Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Tomorrow Wikileaks may destroy Clinton's chances

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,179
Tomorrow Julian Assange, Editor-in-Chief of Wikileaks, will release documents reported to be very damaging to Clinton's campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/will-wikileaks-assange-delay-october-surprise-announcement.html

I'm all for Trump not winning ... but I totally support Wikileaks leaking the filth about ALL the rich and powerful that they want to keep secret.

Doing bad things is bad, whether it's a rich and powerful person or a rich and powerful country, including my own.
I love my country, but I also love all humans on the planet.
I prefer the bumper sticker, "God Bless Everyone" to "God Bless America".
That make me patriotic, in the best way.

IMO Assange is a hero.

If Trump gets elected because of tomorrow's revelations I'll be bummed, but I'll still consider Assange a hero.
Perhaps he'll really make a difference and the rich and powerful individuals and countries will clean up their acts.
But, let's not hold our breath.
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
I agree. If she is unfit to be President, then I would rather know before she is elected.

But if there is a real smoking gun, why did they wait until now?
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,179
ruby59|1475527426|4083295 said:
... But if there is a real smoking gun, why did they wait until now?
Less time to recover.
 

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,038
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
 

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4,005
I have to steadily keep my feelings straight. So far it is Trump who is causing my feelings of election fatigue.


We shall see what this announcement brings..
 

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
926
Fox is reporting this, and they admit that they are just guessing.

I also heard Assange had changed his mind, but I don't think anything about this is reliable.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,179
ChristineRose|1475529057|4083309 said:
Fox is reporting this, and they admit that they are just guessing.

I also heard Assange had changed his mind, but I don't think anything about this is reliable.
I read what Assange has changed his mind but about is from where he will deliver his announcement.
Formerly he intended to deliver it from the balcony of London's Ecuador Embassy, but he now fears assassination if he does that.

I read he now intends to do this via Berlin.
I don't understand though, since he's virtually a prisoner in London's Ecuador Embassy.
I read if he steps out of it he'll be arrested and extradited to face charges in Sweden and/or America.
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
kenny|1475528232|4083300 said:
ruby59|1475527426|4083295 said:
... But if there is a real smoking gun, why did they wait until now?
Less time to recover.
So more tit for tat to hold us over until the next big tell all about Trump.

I know why I dislike each, but not a clue as to why one or the other deserves to be President based on anything positive they would do for our country.

It is why for the first time since I became eligible, many decades ago, I am not voting.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,179
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.
Would you also not vote for a candidate who drinks alcohol?
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,497
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.

I just have to ask...are you guys not concerned that he seems to be completely lacking in knowledge about important world events? First Aleppo, then not being able to name a single world leader...he just doesn't seem to be on the ball. I get not liking the other two candidates, but surely you'd want to vote for someone who knows what they are doing? (oh wait...that kinda rules Trump out too, right?)
 

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,038
cmd2014|1475531291|4083323 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.

I just have to ask...are you guys not concerned that he seems to be completely lacking in knowledge about important world events? First Aleppo, then not being able to name a single world leader...he just doesn't seem to be on the ball. I get not liking the other two candidates, but surely you'd want to vote for someone who knows what they are doing? (oh wait...that kinda rules Trump out too, right?)
Gary Johnson (and Bill Weld) have honest to goodness great records in politics for their state. They don't pretend to know it all and that is fine by me. They would pull in the best from BOTH sides to assist them. They can learn about the world leaders. One is never too old to learn. They're willing to work across the great divide between dems and repubs to get stuff done. I am fiscally conservative. Morally, well thats your business. In their respective states they have excellent track records of working with everyone. In that way they're on the same page I am.

They don't bring drama and reality tv to the presidential stage. IMO that stuff doesn't belong there anyway (but it goes along with the dumbing down of America I guess.)

And lets face it, When BO first came into office, he was young, green, and ALSO didn't know it all either. He surrounded with people who taught him the ropes.

What G&B have to offer is way better than what I've been hearing and seeing from Thing One and Thing Two.
 

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
7,008
Arcadian|1475532543|4083330 said:
cmd2014|1475531291|4083323 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.

I just have to ask...are you guys not concerned that he seems to be completely lacking in knowledge about important world events? First Aleppo, then not being able to name a single world leader...he just doesn't seem to be on the ball. I get not liking the other two candidates, but surely you'd want to vote for someone who knows what they are doing? (oh wait...that kinda rules Trump out too, right?)
Gary Johnson (and Bill Weld) have honest to goodness great records in politics for their state. They don't pretend to know it all and that is fine by me. They would pull in the best from BOTH sides to assist them. They can learn about the world leaders. One is never too old to learn. They're willing to work across the great divide between dems and repubs to get stuff done. I am fiscally conservative. Morally, well thats your business. In their respective states they have excellent track records of working with everyone. In that way they're on the same page I am.

