shape
carat
color
clarity

Today I could have done without....

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without the extreme humidity - again.
I could have done without needing gas this morning - during rush hour.
I could certainly do without my sinus headache.
I could have done without 1-800 Contacts telling me my prescription has expired so they can''t send me new peepers.

Oh, and I could have done without Haven reminding me that she''s been on a wonderful vacation to Ireland, when I can''t remember when I was last out of the state.
14.gif
28.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without eating so much crap today.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The 3 year old with unexplained hip pain and abnormal WBC counts.

I have not herd from the hematologist yet, I am still hoping it is something other than the C word
7.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 6:40:05 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

I have not herd from the hematologist yet, I am still hoping it is something other than the C word
7.gif

Oh LF, I''d gladly jam my sprained toe a million times over for it to not be the C word for your little one.
8.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have been going back and forth between diarrhea and constipation for a month. Yesterday I spent 5 hours in the ER getting treatment for excruciating stomach pain... I felt better today- until I had a relapse of the "bad poops". Definitely could have done without that.
39.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 6:43:47 PM
Author: waterlilly
Date: 6/8/2010 6:40:05 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

7.gif

Oh LF, I''d gladly jam my sprained toe a million times over for it to not be the C word for your little one.

8.gif

He is not mine, just a patient, but I have gotten to know him and the family, so it is nerve wreaking.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without a phone call from my husband as I was leaving work asking me to go downtown for dinner instead of the place across from my work because he needed to work late AGAIN and the only way I could see him was make the trek to his office.......and then I REALLY could''ve done without the call that came an hour later as I got off the subway saying "whoops I can''t actually meet you at all"
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

ohhh and I can''t even remember the last time we saw eachother for a meal

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 7:59:38 PM
Author: purselover
I could have done without a phone call from my husband as I was leaving work asking me to go downtown for dinner instead of the place across from my work because he needed to work late AGAIN and the only way I could see him was make the trek to his office.......and then I REALLY could''ve done without the call that came an hour later as I got off the subway saying ''whoops I can''t actually meet you at all''

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

ohhh and I can''t even remember the last time we saw eachother for a meal

That would make me really mad. I am sorry you are having to deal with that.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 6:05:09 AM
Author:Cehrabehra
What could you have done without today?

WARNING: Mine is gross.

I could have done without the chicken I bought BLEEDING as I cut it up (no not juice - blood. From veins. And I could have done without the bubbles in the lungs popping all over my hand and squirting ALL the way up my arm and across my chest when I was scraping them out of the back. I really could have done without needing to tear the heart out, literally, and I could have done without the rectum still being attached. I could have done without all of the blood clots and the fresh smell of death. I could have done without having to butcher my own chicken today.
I know that feeling. Chinese chiken was not fun, undercooked and an odd yellow color when it was cooked. I mostly eat chicken at home, but I can say I liked eel, pigeon and frog better than Chinese chicken.

Today was ok, but yesterday was not. I got a bit of sunburn on the edge of my face and cheeks and I really mad about it because I am so careful.
When I got to work, I got a bad score on something because I didn''t follow all of the procedures, but if I had, they guy would have been ten times madder then he already was.
The people who sit closest to me will not stop b--ching. I know you hate the job and it is not easy, but whining about it doesn''t fix anything and it brings the rest of us down. I bring my ipod to work because of them and I don''t like wearing the earbuds too long as it gives me a headache, but then so do they.

I hate how humid it was. CO is supposed to be dry and my hair frizzed, it felt much hotter than it was and I rode my bike to work in it. Normally it is not a problem, but the humidity made me sweat badly so I smeeled too awful to interact with anyone.

The biggest thing I can do without is my DH''s excrusiating back pain. He got it 6 months ago, after about a month it went away on its own and no one could find a cause for it as he is 26 and otherwise fine. It has come back and it makes him so miserable. I also have to help him stretch and massage the muscles, which I don''t mind doing, but it hurts him so badly and I hate watching his face scrunch up and his breathing get dificult because of something I am doing.

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
i could''ve gone without the fever, chills, and overall bodyache
8.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
hmm...I rolled out of bed at noon today and my day has been pretty good. Took MIL grocery shopping...and surprise, surprise..NO BARBS.

So far so good. Sorry some of you are having bad days................

