shape
carat
color
clarity

Today I could have done without....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Flyers losing in the Stanley cup play offs.....
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Date: 6/9/2010 9:58:30 PM
Author: Amethyste
Date: 6/9/2010 2:21:53 PM

Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Date: 6/8/2010 9:21:08 PM

I could have gone without stepping bare footed into cold and mushy cat throw-up when I got out of the bedroom... :razz:

I knew it wouldn''t be a GREAT day lol

My parents have an ornery old cat who does not like most people. Well, the guest room is her room, and so when someone stays there she doesn''t like, such as my grandma, she pukes by the side of the bed during the night so they will step in it. She never does it when they aren''t and knowing the old girl as I do, it is no accident.

Hummm... What are you trying to say? THat my cat doesn''t like me and she does this on purpose?
39.gif

My kitty has food allergies and is allergic to almost everything - and it doesn''t take her much to get disrupted and end up throwing up...
7.gif
I wish there was more I could do for her...

I have a cat that loves to eat really fast and then barfs it... everywhere. Usually the food is still whole.
5.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without Delta losing my luggage even though I got on the plane in plenty of time and they held it for 20 mins so people with delayed connections could make the flight. I don''t mind the delay, but I do mind that all those people''s bags made it and mine didn''t. And I really could have done without my 1 am trip to Walmart to get a toothbrush and toothpaste and a sundress to wear to my business meeting later in the day. Awesome.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally could have done without my train to work being delayed an hour and a half with me stuck in it. Which meant I left work later and will only get home by 8. Which means I have to cancel a tea date with my bestfriend who I haven''t seen in soooo long because work seems to have taken over my life
39.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
...being seriously sleep-deprived!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yet another dental visit. One more (hopefully) for the permanent crown and I should be good until my cleaning in 5 months.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori -- I hope all goes well at the dentist.

I could have done without losing my keys at work today. I have a feeling they ended up in the garbage. I had to get my husband to come get me at work after searching for them for 2 hours. Do you think I have a spare key? Nope. We''re moving tomorrow, too, which complicates matters A LOT!
39.gif

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2010 1:35:54 PM
Author: laine

Date: 6/8/2010 1:32:27 PM
Author: charbie

Date: 6/8/2010 8:28:08 AM

Author: y2kitty

My car started smoking on the way to work. Could have done without that.

Somehow, I just read this as, ''my cat started smoking...'' and I was thinking, ''huh????!!!''

Oh boy.

I did too!!!!

Hope Im not being rude or insensitive. But, wow! If it said that I would have laughed so hard I would''ve fell out my bed! LOL

I could have done without:
My car''s stupid cd player constantly spitting out the music cd i tried to listen to on the way to work this morning
29.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I really could have done without the weird crappy chinese bbq food I''d looked forward to all day - I''m super hungry and it''s super late and there isn''t a fast food joint within 40 minutes of here!! (not that I have a car) And I have no bread or milk!! I was really hoping for some seriously yummy BBQ and not stinky fish on sticks.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I could do without having severe stomach pains for ther last 48 hrs. Naturally I didn''t go to a dr. yesterday, today is Sat., no-one is open and I am in severe pain....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eating too much for supper and the rain. It''s June 12th and it''s in the 40''s here.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:14:50 PM
Author: marcyc
Eating too much for supper and the rain. It''s June 12th and it''s in the 40''s here.
I know, I have been wanting to go hiking and then I get a day off its pouring and the was 46 today I think. We went to the gym today, but it doesn''t do the same thing for my soul. Maybe next week.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 6:11:07 PM
Author: kama_s
Totally could have done without my train to work being delayed an hour and a half with me stuck in it. Which meant I left work later and will only get home by 8. Which means I have to cancel a tea date with my bestfriend who I haven''t seen in soooo long because work seems to have taken over my life
39.gif

Mini-threadjack... When did you get a job! So happy that you found one. Is this the one you posted about interviewing with a couple of months ago? Congrats!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 1:18:47 AM
Author: swedish bean
My brother. He made me cry today.
(((hugs)))

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My DH informing me, that "He could really use some help sometimes."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think I need to share my response with you... othan than I informed him all he has to do is take the baby occupying my arms and I am more than happy to run the weedwhacker around the edge of the lawn for him.
29.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brazen, we finally have some sun. I hope you get clear skies soon.

Swedish Bean, sorry your brother made you cry. Hugs to you.

Today I could have done without a pile of laundry to do. The dryer buzzer is the MOST annoying noise in the world.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 8:12:41 PM
Author: meresal
My DH informing me, that ''He could really use some help sometimes.''

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think I need to share my response with you... othan than I informed him all he has to do is take the baby occupying my arms and I am more than happy to run the weedwhacker around the edge of the lawn for him.
29.gif
Ah yes. We all go through that. It''s like they think that since we''re at home we''re on holiday or something. Usually it takes one good argument or two before it passes.