They don't bring drama and reality tv to the presidential stage. IMO that stuff doesn't belong there anyway (but it goes along with the dumbing down of America I guess.)

And lets face it, When BO first came into office, he was young, green, and ALSO didn't know it all either. He surrounded with people who taught him the ropes.

What G&B have to offer is way better than what I've been hearing and seeing from Thing One and Thing Two.
+1 million.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,119
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I don't feel that way about Gary Johnson. Jimmy Carter was plain spoken, but actually brilliant. He is my favorite president. Gary Johnson has just missed too many foreign policy questions he really shouldn't have. I do not think he is all that bright, or at least all that knowledgeable in areas he really should be. (And, please, do not compare him to Barack Obama. It is risible to claim that Barack Obama would have been unable to name a foreign leader he admired in 2008.)

I find Jill Stein a lot brighter. However, I'll be voting for crooked Hillary because I am so afraid of Donald Trump. And I resent Assange meddling in the election with timed releases of information to try to influence the outcome. If he were really trying to reveal the truth about America, he would just reveal the information he has, not reveal it on a schedule to try to manipulate political outcomes.

AGBF
 

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,038
Deb, do you really think Assage has information that can skew the outcome? I don't. Because the people who will vote for Hillary will. And the people that will vote for Donald will.

And then there's people who will either stay home or vote third party because they don't either either of them.

Assage would have to put out something really freaking horrible, like Hillary baths in the blood of babies or something even more outlandish than that. Both of them have the other stuff covered.

As to G&B/ BO and that whole thing. hmmm, thats your opinion and you'll get no argument from me I will leave it at that.

As to this race, each of us should vote our conscience without fear. I know I'll be voting mine.
 

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
6,044
I read that HRC commented in one of her emails that she wanted a drone strike against Assange. Of course that is not yet "proven" per snopes, but I can't say it would surprise me.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
cmd2014|1475531291|4083323 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.

I just have to ask...are you guys not concerned that he seems to be completely lacking in knowledge about important world events? First Aleppo, then not being able to name a single world leader...he just doesn't seem to be on the ball. I get not liking the other two candidates, but surely you'd want to vote for someone who knows what they are doing? (oh wait...that kinda rules Trump out too, right?)
Yes, I said that I would consider voting for him, but I would need to do more before coming to any conclusions/decisions. I read about the pot smoking, which didn't appeal to me and I haven't really done any research on him beyond that.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
kenny|1475530567|4083319 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.
Would you also not vote for a candidate who drinks alcohol?
I would vote for a candidate who has an occasional drink.
It's not just about pot-smoking. It's about Johnson's views on use and legalization. I don't agree with it.
I suppose if someone smokes pot on occasion, I don't have a huge issue with it, but I'm not a fan.
 

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,038
momhappy|1475543800|4083385 said:
kenny|1475530567|4083319 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.
Would you also not vote for a candidate who drinks alcohol?
I would vote for a candidate who has an occasional drink.
It's not just about pot-smoking. It's about Johnson's views on use and legalization. I don't agree with it.
I suppose if someone smokes pot on occasion, I don't have a huge issue with it, but I'm not a fan.
I get what you're saying and totally respect that. Everyone won't be that progressive on pot smoking. Frankly I think it does more good than bad (my sister has leukemia, and it does her a WORLD of good..her supplier, her pot smoking son! and he dosen't have glaucoma either ;-) )

I do NOT personally smoke it myself. I tried and that stuff makes me hyper and crazy. Its not fun for me. But I see a lot of good benefits to it for others. I would love to see it studied way more without federal repercussions. And on a recreation level, treat pot like drinking. No one should smoke pot and drive FAIC, and tax it. May as well.

My mom wont smoke it but she will do the oil. with her having lupus it does help her on the days when the flareups are really bad. I'd rather see her do that than vicodin. again, its got its place IMO.
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,758
Pot is Gary Johnson's simultaneous best and worst selling point. I used to have a real issue with marijuana use because I've seen it take over a person's life and I didn't understand the underlying problems associated with that kind of obsession/addiction. I'm way more lax about it these days, and no, I don't use it. I think CO is a very progressive state that is setting a great example for others. Conversely, I think Indiana is one of the least progressive states (I live here) with its very outdated "blue laws" regarding liquor sales, etc.

I've mentioned here before that I know several Libertarians including the local chair of the party and her constituents. I also personally know one of his regional campaign managers. I won't vote for him because I'm voting for HRC, and that's something I've intended to do since 2008. But! If she were not the Dem candidate, I would put my stock in GJ or Jill Stein for sure. Despite his eccentricities and her relative unfamiliarity in the political world, I think they are both pretty great people who really would consider the country's best interests ahead of their own.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I'm so bloody tired of this election.

We are supposed to decide who will be the next leader of the free world and on the one hand we have shame and on the other we have dishonor.

The third party candidates don't have a chance even if they were both fantastic.

