shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When I was getting engaged, I wanted a Tiffany ring. I don''t know why exactly, but it was in my mind. We could have well afforded a beautiful ring, and my DH was pushing me to get whatever I''d be happiest with. However, my feelings towards it changed when on a casual Sunday we popped into the Michigan Ave location and the SA refused to even take the ring out of the case for me to see claiming for insurance purposes she wasn''t aloud. Prehaps we were dressed wrong, or prehaps we didn''t scream "money". The ring I wanted to see was a 2+ carat stunner and priced accordingly...I''m guessing the SA wrongfully assumed we couldn''t afford that ring...maybe she pegged us for looky-loo''s, but whatever the case, I was highly offended. In that *instant* I was totally spun in a new direction.

I think Tiffany''s is a great brand with a nice reputation that follows it. I think the rings they sell are lovely, and that is something no one can take away from them. However, their prices are high, the SA are sometimes snooty, and there are equally lovely things elsewhere. Basically, it''s a personal choice.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Choro72-I just have a hard time believing that you and your good eye have (who have spent a good time looking, as you state) not seen ANYTHING at the store you deem "simple elegance"...they have hundreds of different style rings...but I will take your word for it. However, if you are limited to the "blue" website, and not there larger B&M stores, perhaps you have not seen all of their designs...?

Nearly half of my favorite Tiffany designs are not on the website, but rather in the diamond salon...and they are the more unique designs and sometimes are their rarer pieces...

EDIT: I just looked at your unique and pretty e-ring and totally agree with you; our tastes are much different and so are our view of "simple elegance"...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results