be over-the-top with rhinestones, shockingly bright colors, in plastic or base metal. Brighton nickel-silver jewelry; more expensive than sterling and guaranteed to tarnish. Huge watch faces. The requisite summer jewelry of tribal or island inspiration . . . meh.

Holly, I definitely read that last line as "The requisite summer jewelry of tribal or salad inspiration..." and wondered who the HECK you're hanging out with (and what on Earth that would look like).
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

iugurl|1305140762|2918849 said:
I really don't like DBTY bracelets or necklaces. I remember in middle school (I think. maybe high school) a lot of girls wore fake versions of it, and for some reason I just can't stand it. I know they are very popular here in PS land, so I am probably in the minority. I actually haven't seen one IRL for many years. I have seen them in Tiffanys, but not ON a real person.

I don't really care for Pandora or any charm bracelets. Never have, never will.

I also don't get the teeny, tiny shanks. They are pretty, but don't seem practical at all. Plus, unless your fingers are skin and bones, it seems as though they are not the most flattering style.

I actually like the white ceramic watch trend! I don't have one, because I know they will soon go out and become very outdated. That would, IMO, be a waste of money.


Just to continue with the "offending others theme".

1. I love DBTY bracelets and am having one made as we speak! :errrr: lol
2. I have a teen tiny shank on my ERing... :errrr: ( I also do have very slim fingers though, 4.75 and long fingers)
3. I own a white ceramic watch .... :errrr: . lol

I'm not offendxed by anthing you said- I am sure that there are things I am not a fan of, that you and others love and own many of. To each his own. I just think it's interesting to see what everyone is not into at the moment-
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
19,339
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Once more, I am not offended. The only issue I have is with people calling jewelry they dislike "ugly." There are more respectful ways of expressing opinions.
 

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,693
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't care for princess cuts or the illusion setting.

I really don't like the "Mother's rings". My husband got one for me. We have one child and he put in our birthdays, the month we met, married...oy. I've never worn it. What a waste.

Charm/Pandora of Chamilia bracelets. Just not for me. I don't like jangly things on my wrist. Maybe it's because I have severe RA in my hands.

I do not get the Jane Seymour Open Hearts look. To me they look like a rear end. Not my style.
 

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
6,059
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Amber St. Clare|1305221001|2919795 said:
I really don't like the "Mother's rings". My husband got one for me. We have one child and he put in our birthdays, the month we met, married...oy. I've never worn it. What a waste.

That seems incredibly harsh, considering he obviously put thought into it...
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top