color
clarity

Tomorrow Wikileaks may destroy Clinton's chances

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1475601186|4083552 said:
kenny|1475526551|4083292 said:
Tomorrow Julian Assange, Editor-in-Chief of Wikileaks, will release documents reported to be very damaging to Clinton's campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/will-wikileaks-assange-delay-october-surprise-announcement.html

I'm all for Trump not winning ... but I totally support Wikileaks leaking the filth about ALL the rich and powerful that they want to keep secret.

Doing bad things is bad, whether it's a rich and powerful person or a rich and powerful country, including my own.
I love my country, but I also love all humans on the planet.
I prefer the bumper sticker, "God Bless Everyone" to "God Bless America".
That make me patriotic, in the best way.

IMO Assange is a hero.

If Trump gets elected because of tomorrow's revelations I'll be bummed, but I'll still consider Assange a hero.
Perhaps he'll really make a difference and the rich and powerful individuals and countries will clean up their acts.
But, let's not hold our breath.

Still think Assange is a hero?
Not sure why you ask this.
Perhaps it's because what Assange said today wasn't the smoking canon Clinton-Death-Blow that Trump supporters expected and stayed up all night to hear.

Instead, Assange said he'll be releasing documents regularly up till the election.
He also said something to the effect of he is not a Clinton-Hater.
Big Whoop!

Not sure why this prompts your question.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1475605515|4083603 said:
sstephensid|1475601186|4083552 said:
kenny|1475526551|4083292 said:
Tomorrow Julian Assange, Editor-in-Chief of Wikileaks, will release documents reported to be very damaging to Clinton's campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/will-wikileaks-assange-delay-october-surprise-announcement.html

I'm all for Trump not winning ... but I totally support Wikileaks leaking the filth about ALL the rich and powerful that they want to keep secret.

Doing bad things is bad, whether it's a rich and powerful person or a rich and powerful country, including my own.
I love my country, but I also love all humans on the planet.
I prefer the bumper sticker, "God Bless Everyone" to "God Bless America".
That make me patriotic, in the best way.

IMO Assange is a hero.

If Trump gets elected because of tomorrow's revelations I'll be bummed, but I'll still consider Assange a hero.
Perhaps he'll really make a difference and the rich and powerful individuals and countries will clean up their acts.
But, let's not hold our breath.

Still think Assange is a hero?
Not sure why you ask this.
Perhaps it's because what Assange said today wasn't the smoking canon Clinton-Death-Blow that Trump supporters expected and stayed up all night to hear.

Instead, Assange said he'll be releasing documents regularly up till the election.
He also said something to the effect of he is not a Clinton-Hater.
Big Whoop!

Not sure why this prompts your question.

He is accused of rape/sexual assault. He is seeking asylum so he doesn't have to face trial, not sure he's the kind of person who should be called a hero.

Also, if he really supports one candidate and dishes all sorts of dirt about the opponent while keeping mum about all the dirty things "his" candidate has done- again not sure it's heroic.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course rape is bad.

He's not been found guilty of it.
He IS guilty of revealing the secret dirty deeds of rich and powerful people & countries, and he claims he's being framed in retaliation.
That's entirely plausible.

If truly guilty of rape, yeah, he's off my hero list.
But we're innocent till proven guilty, no?
Plus, considering whom he's pissed off I'd have less confidence in the truth of a guilty verdict than any other trial in history of the universe ... but of course would accept the verdict since the system is all we have.

Next, a person is not just one thing.
His heroic and brave work is revealing dirty truths at ENORMOUS personal peril.
So like many others before him Assange may be guilty of both very good and very bad things.

I'm not certain of his bad side.
I am certain of his good side.

At this point I consider Assange to be a hero.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1475609390|4083630 said:
Of course rape is bad.

He IS guilty of revealing the secret dirty deeds of rich and powerful people & countries, and he claims he's being framed in retaliation.

Plus, considering whom he's pissed off I'd have less confidence in the truth of a guilty verdict than any other trial in history of the universe ... but of course would accept the verdict since the system is all we have.

So like many others before him Assange may be guilty of both very good and very bad things.

How can he be proven guilty when he is avoiding the very trial that would determine this?

Running is a pretty good indicator of guilt IMO.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1475613772|4083644 said:
Of course rape is bad.

How can he be proven guilty when he is avoiding the very trial that would determine this?

Usually I'd agree that running is a pretty good indicator of guilt.
I've already outlined a very sound reason he may be running.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1475617797|4083661 said:
House Cat|1475613772|4083644 said:
Of course rape is bad.

Usually I'd agree that running is a pretty good indicator of guilt.
I've already outlined a very sound reason he may be running.

He has lived in an embassy for 4 years to avoid trial. Is he willing to spend the rest of his life basically imprisoned in an embassy to avoid prison? I disagree that he has a sound reason to run. But as you say, we vary.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ho hum. That was anticlimactic.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Every supposed horrible crime Hillary Clinton has committed has turned out to be smoke and mirrors. I didn't expect this one to be any different.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1475683235|4083866 said:
Ho hum. That was anticlimactic.

So far it's been very anticlimactic.... I can't help wondering which side is buying him off. Most of his former Aussie teachers describe him as moody, arrogant and a narcissist.....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, now we know why Wikileaks didn't release anything earlier in the weak as promised... they were saving their big reveal in case it was needed as a counter-offensive against some other terrible Trumpism - such as the "hot mic" tape released today. Per Politico: Within minutes of the [hot mic] tape’s release, in what appeared to be a strategic counterstrike, WikiLeaks dumped more than 2,000 emails it claimed were hacked from top Clinton adviser John Podesta’s personal email account, and said they were only the first of 50,000. One message exchange appears to include Clinton’s advisers highlighting the potentially most damaging portions of her paid speeches, including those before Wall Street audiences.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-wapo-229299

It remains to be seen whether that's enough to derail today's big Trump story, his bragging about womanizing and - arguably - sexual assault, caught on tape:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-washington-posts-story-on-trumps-groping.226025/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results