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I could have gone without stepping bare footed into cold and mushy cat throw-up when I got out of the bedroom... :razz:

I knew it wouldn''t be a GREAT day lol

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I could have done without one of my work team members letting us down AGAIN by failing to deliver as promised. I''m going to be 4 hours late getting home this evening because I refuse to leave until they deliver their work product
29.gif
Hopefully this will be worth it because the problem will be sorted out by the time I get home
1.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could have done without my entire morning, which went like this:

got up at 6:41, alarm was set to 6:15
rushed to get the kids up and dressed and to daycare
drove GF an hour to her dentist appt (for whitening) in a downpour
she puked in the car 4 min from the dentist
went to dentist, I ran in and apologized we wouldn''t be there afterall for the appointment
drove an hour back home

yeah... booo to this day. Now I have to get the kids early since they''ve been there all day and deal with them being cranky from being woken up so early.

tomorrow is a re-do!

damons

Shiny_Rock
This morning, I checked my bank statement online only to find out that someone used my debit card (which is in my wallet) to purchase a $1200 computer from HP...2 days before I am taking my SO to the beach to propose.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without my garlic mashed potatoes being gritty
7.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 9:21:08 PM
Author: Amethyste
I could have gone without stepping bare footed into cold and mushy cat throw-up when I got out of the bedroom... :razz:

My parents have an ornery old cat who does not like most people. Well, the guest room is her room, and so when someone stays there she doesn''t like, such as my grandma, she pukes by the side of the bed during the night so they will step in it. She never does it when they aren''t and knowing the old girl as I do, it is no accident.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I have food poisoning. Nuff said.

xrayvision

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 11:29:09 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 6/8/2010 9:50:46 AM

Author: dragonfly411

Cehra - did you actually butcher your own chicken? Or what was the source that left it so .... raw?

I could easly be doing without and have done without (yesterday) this insane headache. I wish I had a cold wash clothe and some tea.

I didn''t kill it or pluck it or cut it open to remove most of the guts - but they don''t do a thorough job at all. It''s horrible. But I find that here the LESS the chinese mess with it, the better. I was yelling ''BU HAO!'' over and over. But it''s better than any meat I ever got in the states, very um... fresh lol

What does "BU HAO" mean? haha

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:25:51 PM
Author: doodle
Hope you feel better soon...,I''ve had it {twice} and it''s no fun

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Ewwwwwwwwww!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I could have gone without nagging at my DH this morning about the food he leaves on the kitchen counter or stove. How hard is it to cover the food and stick in the fridge? I feel bad about nagging though...so counterproductive. Wish I could ignore things like that.
8.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
My BIL asking to stay with us for awhile because he''s fighting with his GF. Normally I wouldn''t mind because we have a spare room, but my family is coming from out of town on Friday to visit for the week! That''s not exactly how I pictured their visit going.... sad BIL on the couch.
7.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Could have done without the dog having diarrhea all over the neighbor''s lawn.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I could have done without the $60 parking ticket we got last night when DH took me to dinner to celebrate my 96% pathology prac exam result. Stoopid! The street is pitch black with no lighting and we are expected to see the tiny freakin parking sign. And the food wasn''t worth the $180 either
39.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:44:42 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
Date: 6/9/2010 2:25:51 PM

Author: doodle

Hope you feel better soon...,I''ve had it {twice} and it''s no fun

I''ve had it twice too
7.gif
One worse than the next and neither were fun
7.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:21:53 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

My parents have an ornery old cat who does not like most people. Well, the guest room is her room, and so when someone stays there she doesn''t like, such as my grandma, she pukes by the side of the bed during the night so they will step in it. She never does it when they aren''t and knowing the old girl as I do, it is no accident.
Oh I believe it - I had a spiteful cat once, it''s humorous in retrospect but infuriating at the time
37.gif

I would close that door and not let the cat in there lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:31:01 PM
Author: xrayvision
Date: 6/8/2010 11:29:09 AM

Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 6/8/2010 9:50:46 AM

Author: dragonfly411

Cehra - did you actually butcher your own chicken? Or what was the source that left it so .... raw?

I could easly be doing without and have done without (yesterday) this insane headache. I wish I had a cold wash clothe and some tea.

I didn''t kill it or pluck it or cut it open to remove most of the guts - but they don''t do a thorough job at all. It''s horrible. But I find that here the LESS the chinese mess with it, the better. I was yelling ''BU HAO!'' over and over. But it''s better than any meat I ever got in the states, very um... fresh lol

it means literally ''no good''... I was also saying zhege bu xi huan - it means ''don''t like this'' lol It kinda went like this:

BU HAO! BU HAO! ZHEGE BU HAO! BU XI HUAN, BU XI HUAN! THIS IS *BLEEP*ING DISGUSTING! ZHEGA BU XI HUAN! BU HAO!!!!

What does ''BU HAO'' mean? haha

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:21:53 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Hummm... What are you trying to say? THat my cat doesn''t like me and she does this on purpose?
39.gif

My kitty has food allergies and is allergic to almost everything - and it doesn''t take her much to get disrupted and end up throwing up...
7.gif
I wish there was more I could do for her...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been there, done that... yuck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results