Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old Miss Evil wants to hijack this thread:

omesph.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have 1.12 per ear F color studs, but I haven't tried to take a picture of them. This is a 1.35 cushion cut pink sapphire:

pnksph.jpg

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE that pink sapphire ring!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1314492086|3002510 said:
MissStepcut|1314491665|3002484 said:
I just don't value the Tacori brand enough to justify the markup but do value the history and reputation of T&C. I wonder if there's a bit of a generation gap: Tacori has done lots to build its brand over the past 15 years, and as a young girl I dreamed of a Tacori e-ring. It lost its hold on me in adulthood, though, because my tastes are quite modern and streamlined and I don't gravitate toward the vintage repro look for myself.

I think Tacori pieces are very pretty but I agree with Miss Stepcut. I think they're just way overpriced, especially since they're now selling costume pieces on QVC. I always used to want a Tacori 2620--it's a beauty of a ring!!
Ditto. I just don't find they have the value for the money that I like to see. That being said, they do create some absolutely smashingly pretty designs- I certainly don't think they lack attractiveness... I just think that they should be priced more like Beverly K; the workmanship looks similar to my eye. (I admit to being an enormous snob about vintage repro workmanship however- I only think a tiny select few modern makers can approach actual vintage quality- and Tacori ain't one of them, but it's priced as much.) I mean, if there's a design of theirs you absolutely *have* to have- you know it's going to be lovely and high quality. It just annoys me that they charge so much for it.

I actually don't own any Tiffany. Yet. :naughty: And I would never pay retail for it, but I would absolutely consider vintage/2nd hand Tiffany. But for the first time I'm likely going to get a Tiffany piece. A dealer at the antique mall I work at brought one in severely, severely underpriced. I'm gonna have T&Co authenticate it, but if it's really what it says it is, it's going with me :Up_to_something: . It's a .20 ct Etoile solitaire. The center stone is absolutely beautifully cut, if small! My guess is it's quite recent, probably 5-7 years old.

I adore Louis Comfort Tiffany's glass, however, and I do own a salt cellar in the lovely gold Favrile glass he produced.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1314711757|3005320 said:
I wouldn't say that I'm anti-Tiffany as such: I respect the company tremendously, for its history of creating beautiful, one of a kind art pieces; for a genius marketing strategy that has permitted them to have their cake and eat it, too, when it comes to being both a luxury brand and an accessible one; for a lot of its proprietary designs (I may have just discovered that the Lucida looks awful on me, sadly, but it's a beautiful cut, as is the Legacy). That said, I can't picture myself buying retail from them: the mark-up is just too high and the cachet a little too dispersed for me to be able to justify it.

But vintage Tiffany? That's another story! I'm really excited to have just placed an order for my first Tiff's piece - a vintage necklace in gold and turquoise. Will post a big pic - can't for the life of me figure out how to get a close-up off the website!

ETA: Ha, got it! Here's a close-up of the clasp - love the workmanship on this.
OMG Circe. That is *absolutely gorgeous*. What a find!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314831088|3006805 said:
Kaleigh|1314830436|3006793 said:
When I first joined I wasn't willing to share my Tiffany ering because so many put Tiffany's down. That's fine, I get it. But I get tons of compliments on it. People take my hand and are like OMG.

The other thing?? I had a thread where Nan, sevens one posted pics of my jewelry. Some of ering, etc... Never said where the ering was from, but wasn't hiding that either. I was new, didn't think to say anything excpet for specs. I got tons of compliments...

Funny how that works.

Yup, I agree. It makes me go like this ------> :rolleyes:

Doubt that if anyone were gifted a Tiffany's piece they would turn it down.

Well, I guess I would accept a 2 carat in the Tiffany classic 6 prong, if I had to. :naughty: ;)) :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux, you collection is stunning :appl: i love the moroccan pendant, such a beautiful motif :love: :love: id love to see some of Tiffany's greater works, i havent been in a store big enough to have them yet (i was in the 5th ave store once but 6 months into my relationship i didnt want to frighten the chap ;)) )

now you mentioned you met John Loring?? amazing! i bet he had a story or two to tell, may i ask how you met him?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1314909917|3007696 said:
Laila619|1314492086|3002510 said:
MissStepcut|1314491665|3002484 said:
I just don't value the Tacori brand enough to justify the markup but do value the history and reputation of T&C. I wonder if there's a bit of a generation gap: Tacori has done lots to build its brand over the past 15 years, and as a young girl I dreamed of a Tacori e-ring. It lost its hold on me in adulthood, though, because my tastes are quite modern and streamlined and I don't gravitate toward the vintage repro look for myself.

