shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips For Evaluating Rough Sapphires

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the Etsy one has natural silk as it’s untreated.
As much as I love Wildfish gems, his prices are astromonical unless you can take advantage of his membership system ( repeat purchasers can qualify for up to 30% discount).
Natural Sapphire Company isn’t a recommended PS vendor as the guy got busted for manipulating customer reviews and there was talk that treatments weren’t being accurately declared.
The colour the OP prefers is more unusual. Most likely found in a Montana sapphire but as we know these sapphires can often be “too green” or “too grey” and are thin on the ground.
I’m sure the right one is out there but it might take quite a while to find it.
Perhaps reaching out to Jeff White to see if he can source some suitable rough to cut or even Doug at Bespoke Gems in case he likewise has some uncut rough.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the Etsy one has natural silk as it’s untreated.
As much as I love Wildfish gems, his prices are astromonical unless you can take advantage of his membership system ( repeat purchasers can qualify for up to 30% discount).
Natural Sapphire Company isn’t a recommended PS vendor as the guy got busted for manipulating customer reviews and there was talk that treatments weren’t being accurately declared.
The colour the OP prefers is more unusual. Most likely found in a Montana sapphire but as we know these sapphires can often be “too green” or “too grey” and are thin on the ground.
I’m sure the right one is out there but it might take quite a while to find it.
Perhaps reaching out to Jeff White to see if he can source some suitable rough to cut or even Doug at Bespoke Gems in case he likewise has some uncut rough.
I looked at bespoke gems for op this morning to try to find stuff anf nothing looked quite right. But I suggest emailing doug. He knows what hes doing and knows exactly what colors/sizes can be cut from his rough.

peakysapphire

Rough_Rock
I've reached out to Doug and may reach out to Jeff White to see if they can help.

When stones are listed on sites (like Earth's Treasury) is there usually some wiggle room with price?

peakysapphire

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all that responded! My bf ended up ordering one from Jeff @ Earth's Treasury to see if I would like it and I LOVE it! The color is so much different in person and just what I wanted.

If anybody is interested, I'll post some pics :)

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@peakysapphire YES! Post pics! That’s why we come here! :lol-2:
Glad you found something and of course post the stats (size, carat weight, if heated or not...)
-C4C

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So glad you found something you love! Yes, I think it’s safe to say everybody is interested in pictures! Please post!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay, so excited to see it!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief, Wildfish gems has beautiful stuff, but it's ridiculously expensive. I've had good stones from Jeff White, Litnon and Star Ruby.

@peakysapphire Of course we want to see photos!

Eady

Rough_Rock
4E97D0E2-9EF9-4AF9-85DC-865F26F62122.jpeg
B4FE1143-7638-4CA0-8607-F675B646CF09.jpeg
Here she is! Looks quite different in person, a bit lighter, but changes a lot depending on the light. I love it outdoors :love:

Beautiful colour and I love the cut!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stone, beautiful cut and colour - I'm so glad you got something already cut, unless you know what you are doing ie an experience cutter with years of experience buying rough stones is a really really bad idea.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
More photos!!!!!

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Here she is! Looks quite different in person, a bit lighter, but changes a lot depending on the light. I love it outdoors :love:

Aah, I love it! That is such a good color and size for you!

I also got a sapphire from Jeff Hapeman a couple weeks ago and it is gorgeous -- probably won't post pics until the ring is done -- just wanted to jump in and say that if you're near Westchester, PA, you should visit his office in person. He's a really interesting, smart guy with lots of funny stories about his experiences in the gem business.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results