shape
carat
color
clarity

Top 5 jewelry staples?

lunamortua

Rough_Rock
I'm kind of a minimalist. I would like to know what your top 5 jewelry staples are. Wedding set counts as 1 item. I saw the non negotiable thread. However, I'm wondering if you had only 10 minutes to choose 5 items of jewelry, to take with you, and never were to return for the rest of the collection; what would you guys take? And why? Let's add an additional twist, you would only be able to keep these 5 pieces and no additional jewelry could ever be bought.
Wishlist items are acceptable.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's harsh girl :lol-2:

I'm like the opposite of a minimalist so i read those capsule threads in wonder :lol-2:

And im not married or engaged so no wedding set on my hand :boohoo:

So I'll bend the rules ... or cheat
I'll take my great grandmother's gold and saphire wedding ring and my grandma's ER (that's one? right !)

My signature silver cuff i wear 24/7

now i have 3 pairs of ear piercings - so thats one set too ! :lol-2:
I don't own nice diamond earings so they can stay behind !
I'll take my 18k gold box chain earings Gary gave me many years ago, then my Andrew Molian (i don't think ive spelt him quite right) pearl earings, then well they won't match but my MIL's silver hoops

So that's 3 out of 5
Hmmm
my silver and lab saphire braclete because its just so blue
Hmmm
no
.. i should i go with another ring instead ... the saphire eternity band dad gave mum when i was born... or can that be part of my 'wedding set'

I guess mum's pearl necklace - i think they are akoya ? Not as nice as the earings

This is going to be a really borring rest of my life just sayin' :lol-2:
Nope im going to go with my cherry amber necklace

So ive got one more ?
I suck at this
Im not a fan of the apocalypse

I need to go buy a really nice brooch.

This is so hard !

A right hand ring i guess
Index finger
coloured stone ?
tossing up between my emerald white gold or just go with my fun gold and diamond mealie ring i wear all the time - both rings have great finger coverage

im.not sure i want to live in this brave new world ......

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread!

A ring (a right hand ring with diamonds only for me personally)
A pair of earrings (a pair of studs plus a pair of earring jackets to bling them up count as one)
A bracelet or bangle (a tennis bracelet would be my choice)
A pendant

The last one is tough, as my left hand is bare, and I would like to wear a CS ring and a nice dress watch in that hand.

DK =)2

Studs and wedding set are easy must haves (though I’m not married myself haha but perhaps someday lol). After that I would pick a diamond bracelet of some kind - most likely a tennis bracelet that I don’t have yet but I want to obtain. Last two would be one dress watch (leather or steel with some amount of pave) and one necklace of some kind.. maybe a tennis necklace as another “staple”?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we're talking about our own collections, I would take my e-ring and wedding band, diamond eternity RHR, tennis bracelet, diamond pendant/necklace, and ruby and diamond earrings.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I “play” this game myself, what would I keep if allowed only 10 items.
If I can only have 5.
1. Engagement Ring
2. Opal bracelet
3. Alexandrite and diamond bracelet
4. Blue Sapphire and diamond ring
5. Lady and the Tiger watch.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
1. Bostitch
2. Stanley
3. Swingline
4. Boston
5. Arrow

Putting them on is a real pain.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My original wedding set
diamond studs
my round diamond other e-ring
my favorite gold south sea pearl studs
Who am I kidding? I'm going to cheat and throw all the rest of everything I can grab down my pants and smuggle it out anyhow.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thankfully, all my pieces are stored in a jewelry box together each night, so I’d just grab the jewelry box! But to answer your question:
1. Wedding set
2. My solitaire pendant with my original e-ring diamond
3. Diamond studs
4. Tennis bracelet
5. Art Deco sapphire cocktail ring

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
7BE7443A-663C-4E20-9751-D43445E27147.jpeg

L-to-R: Lilliana, Sophia, my wedding set from my marriage to my late husband (and his ring), my great-grandmother’s diamond cross, and my grandmother’s wedding band

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding set, diamond tennis bracelet is a must, solitaire diamond necklace, Tiffany pearl ring (I must have at least one pearl item), diamond studs, and a Cartier Love bracelet.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Wedding set (solitaire, wedding & eternity rings)
2. Diamond studs
3. Diamond pendant
4. A bracelet or bangle, though not sure which one?
5. Great Aunts antique pearl & OEC ring.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
3 rings (emerald cut/ emerald oec dinner ring/ oec ring) and a riviera necklace.

3 out of 4 were acquired after joining PS :lol-2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Excluding sentimental items like wedding ring, heirlooms, etc….

1. HG asscher ring
2. AVC RHR
3. Black opal pendant
4. Sapphire tennis bracelet
5. [Future project] 3-stone AVR middle finger ring. I have the center (1.21ct LGD) and one side (0.72 EGD).

—-

@DejaWiz Dude you gotta get yourself some jewelry.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread!

A ring (a right hand ring with diamonds only for me personally)
A pair of earrings (a pair of studs plus a pair of earring jackets to bling them up count as one)
A bracelet or bangle (a tennis bracelet would be my choice)
A pendant

The last one is tough, as my left hand is bare, and I would like to wear a CS ring and a nice dress watch in that hand.

DK =)2

I would drop the pendant and replace it with a CS ring, then the nice dress watch would be No. 5.

DK :))

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
1. Wedding set (solitaire, wedding & eternity rings)
2. Diamond studs
3. Diamond pendant
4. A bracelet or bangle, though not sure which one?
5. Great Aunts antique pearl & OEC ring.

This. 1-4 for me as I do not have a great Aunt.

However a disclaimer with this should be, at what carat size does one stop at for each piece

DutchJackie

Rough_Rock
Wedding band/set, RHR, huggies, stud earrings, necklace with pendant or pendants when cheating :bigsmile:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is worthless without pics!!!:lol-2:
20220528_102426.jpg

Cartier amulette necklace
Cartier legers bracelet
Mahenge spinel ring
Jedi spinel ring
18K WG custom diamond earrings

The diamonds in the earrings are possibly a hard pass from PS standards but they were a sentimental gift and I happily wear them everyday

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My staples are based on the fact that I LOVE diamonds and I like jewellery I can see. I’m currently working on my perfect minimalist fine jewellery collection. My 5 picks would be:
1. Diamond eternity ring. Mine acts as both wedding and engagement ring. Set in platinum of 0.25 carat stones, it totals 3.76 carats.
2. Statement ring - for me this is a diamond solitaire ring. A 2.6+ carat old European cut I found it a pawn shop for a song. It’s girdles needed a bit of a polish so she lost a little weight, but I didn’t think I’d ever be lucky enough to have one.
3. Diamond tennis bracelet - well which jewellery lover wouldn’t want one?!
4. Diamond cluster studs - I have gargantuan earlobes and the 2 carat total studs I could afford would barely cover them. I happened upon a pair of antique cluster studs, thought to be components of an antique tiara.
5. Gold bracelet- for when too many diamonds are not appropriate. Also to stack with the tennis. I still haven’t received mine yet, I purchased it a few months back and will collect it next week.

I tend to live in polo neck jumpers so no necklaces for me. If I was allowed to pick another jewellery piece, it would be a very thin diamond tennis necklace, just to make the collection complete. I’d also add coloured side stones to my solitaire, just so my collection isn’t so plain. However, as it stands I’m happy with my 5 staples

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results