I think Tacori pieces are very pretty but I agree with Miss Stepcut. I think they're just way overpriced, especially since they're now selling costume pieces on QVC. I always used to want a Tacori 2620--it's a beauty of a ring!!
Ditto. I just don't find they have the value for the money that I like to see. That being said, they do create some absolutely smashingly pretty designs- I certainly don't think they lack attractiveness... I just think that they should be priced more like Beverly K; the workmanship looks similar to my eye. (I admit to being an enormous snob about vintage repro workmanship however- I only think a tiny select few modern makers can approach actual vintage quality- and Tacori ain't one of them, but it's priced as much.) I mean, if there's a design of theirs you absolutely *have* to have- you know it's going to be lovely and high quality. It just annoys me that they charge so much for it.

I actually don't own any Tiffany. Yet. :naughty: And I would never pay retail for it, but I would absolutely consider vintage/2nd hand Tiffany. But for the first time I'm likely going to get a Tiffany piece. A dealer at the antique mall I work at brought one in severely, severely underpriced. I'm gonna have T&Co authenticate it, but if it's really what it says it is, it's going with me :Up_to_something: . It's a .20 ct Etoile solitaire. The center stone is absolutely beautifully cut, if small! My guess is it's quite recent, probably 5-7 years old.

I adore Louis Comfort Tiffany's glass, however, and I do own a salt cellar in the lovely gold Favrile glass he produced.

For a second there, I forgot that this thread was to praise Tiffany's.

It never ceases to amaze me how different everyone is. When people find out I have a Tacori, they always go crazy. Haven't met anyone who doesn't like Tacori yet but that could be for a ton of reasons. PS is the first place I've met people who don't like it but I guess thats because as I stated in another thread, PS is pretty biased.

I'm not crazy about Leon, WF, or any of the other big names PS vendors. People vary ;-)

I loooooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeee my overpriced, absolutely GORGEOUS Tacori ring :D Never ceases to catch someones eye and for that, I love it most.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You know, I'm not sure what turning down a gift from Tiff's has to do with whether or not we like the brand. I clearly am not above turning down their pieces (both of mine were gifts), but that doesn't change the fact that I would not spend my own money on anything from there. I respect the company and what they've done and how they've built themselves up, but it doesn't stop me from thinking they're over-saturating certain markets and devaluing their brand. Does that mean they don't make knock-out engagement rings? No. I think Kaleigh's is a stunner. I think bee*'s is a stunner. I love their Legacy cut and would love it if somebody came out with a similar stone so that I wouldn't have to pay for that massive setting just to get a stone I find interesting. I just don't value the brand enough to pay their markup. But if somebody else does and wants to gift me a piece? Well, who is going to turn down jewelry (unless it's Lopsy Fugs, in which case - me. I will turn down jewelry)?

Honestly, AN, is everything okay? You seem a little on edge lately. How's school going?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314935799|3008011 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how different everyone is. When people find out I have a Tacori, they always go crazy. Haven't met anyone who doesn't like Tacori yet but that could be for a ton of reasons. PS is the first place I've met people who don't like it but I guess thats because as I stated in another thread, PS is pretty biased.

I'm not crazy about Leon, WF, or any of the other big names PS vendors. People vary ;-)

I loooooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeee my overpriced, absolutely GORGEOUS Tacori ring :D Never ceases to catch someones eye and for that, I love it most.
You're actually touching on one of the interesting PS quirks: Tiffany? Not worth the mark-up! LM/Steven Kirsch/SingleStone? Totally worth it!

It's really a question of what you're after. For what Tacori does, they do it very well. I don't personally care for it, and when I tried them on, the milgraining and other fine detail work literally rubbed me the wrong way and was very uncomfortable. But, I don't think Beverley K quite does what Tacori does, and if that's the look you're going for, nothing else will quite do. Same for the classic Tiffany solitaire, Leon Mege prongs, etc. If it's exactly what you want, it's going to be "worth" more to you.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1314936587|3008018 said:

You're actually touching on one of the interesting PS quirks: Tiffany? Not worth the mark-up! LM/Steven Kirsch/SingleStone? Totally worth it!