Personally, I could have done without yet another in-law invasion today. I told DH they it HAS to stop. Next time, I think I''ll take the baby and just leave.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
... I could have gone without looking at TEN houses, then get back home and feel more confused than before I walked out 8 hours earlier this morning............

40.gif
I donno what to think, do or feel! lol

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could have done without the 10 minutes of pure panic, thinking I''d lost my purse. Normally, I wouldn''t think that I COULD lose a purse, but if you knew what kind of week I had this last week, well, I thought it very possible, since it would have been the ideal icing on the cake to finish it into a perfect crap confection.

Luckily, I had not.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2010 10:29:36 PM

... I could have gone without looking at TEN houses, then get back home and feel more confused than before I walked out 8 hours earlier this morning............

40.gif
Ten. WAY too many for one day. Heavens, I''m not even sure how you did it. I know people always say seemingly stupid and annoying stuff like "you''ll see the house and you''ll just KNOW", but it really was true in my case, and I too looked at bunches over time. Try to relax. Seriously. Your house is out there.
1.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without the LUNATIC that scared the holy crap out of me and my staff today.

He came barging up to one of the women working downstairs with a quilt slung around his neck, proclaiming that he was gonna buy back the clothes we''d stolen from his grandpa. He then tried to shove $40 in her hand. She hauled him and the quilt upstairs and we tried to figure out where the quilt had come from (the tag was long gone- at an antique mall, that''s how we identify who to pay for stuff).

The whole time he''s ranting and raving about how we''d theived his grandpa''s clothes. The whole time, he kept referring to the quilt as "grandpa''s clothes".

At this point I walked into the whole cluster-eff. He''s gotten quite worked up by then, yelling at all of us about how we were bad Christians and didn''t read the bible properly, and about how his grandpa had pooped all over his clothes and thus he wanted the poop back because we''d stolen that too, and god it was creepy. He reeked of alcohol too. And was utterly looney.

I called my husband and just said "I NEED YOU!" and then I (politely and calmly!) asked the crazy man to leave. He got angrier, of course, and was sure I was trying to swindle him out of his grandpa''s poopy clothes (a.k.a., the quilt).

DH showed up just about then, in about 30 seconds (thanks darlin!) and just stared in horror at the whole thing. He started gently herding crazyman out the door, then his phone beeped with a text. The crazy guy FLIPPED. Totally freaked and started sprinting, and took off out the door and down the street, all the while looking back at DH in abject terror.

I told one of my best friends about it later today and she laughed, and it turns out that the nutty guy lives in a halfway house near her, and she sees him arguing with a golf ball all the time. And imitating a chicken. Once he politely offered her some popcorn he had filled up a paper grocery bag with (she declined).

It seems kind of horrifying in retrospect that this guy clearly needs more help than he''s getting, but at the same time he seemed on the verge of hurting my staff and did cause a huge scene and scared customers too, so it wasn''t fun for anyone.

But, kudos to the concerned customer who kept a close eye on the whole scene from a safe distance, with her finger on the 911 button on her cell, just in case. I really thought that was cool, that she was looking out for us. I had my hand on our police-summoning panic button the whole time, too, and boy was I glad to have that!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sleeping in, missing my son''s bus, then coming home to sleep more, and then some. I work 12 hours a day, and take Wednesdays off to do all important things that accumulate, but end up sleeping all day long.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ksinger, glad you found your purse.

LittleGreyKitten,how utterly scary. I am glad he didn''t hurt anyone.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I really could have done without kidney stones. :( The doc asked me how the pain was on a scale of 1-10. I laughed. I told her "Whoever came up with a 1-10 scale never had kidney stones."

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treefrog, how awful. Can they break them up without surgery? Good luck.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 11:34:38 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 6/13/2010 10:29:36 PM

40.gif
Ten. WAY too many for one day. Heavens, I''m not even sure how you did it. I know people always say seemingly stupid and annoying stuff like ''you''ll see the house and you''ll just KNOW'', but it really was true in my case, and I too looked at bunches over time. Try to relax. Seriously. Your house is out there.
1.gif

I know... But my husband and I are on really different shifts. I work days and he works evenings. We literally have only Satuday afternoons and Sundays to do anything... So we try to do as much as we can when we can I am afraid...
40.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 10:43:13 PM
Thanks marcyc. I sure hope so. By the time I got home from the ER and pharmacy, offices were closed. I''ll call a urologist in the morning and see what they can do... quickly.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treefrog, good luck tomorrow. I know they can break them up with lasers or something like that. I hear they are quite painful too. PS dust coming your way.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 12:03:13 AM
Author: treefrog
Date: 6/16/2010 10:43:13 PM

Thanks marcyc. I sure hope so. By the time I got home from the ER and pharmacy, offices were closed. I''ll call a urologist in the morning and see what they can do... quickly.
You have my sympathy. My dad is the least likely person in the world to go to the doctor, my mom has to call his staff and tell them not to work for him the day after any surgery because he will go work otherwise. One night he asked my mom to drive him to the hospital, she said it was the scariest thing he ever said to her. It was kidney stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results