shape
carat
color
clarity

Too blah? Need wedding earring help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I got a pair of earrings awhile ago, but haven''t been able to find anything else since. I could really use all your shopping and sleuthing skills...

Earrings wil be the only jewelry I wear with my dress. To refresh your memory, my hair will be up like in these photos and since I have no idea where the dress thread went (I may be blind today, I''ll post the dress after the earrings.) I am wondering if these earrings are too simple or boring? I would like dangly and visible, but wonder if I get something too ornate, it will be too busy for the simplicity of the dress. My budget for the earrings is 100 bucks. OK, here are the earrings...

IMG_1555.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooops, sorry about all that hair in the way. Here they are by themselves...

IMG_1557.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want anything too crystal-y or overly shiny. I did some sleuthing on PS last night and found these recommend by Matatora. You can see her thread with an ear shot here. But after looking at it more closely, I thought it may be too modern for the romantic hair-do...

honoraearrings.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally, here is the pic of me in the dress. I appreciate any help you gals could give me!

IMG_1503SMALLa.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this thread. I LOVE the earrings Lovelylulu found on Elizabeth Showers. She also mentioned them on her "post wedding" wrap up of vendors. I looked at the site & they are well priced, but gold tone? Not sure if you were set on a white-ish metal??

Her hairstyle is similar too ... puffy heart the idea of pearl chandelier drops!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I just purchased mine this past weekend at the MB Villiage Macy''s. I actually bought two pairs, as I couldn''t decide! The jewelry line that had the most "potentials" was Givenchy. I spent about $35/pair.

But honestly, I REALLY like yours!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post pics, Chargergrrl? I would love to see!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
sure!
I''ll take some tonite at home.

My jewelry will only also be earrings, but I''m pairing that up with a sparkly headpiece (don''t want to call it a tiara!) that has a vine/flower crystal design (kinda matches my dress). I''m wearing my hair half up/down.

It''s somewhat of a different look than what you''re going for, but I think that jewelry line would work!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think I would want a slightly bigger, more dangle-ly earrings than yours for your dress. Your earrings just look too simple to me.

How about something like this?
1146073187111_1.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your earrings look a bit too casual to me. I''d take that $100 and go to Macy''s!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
From Swarovski:
869834W240.jpg
1515286W240.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I got my jewelry from Stephanie at www.springdream.com -- she will customize something for you, she's super nice, and her work is just gorgeous!! I definitely recommend her!

ETA: My wedding photos are here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wow-what-a-day.51006/ so you can see how the jewelry looks on instead of just flat on a table. Note, I actally decided to add some light blue swarovskis to my earrings (my something blue!), so they are actually longer now than in the photo posted here.)

ellaila_necklace (Small).jpg

griffitk

Rough_Rock
I really liked the jewlery I found on this site today: http://www.annabellagio.com/

They have a neat feature where you can fill out a questionare about your "style" and it makes suggestions for you... hth! :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pair you bought is cute, but you could use a little more bling. What about a necklace, will it be hard to find something that matches? A necklace would be a way to jazz it up.

I also really like the look of these earrings with your dress:

http://www.annabellagio.com/product/016711.shtml

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone...I am going to check out some of these links. Looked at some last night and liked what I saw, but I was so pooped!

I did go to Macy''s in Manhattan Beach yesterday and found another possible pair. These swarovski earrings are more glittery, but not as well made. They are also half the price of the Robin Coady''s. Does this kind earring look better, or is it too much in the other direction?

IMG_1560.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
earshot.

IMG_1562.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
The earrings you just posted are very very pretty! And I honestly think they will go well with the dress. Knowing that you want it not to be so very formal, I think the earrings are the perfect way to *dress up* your gown. And I am on the same page with you: I love dangly (sp?) earrings with no necklace. Love the dress by the way!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 2:26:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks everyone...I am going to check out some of these links. Looked at some last night and liked what I saw, but I was so pooped!

I did go to Macy''s in Manhattan Beach yesterday and found another possible pair. These swarovski earrings are more glittery, but not as well made. They are also half the price of the Robin Coady''s. Does this kind earring look better, or is it too much in the other direction?
too funny- these were in my "maybe" pile at the store but decided to go with 2 of the givenchy pairs. I like the "added dangle", not too much at all!

still trying to find my camera to take pics of mine- sorry!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results