It's really a question of what you're after. For what Tacori does, they do it very well. I don't personally care for it, and when I tried them on, the milgraining and other fine detail work literally rubbed me the wrong way and was very uncomfortable. But, I don't think Beverley K quite does what Tacori does, and if that's the look you're going for, nothing else will quite do. Same for the classic Tiffany solitaire, Leon Mege prongs, etc. If it's exactly what you want, it's going to be "worth" more to you.

Just a matter of personal preference. I'd say the same regarding a lot of vendors around here. For you, the mark-up for the above vendors you listed is worth it, for it it isn't and same with Tacori.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

So true! I would pay through the nose for the fluidity and grace of a LM piece.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1314936454|3008015 said:
You know, I'm not sure what turning down a gift from Tiff's has to do with whether or not we like the brand. I clearly am not above turning down their pieces (both of mine were gifts), but that doesn't change the fact that I would not spend my own money on anything from there. I respect the company and what they've done and how they've built themselves up, but it doesn't stop me from thinking they're over-saturating certain markets and devaluing their brand. Does that mean they don't make knock-out engagement rings? No. I think Kaleigh's is a stunner. I think bee*'s is a stunner. I love their Legacy cut and would love it if somebody came out with a similar stone so that I wouldn't have to pay for that massive setting just to get a stone I find interesting. I just don't value the brand enough to pay their markup. But if somebody else does and wants to gift me a piece? Well, who is going to turn down jewelry (unless it's Lopsy Fugs, in which case - me. I will turn down jewelry)?

Honestly, AN, is everything okay? You seem a little on edge lately. How's school going?

Princess, refer to what Kaleigh said. A big reason why I said what I did was because of that and it is something I've observed for quite some time on PS.

Everything is great. I just got done an 18 day break from school and today was my first day back. No studying for a while since it takes some time for the semester to pick up. Not much going on in the wedding planning department except some odds and ends.

Honestly, I just decided that I'm going to start voicing *my* opinion more instead of always agreeing with everyone in fear of someone being nasty to me for disagreeing because now, I just don't care. Nothing more, nothing less.

How are you?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314937040|3008023 said:

Princess, refer to what Kaleigh said. A big reason why I said what I did was because of that and it is something I've observed for quite some time on PS.

Everything is great. I just got done an 18 day break from school and today was my first day back. No studying for a while since it takes some time for the semester to pick up. Not much going on in the wedding planning department except some odds and ends.

Honestly, I just decided that I'm going to start voicing *my* opinion more instead of always agreeing with everyone in fear of someone being nasty to me for disagreeing because now, I just don't care. Nothing more, nothing less.

How are you?

Okay, cool. I just noticed a pretty big tone shift and was worried that something was going on! But I get what you mean about wanting to voice your own opinion. It's just taking me a bit to get used to. ;-)

I'm doing well. That's a lie, I'm doing pretty miserably, but that's a tale for another thread. Sorry for the threadjack, Gypsy, just wanted to make sure AN is okay!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314936838|3008021 said:

Just a matter of personal preference. I'd say the same regarding a lot of vendors around here. For you, the mark-up for the above vendors you listed is worth it, for it it isn't and same with Tacori.
Haha, well, not literally for me! I am going with a simple (and inexpensive) Brian Gavin solitaire and a secondary market diamond. I wasn't willing to pay for Leon's prongs, or Tacori's look, or Tiffany's blue box, or Victor Canera's play-by-plays. But I do think it's interesting where people draw their lines in the sand of what is and isn't "worth it."

And, of course, I love gawking at everyone else's "priorities."

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1314937207|3008029 said:
Autumnovember|1314937040|3008023 said:

How are you?

Okay, cool. I just noticed a pretty big tone shift and was worried that something was going on! But I get what you mean about wanting to voice your own opinion. It's just taking me a bit to get used to. ;-)

I'm doing well. That's a lie, I'm doing pretty miserably, but that's a tale for another thread. Sorry for the threadjack, Gypsy, just wanted to make sure AN is okay!

Oh no no! I just thought that there are a lot of things I don't agree with here sometimes and I know everyone here likes pointing out whatever they don't agree with so I decided to join the crowd.

Life will be miserable in ohhhhhhhhhhh.......2 weeks? I'll disappear for a little while, ha!

Princess, I'd explain further for the shift in tone if we had PM on here....there is more to it but thank you for wondering if I'm ok, haha!

Should we move to Single Ladies thread?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1314937298|3008031 said:

Haha, well, not literally for me! I am going with a simple (and inexpensive) Brian Gavin solitaire and a secondary market diamond. I wasn't willing to pay for Leon's prongs, or Tacori's look, or Tiffany's blue box, or Victor Canera's play-by-plays. But I do think it's interesting where people draw their lines in the sand of what is and isn't "worth it."

