shape
carat
color
clarity

Topaz Project Progress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas and good wishes, everyone. You''ve really helped me nail down what would be just right for this project! I''ll keep you posted as things progress!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!!

I think I would definitely do a white metal with it. I love the wintery ice white of white topaz. A PS'er recently did a dro dead gorgeous white topaz ring in a snowfake inspired setting, in all white gold. OMG, it was TDF.

As a mother of twins, I'm deeply touched by your story of the babies.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
THIS is also interesting, looks like clover. You could have asschers either up and down, or left and right, and a round stone in the middle. Those other two "petals" could be just metal in some nice finish and/or texture, or you could have two and two stones, one for each of you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see things progress Indy. Aqua would be such a nice addition since it would contrast with the colourless topaz. And I like the idea of rose gold or a really high carat yellow gold... the vibrancy of those golds is so great and seems so precious compared to white gold or platinum, which is perfect for this project.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi IG, I''m glad I was able to help and what that design would represent to you is beautiful. I love that pendant design so much. I actually bought a few loose stones to have that necklace custom made (haven''t done it yet though). Tiffany''s stones in that setting were super small in person, I thought it would look fab with stone in the 6 - 9 mm range. I received quotes from both WF and Quest, this was last summer and I believe WF was around 1100 and Quest was 700 both for 18 kt WG. Hope that helps. I can''t wait to see your finished piece!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 8:13:41 AM
Author: Independent Gal
(totally irrelevant, totally gratuitous ... this came up when I was searching on the Tiff site for that ring and I just had to share.... HOLY SHMOOOO P''scopers! Would you look at these?!? ... Oh no. I was about to make a horrifically inappropriate joke about how I''d sell my first born for them... but I guess I''m going to have to expunge that joke from my vocabulary. What is with me and the gallows humor, anyway.)
Absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of "gallows" humour. I used to work in an X-ray dept, right next door to A & E. Lots of gallows humour there - didn''t mean we cared any the less.

And for those earrings I''d happily swap my first born! That will teach him for forgetting my B-day!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Did you see this thread IG? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-asscher-5-stone-necklace-arrives-tomorrow.100419/

It''s not quite what you have in mind, but should give you a bit of a flavour for how those asschers will look. I think the aqua will look lovely with the topaz asshers. I''ve never seen an aqua in rose coloured gold though, so have to reserve judgement on that idea.

Here''s another beautiful pendant thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-blue-gray-spinel-and-diamond-custom-necklace-project.41612/
Fabulous workmanship!

I loved the pearl lariat necklace you posted, I think that style will look gorgeous.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here are the white topaz stones Jeff White cut for me. I was deeply touched by his kindness and generosity in helping me with this project. I really can''t recommend him highly enough.

whitetopazpair.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:46:14 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Here are the white topaz stones Jeff White cut for me. I was deeply touched by his kindness and generosity in helping me with this project. I really can''t recommend him highly enough.
OH, Indy! Those turned out gorgeous!!!!!! I can''t wait to see them set!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy, they are beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Those stones are beautiful. What a lovely piece they will make to honor your sons.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Indy, they are beautiful!! Jeff indeed is a kind man.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Indy - those stones are beautiful, what a touching and perfect way to memorialize your sweet boys so they will always be with you. Jeff sounds like a lovely man.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowee, those are gorgeous! What are the like in person? I am curious about how the light return looks compared to other colourless gems... do they send off fire or is it more white sparkles? I would love to see real life pictures when you get a chance.

PS: GREAT to see you here again!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful stones! Your story is deeply touching to me. I think this is a beautiful way of keeping the memory of your sons close to your heart. I love the symbolism. I wish you all the best. By the way, gallows humor is great.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG,
I''ve been thinking about you! The stones are beautiful and fitting. And, yes, Jeff is a great guy.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Those are amazing!! I am very eager to see how this project turns out!! Its going to be magnificent

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Indy those stones are gorgeous! They will make a wonderful piece to remember your boys.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Indy they are gorgeous! Very happy you have such lovely stones for your project. Jeff is just great.
1.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Indy they turned out beautifully!!
30.gif
30.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow those are such lovely stones! I can''t wait to see the finished piece. This will be a lovely memorial to your sons.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they turned out gorgeous.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones and a wonderful way stones and a wonderful way to remember your sons....I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ditto everyone else, those stones turned out fabulous - that is my fave cut of Jeff''s.
Indy, I can''t wait to see what direction you go, what a great idea to commemorate your precious sons'' lives.
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results