shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel ring help needed

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My field is color perception. Here are some thoughts that might be helpful.

When contrast in tone (tone = light to dark scale) is increased in neighboring objects, our eyes don't register subtle color variations in those objects. Think of this as a visual slight of hand. We see the light/dark contrast right away and that's where our thoughts are directed. There is only so much sensory intake humans can focus on at one time, so we don't perceive the color nearly as much (color takes a back seat) when contrast in tone is heightened.

Contrast in color of neighboring objects has the opposite affect -- it accentuates the color difference between the objects. For example if you have a yellow object and you place a purple object next to it (purple is the opposite of yellow) then your yellow object will look much more yellow. If you do the opposite and place a yellow-er object down next to your original mildly yellow object, then the original object will appear much less yellow. Color is relative.

So what does this mean for your ring? I think you won't notice the warmth of your current diamond if you halo it with a contrasting tone, (a darker stone) and the more contrasting, the less you will notice your diamond's warmth.

You can make your diamond appear cooler in color by placing warmer colored stones next to it. (You may not like the color combination this creates, but that's a different matter.)

You probably already know all of this, but I thought I'd post it just in case it is useful.

PS: I really like the emerald and ruby halos @Rfisher posted!

@RunningwithScissors I’d like to know your thoughts on lower colors regarding metal choice if one wanted to show or play up the contrast? Platinum, yellow or rose gold for diamonds in the OPQRST range?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Nikki1415 I’ll sell it. I need to make a loupe troop listing and I’ll list it on preloved.

I paid $1693 for the stone and $190 for the setting for a total of $1864

So forget the setting (you can have it or I can remove the stone, whichever, or you can have the setting for free).

B2C’s upgrade policy is you pay a 20% restocking fee.

I’m asking $1350. PP business and I’ll pay the fees to protect us both. I’ll pay to send registered mail. (Slow but insured).

I’ll go make a post on preloved and then loupe troop and link it back here.

If you don’t want it, change your mind or whatever, seriously, no harm/no foul. I’ll trade it in then.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results