shape
carat
color
clarity

Top 5 jewelry staples?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Haha - I like this thread! I'm a minimalist too, and at this point, I only have one fully completed piece for my top 5 list :lol:

I have my e-ring (1 piece), and then one diamond for my diamond stud project (so about .5 a piece), and I just got a little .2 ct stone that will be part of a small 1 ctw diamond drop earring project (so about .2 of a piece).

So I guess I have 1.7 jewelry staples? Lol.

I do think I'm getting close to buying a nice watch, so maybe I'll have 2.7 items soon :D

IMG-7141.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never realized I was such a maximalist. I can't even choose just 5 necklaces & I can't even wear necklaces anymore!

This minimalist thing is unnatural anyway :lol-2:
Why can you wear necklaces anymore ? :(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So if i had to choose today right now - and i feel so bad leaving some much loved pieces out :(2
also just for my own modesty i could not post these pictures right after The Queen's diamonds :lol-2:

My inherited across 3 generations wedding set 20220602_110921.jpg

And my emerald/ diamond mealie ring - i just get a lot of pleasure looking at that one
My phone takes terrible photos :boohoo:

Because i can't quute lay my hands on my cherry amber (waiting to be restrung) I'll go with mum's pearls, because pearls are so versatile (they also need restringing but at least they are together :lol-2: )
when i open the box they smell like stale white diamonds because mum possibly never got the 'last on' memo :lol-2: 20220602_111536.jpg

My pearl studs which were a very generous PS gift - probably the nicest pearls i will ever own :kiss2: - probably the nicest thing in my jewel box

With my silver cuff
That hardly ever gets taken off so she has more than proved her worth - year she has a few scratches - because she gets to go out every day and live :lol-2:
20220602_111116.jpg
So there you go
i tried my best to abide by the rules
i do not like this game :lol-2:

Last edited:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
What's the story behind the pink saphire being replaced ?

The jeweller who set it into the trilogy chipped it. :(sad There are no lapidaries here in my area and shipping it outside of the Philippines (and back) to get repaired would have cost just as much as a new stone so I just bought another precision cut sapphire to replace it. On the bright side, the replacement is a beautiful baby pink/lavender sapphire which my bf and I both love very much. I just hate that we had to spend MORE on it again :wall:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jeweller who set it into the trilogy chipped it. :(sad There are no lapidaries here in my area and shipping it outside of the Philippines (and back) to get repaired would have cost just as much as a new stone so I just bought another precision cut sapphire to replace it. On the bright side, the replacement is a beautiful baby pink/lavender sapphire which my bf and I both love very much. I just hate that we had to spend MORE on it again :wall:

I totally get that
But im glad you can make it right

and meantime it is super lovelly

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar ring I had made
My asscher and sapphire ring I designed
Ruby and diamond oval necklace
wedding set (original)
clay necklace my daughter made when she was little

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone say jewels and staples?

a.png
How does one even find this picture. Kenny, please share what your targeted ads look like for the next few days :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just entered jeweled stapler into Google.:wavey:

Google gets the credit for IMO the most amazing algorithm ever written. :clap:
It's become so useful we just take it for granted, somewhat like oxygen.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just entered jeweled stapler into Google.:wavey:

Google gets the credit for IMO the most amazing algorithm ever written. :clap:
It's become so useful we just take it for granted, somewhat like oxygen.

Ohhh cut desk accessories.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
So if i had to choose today right now - and i feel so bad leaving some much loved pieces out :(2
also just for my own modesty i could not post these pictures right after The Queen's diamonds :lol-2:

My inherited across 3 generations wedding set 20220602_110921.jpg

And my emerald/ diamond mealie ring - i just get a lot of pleasure looking at that one
My phone takes terrible photos :boohoo:

Because i can't quute lay my hands on my cherry amber (waiting to be restrung) I'll go with mum's pearls, because pearls are so versatile (they also need restringing but at least they are together :lol-2: )
when i open the box they smell like stale white diamonds because mum possibly never got the 'last on' memo :lol-2: 20220602_111536.jpg

My pearl studs which were a very generous PS gift - probably the nicest pearls i will ever own :kiss2: - probably the nicest thing in my jewel box

With my silver cuff
That hardly ever gets taken off so she has more than proved her worth - year she has a few scratches - because she gets to go out every day and live :lol-2:
20220602_111116.jpg
So there you go
i tried my best to abide by the rules
i do not like this game :lol-2:

That cuff has patina, it looks so rich. And the pearl earrings are really lovely. But that emerald ring - the color!!
I can't play this game either. I spent months picking out every crummy thing I own.

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
I'm kind of a minimalist. I would like to know what your top 5 jewelry staples are. Wedding set counts as 1 item. I saw the non negotiable thread. However, I'm wondering if you had only 10 minutes to choose 5 items of jewelry, to take with you, and never were to return for the rest of the collection; what would you guys take? And why? Let's add an additional twist, you would only be able to keep these 5 pieces and no additional jewelry could ever be bought.
Wishlist items are acceptable.
Do we have to include our watch as jewelry? Dang … can we count wedding set as one ?

1) original antique sapphire engagement ring with grandma’s platinum band

2) diamond anniversary wedding set

3) diamond stud earrings

4) antique / vintage pearls necklace from something borrowed

5) diamond pendant necklace

000Ed

Rough_Rock
1.studs-my nicer CZ and diamond studs
2.maybe a pair of 1/2 basic hoops or 2
3.stone studs/hematite or onyx
4.my boyfriend ring from Maya
5.hematite rings

tomato

Shiny_Rock
1.studs-my nicer CZ and diamond studs
2.maybe a pair of 1/2 basic hoops or 2
3.stone studs/hematite or onyx
4.my boyfriend ring from Maya
5.hematite rings

This thread is almost 2 years old. You may have better luck starting a new one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results