shape
carat
color
clarity

To comfort fit or not to comfort fit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYT

Rough_Rock
I''ve tried on a comfort fit ring and it literally was really comfortable. I''m undecided if I should get my girls e-ring comfort fit. If it''s sized correctly, I don''t why all rings aren''t comfort fit.

Going comfort fit seems like a no-brainer to me. The ring design is a Lucida (x-prong)... Is there any reason I should consider NOT going comfort fit?

nala2000

Rough_Rock
My wedding band is a comfort fit and it feels sooo very comfortable. It fits nice and snug without being overly tight. Based on my personal experience, I would highly suggest going with the comfort fit.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 1:17:47 PM
Author:NYT
I''ve tried on a comfort fit ring and it literally was really comfortable. I''m undecided if I should get my girls e-ring comfort fit. If it''s sized correctly, I don''t why all rings aren''t comfort fit.

Going comfort fit seems like a no-brainer to me. The ring design is a Lucida (x-prong)... Is there any reason I should consider NOT going comfort fit?
they''re thicker.... now to me there is nothing more comfortable than a square ring (after all, our fingers AREN''T *round*) The top may be rounded, but the sides and bottom are relatively flat. If you''ve ever put one on they really are like butter... when you squeeze your fingers together the straight flat metal is very comfortable... I have a comfort fit band. It''s more comfortable for like making a fist but it can be a bit bulky when you''re just squeezing your fingers together.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. The comfort fit feel like butter. I love them.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
how is comfort fit different? and can you get every design comfort fitted? or is comfort fit a special design?

my understanding is that it rounds the edges out. I had a regular style ring and James Allen was able to modify it into a comfort fit, so I have a feeling it should be able to be done to any of them. Hopefully that didn't affect the ring size too badly--as it can from what I have read affect the ring sizing. I have also heard that with really thin bands it isn't advisable as it turns the ring too tubular, but I have a feeling it more comfortable anyway. Not sure about it though, just a question to check on.

NYT

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 5:19:22 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/19/2007 1:17:47 PM
Author:NYT

they''re thicker.... now to me there is nothing more comfortable than a square ring (after all, our fingers AREN''T *round*) The top may be rounded, but the sides and bottom are relatively flat. If you''ve ever put one on they really are like butter... when you squeeze your fingers together the straight flat metal is very comfortable... I have a comfort fit band. It''s more comfortable for like making a fist but it can be a bit bulky when you''re just squeezing your fingers together.
Thanks Sara. If I understand you correctly you''re saying:
1. CF is more comfortable in some situations, but not all
2. CF creates a larger ring that is less symetrical (round) and may visually not be as appealing?

I''ve worn a CF wedding band and it didn''t look boxey at all to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results