shape
carat
color
clarity

Transitional cut diamond?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going with what @Dreamer_D said about that ring @lovedogs but it is very pretty, perhaps not the quilty look you are aiming for.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven't seen this one posted yet, but maybe an option?
1712246319408.png

This is very intriguing! EDIT I looked at the photos and i think this one has a more classic OEC look across the photos. The main photo shows a little of the pattern you want but overall I think it will look like a classic OEC (table size, culet, crown height)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if this has been posted already. Pics aren’t great! I saved it and they sent me an offer for $1500

IMG_9943.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry if this has been posted already. Pics aren’t great! I saved it and they sent me an offer for $1500

IMG_9943.png

Yes, I have it on my wishlist/watch list! Thanks!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a floral beauty. It's not transitional but it looks like a stunner, anyhow.
I still really like something about #3, what's pricing like on that one?

Pricing is good! Under 2800!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This looks a bit shallow but it has some size. Ya, know what looking at this it looks like an early 60/60 instead? It's cheapish, though.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks a bit shallow but it has some size. Ya, know what looking at this it looks like an early 60/60 instead? It's cheapish, though.

Thanks! I have the 2nd one saved because I think the facet pattern definitely has potential

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear lord I love this setting soooo much. The carving is everything. @Dreamer_D @YadaYadaYada @MakingTheGrade is there any hope this facet pattern will work for me? My mind says no but the setting is just so so good.

Screenshot_20240406_220022_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240406_220046_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_220022_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_220022_eBay.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it’s the faceting you’re looking for although the setting is so beautiful.

Here is a question, have you seen a quilty transitional in person or just from pictures? Just curious because IRL I much prefer the faceting of this ring to my transitional:

41452D0C-0661-4385-A681-3430E6E8266D.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it’s the faceting you’re looking for although the setting is so beautiful.

Here is a question, have you seen a quilty transitional in person or just from pictures? Just curious because IRL I much prefer the faceting of this ring to my transitional:

41452D0C-0661-4385-A681-3430E6E8266D.jpeg

That faceting works for me! It's not as floral (to my eye) as a traditional OEC. I see more patterns/squares here than in a normal OEC so I eould be totally happy w something that looked like this!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I posted this ring somebody who has a similar cut commented on it and told me it was the same cut as theirs, not a typical OEC. I could be remembering wrong though. However having another cut possibility will open up a lot more potential rings/stones for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that stone has potential, though the center worries me.

Yadda brings up a good point about seeing stones in person. That kind of quilt pattern you are hankering for is like a fleeting thing you might see in macro photos standing under a tree! With oldies I sort of like to evaluate them each in their own merits. I’d one could se searching a lifetime!

I love that setting. The diamond I’m not as wild about. I think the center will be very lazy.

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That faceting works for me! It's not as floral (to my eye) as a traditional OEC. I see more patterns/squares here than in a normal OEC so I eould be totally happy w something that looked like this!

Yadda’s is an early American cut likely cut a little before mine. It is a bit more OEC like and mine a little more MRB. Probably cut in the 1910s to 1920s. This is the cut I’ve been pushing on you

Here is a thread showcasing a couple of diamonds in this family of cuts, one of which is mine:

Well, Dreamer and I got together again yesterday and, just like last time, we had so much fun! Dreamer's ring and diamond are out of this world beautiful -- I have no words to say how much I love her ring! I actually asked her if she wanted to trade. Seeing her setting just cemented in my mind that I absolutely need to reset my OEC. The setting is okay, but it isn't fabulous like Dreamer's and my diamond needs a fabulous setting! As for the diamonds, they really could be related -- while there are some minor differences, they are very clearly two of a kind. We figured that my stone might have been cut 10-15 years earlier than Dreamer's, but to the casual observer they would probably look like twins. Her stone has so much fire and the facets are so crisp! And have I mentioned how much I love her setting? Okay, enough with the commentary and on with the photos!

d_amp_d_s4.jpg

d_amp_d_s1.jpg

rainbowcolors.jpg

shimmers.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Dreamer_D, that’s what I was trying to think of…American cut. You are a wealth of knowledge, and I mean that sincerely.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this one? I think it’s similar to mine, not sure if it’s big enough for you though:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this one? I think it’s similar to mine, not sure if it’s big enough for you though:

I've asked for a video 3x of this stone (email, IG, ebay) and have heard crickets. I really like this one but I'm super annoyed that they aren't responding to me at all

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I got really obsessed with old cuts about a decade ago and I'm super happy to pass along what I learned! I just wish I could afford to collect more :evil2:

I witnessed some of your journey back then. Good times.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The left one looks like a transitional cut?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The left one looks like a transitional cut?

Yes a pretty one I’d wager! Good value here as you could remove the transitional cut and set a sapphire or sell the mounting and remaining stone.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I've asked for a video 3x of this stone (email, IG, ebay) and have heard crickets. I really like this one but I'm super annoyed that they aren't responding to me at all

Hope they get back to you… I once had a similar experience and there ended up being a good reason. Stick with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results