It's an embarrassment. WE as a nation are an embarrassment, a punch line, right now.

https://vimeo.com/184628051

That video, while funny, shouldn't be what we are reduced to. And it's not just the conservatives that have this problem, it's the democrats too.

In any other election NEITHER of these two would stand a chance of being elected. And yet, this is what we are reduced to choosing from. It's a murder/suicide pact no matter who you vote for.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,179
.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Arcadian|1475548648|4083404 said:
momhappy|1475543800|4083385 said:
kenny|1475530567|4083319 said:
momhappy|1475530221|4083315 said:
Arcadian|1475528536|4083302 said:
With this election, nothing surprises me anymore. I'll I'm voting Gary Johnson anyway. He smokes pot, so what. He's a decent guy. I know lots of decent pot smokers.

Kinda funny my mom said Gary Johnson reminds her of Jimmy Carter. Decent and good hearted but not really presidential material. I told her considering what we have on the table, he's more presidential than the other 2 bozos.
I would actually consider voting for him too - expect for the pot smoking. I am not a fan of weed (unless it's for medicinal purposes).
It doesn't matter anyways, a vote for Johnson is the same as my decision to not vote for anyone.
Would you also not vote for a candidate who drinks alcohol?
I would vote for a candidate who has an occasional drink.
It's not just about pot-smoking. It's about Johnson's views on use and legalization. I don't agree with it.
I suppose if someone smokes pot on occasion, I don't have a huge issue with it, but I'm not a fan.
I get what you're saying and totally respect that. Everyone won't be that progressive on pot smoking. Frankly I think it does more good than bad (my sister has leukemia, and it does her a WORLD of good..her supplier, her pot smoking son! and he dosen't have glaucoma either ;-) )

I do NOT personally smoke it myself. I tried and that stuff makes me hyper and crazy. Its not fun for me. But I see a lot of good benefits to it for others. I would love to see it studied way more without federal repercussions. And on a recreation level, treat pot like drinking. No one should smoke pot and drive FAIC, and tax it. May as well.

My mom wont smoke it but she will do the oil. with her having lupus it does help her on the days when the flareups are really bad. I'd rather see her do that than vicodin. again, its got its place IMO.
I think that's where we differ. I see weed do more harm than good. I know way too many people who abuse it. They self-medicate (usually daily) to escape reality. I've seen the toll it takes on someone who used it long-term.
Again, I'm not addressing medical use of marijuana. If someone is ill and it gives them some relief, then I'm okay with that.
 

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4,005
What garbage.

The Trump campaign and everything associated with him is complete trash.
 

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
243
kenny|1475526551|4083292 said:
Tomorrow Julian Assange, Editor-in-Chief of Wikileaks, will release documents reported to be very damaging to Clinton's campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/will-wikileaks-assange-delay-october-surprise-announcement.html

I'm all for Trump not winning ... but I totally support Wikileaks leaking the filth about ALL the rich and powerful that they want to keep secret.

Doing bad things is bad, whether it's a rich and powerful person or a rich and powerful country, including my own.
I love my country, but I also love all humans on the planet.
I prefer the bumper sticker, "God Bless Everyone" to "God Bless America".
That make me patriotic, in the best way.

IMO Assange is a hero.

If Trump gets elected because of tomorrow's revelations I'll be bummed, but I'll still consider Assange a hero.
Perhaps he'll really make a difference and the rich and powerful individuals and countries will clean up their acts.
But, let's not hold our breath.
Still think Assange is a hero?
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,119
monarch64|1475603069|4083563 said:
Gypsy|1475600421|4083549 said:
Thanks for posting this. I did not realize his m.o. is just to pull the plug on a bunch of shit. That's far too extreme and frankly he's full of terrible ideas. It's all very Napolean Dynamite.
I never understood why people who opposed Trump and Clinton were attracted to this guy rather than to Jill Stein if they wanted to vote Third Party. She is clearly bright and thoughtful. Perhaps I was giving too much credit to the people who couldn't bear to vote for the former two candidates simply because I thought that they seemed to be thinking!

AGBF
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,758
AGBF|1475603835|4083569 said:
monarch64|1475603069|4083563 said:
Gypsy|1475600421|4083549 said:
Thanks for posting this. I did not realize his m.o. is just to pull the plug on a bunch of shit. That's far too extreme and frankly he's full of terrible ideas. It's all very Napolean Dynamite.
I never understood why people who opposed Trump and Clinton were attracted to this guy rather than to Jill Stein if they wanted to vote Third Party. She is clearly bright and thoughtful. Perhaps I was giving too much credit to the people who couldn't bear to vote for the former two candidates simply because I thought that they seemed to be thinking!

AGBF
I don't know--I think I probably just succumbed to peer pressure on this one (although I still plan to vote HRC no matter what) because I know several people (whom I greatly respect) voting for him. Hopefully everyone else will do their due diligence or some nice person will show them this article that Gypsy posted... :read:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top