shape
carat
color
clarity

Tilt windowing on elongated cushion cut. SEND HELP! Lol

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
This one is pretty! It seems to have the bigger cuts in the middle like the jeweler was saying... I wonder if that is the trade off with the tilt windows.

Yeah I ended up getting a larger oval for her. Now I’m having to figure out if it’s too big.

I didn’t realize yours was a 5 Ct… sometimes I feel like the larger the stone, the larger the tilt window. Did you find tilt window in other similar size stones?

ariaaaa

Rough_Rock
A little late to the party, but it's completely gorgeous head-on! I agree with some of the other sentiments though, the side view would likely bother me a bit too much to commit to that stone.

I know you mentioned that it would likely go back, and just wanted to pop in and wish you luck finding the stone that matches up with everything you want. We spent something like 6-8 months looking for the right stone, and then a few months after that on side stones. Fingers crossed it won't take you nearly that long, but hopefully the right one will turn up! I kept reminding myself that new stones were entering the market every day.

KristyLynn

Rough_Rock
*** ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST Y'ALL! LOL***

Here's another one we waited a month to receive - same problem.
I really like this long ratio but I'm wondering if that is why I keep having this problem.
SEND HELP. lol
Or send a diamond in this ratio.

Comments always welcome. <3 Xo

IMG_5176.jpeg

KristyLynn

Rough_Rock
Yeah I ended up getting a larger oval for her. Now I’m having to figure out if it’s too big.

I didn’t realize yours was a 5 Ct… sometimes I feel like the larger the stone, the larger the tilt window. Did you find tilt window in other similar size stones?

Just got another one and it has the same problem. So - YES. lol
Posted a pic of the new one.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
i haven’t read the whole thread, forgive me if this has been suggested. Have you considered reaching out to @Rhino with Distinctive Gem? He offers a concierge service, which may be very helpful for you. He can vet any stone and is excellent at what he does!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*** ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST Y'ALL! LOL***

Here's another one we waited a month to receive - same problem.
I really like this long ratio but I'm wondering if that is why I keep having this problem.
SEND HELP. lol
Or send a diamond in this ratio.

Comments always welcome. <3 Xo

IMG_5176.jpeg

I've seen this issue before on other "crushed ice" diamonds. I don't know if it's an aspect of the cut or not.

KristyLynn

Rough_Rock
I've seen this issue before on other "crushed ice" diamonds. I don't know if it's an aspect of the cut or not.

I think that does have a lot to do with it. I prefer the small sparkles throughout instead of chunky facets in the middle with smaller facets on the elongated ends (which don't seem to have this problem).

We now have another one being sent by a concierge that doesn't seem to have this problem so we shall see if we like it. It just sucks paying double the price to go through a concierge when there are some available online, but it is definitely annoying to weed through the bad ones (especially when you like everything else about them - I get attached lol).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results