That's a very good point, MS. Except I still think PS is biased :o

Done threadjacking but thank you for your sharing your views!!

Colltee

Rough_Rock
All the jewellery I wear on a daily basis is from Tiffany (I don't own much other jewellery at all). Which are my: e-ring ~ a 1.71 H Vvs2 Novo (piccies here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-which-would-you-opt-for.163506/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-which-would-you-opt-for.163506/page-2[/URL]). I wear it with my wedding band which is a platinum Celebration Shared-setting band ring.

I also wear a .91 Tiffany solitaire diamond pendant which I bought as a present to myself for achieving something very special in my career recently and a pair of .56 Solitaire diamond earrings which my hubby bought me a (total) surprise last year :naughty:

I also have one of their platinum Celebration Princess Cut band rings and had a platinum Celebration Channel-set band ring which I used to wear together in a stack on my right-hand ring finger, until I unfortunately lost the latter :(sad With the former (which now sits in it's box) it's a piece I still regret buying, it's a tad boring and was really over-priced when I bough it 2 years ago. I should have gone for something else.

I've got my eye on their Victoria alternating ring to wear on my right hand ~ a design which I never would have been drawn to = too fussy for me, or so I thought until I tried it on a few months ago, it's super pretty :love:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP03666&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+victoria-k+&search=1

However on that note I'll keep dreaming... :lol:

Pendant.png

Wedder.png

Earings.png

RHR.png

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isn't that the truth! Me too :naughty:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helli, Blackpaw - thanks for the compliment! I met John Loring at a reception at the Philadelphia store several years ago - he had published a new book.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly! I think most of the Poloma Picasso and Elsa Perretti lines introduced through Tiffany's were ground-breaking, and I wouldn't be satisfied with a knock-off any more than I'd be satisfied with a copy of the Cartier rolling ring... even though I know that I'm paying something like 5 - or 10 times the value of the materials to get that "original" imprimatur. I'm also willing to pay $$$$ for a pretty blue box, when it comes to a very special gift for someone very special to me!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I love that antique pendant Madame!

Forget porridge, adopt me! I'll be your own personal doctor/assistant/slave! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Just wanted to say a big +1 to this! PS as a whole loves to hate Tiffany but can't seem to get enough of other (IMO similarly overpriced) brands like LM. It's time we realized the hypocrisy in crucifying Tiffany while giving these other vendors a free pass. Bottom line: lots of vendors have a high markup, and it's a matter of personal preference which one you're willing to pay for. We paid almost $2k more for my engagement ring from Whiteflash than the nearly identical one we bought from Costco and returned, but to me it was worth the extra cost for the ACA diamond.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Rosetta!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Tiffany channel set wedding band - 3 mm. My husband has the Tiffany Lucida - 4mm. I had the Etoile and sold it but still have the Bezet band. I will probably sell it too when I get around to it.

I love this channel set band. The markup was high but I had never found another that I liked as well as this one. They do make some nice jewelry but as far as large stones go, I'd probably always go someplace else. Unless money was no object - then I might have a shopping spree there!

Hate these hands up close with no lotion!

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Well for this girl, ill always get a little flutter in my heart over Tiffany pieces. My mom has a fondness and instill to us that it is something special.
When my mom was pretty much flat broke, she found a way to save and get us each (her 3 daughters) the signature tag charm bracelet for our 21st birthdays. It is inscribed with our initials. She always said you can be wearing jeans and a tee shirt but put that on and feel like a million bucks.

We returned the favor and gave her the same for her 50th. Its something we each now have that ties us together, and I always think of my mom and sisters whenever I wear it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1314830436|3006793 said:
When I first joined I wasn't willing to share my Tiffany ering because so many put Tiffany's down. That's fine, I get it. But I get tons of compliments on it. People take my hand and are like OMG.

The other thing?? I had a thread where Nan, sevens one posted pics of my jewelry. Some of ering, etc... Never said where the ering was from, but wasn't hiding that either. I was new, didn't think to say anything excpet for specs. I got tons of compliments...

Funny how that works.

I adore your ring Kaleigh. I get the same reaction to my ring here and no-one knows where it's from. I do agree that the tiffany mark-up is commented on so much whereas the mark-up of other jewellers isn't. Each to their own though.

Madam-your jewellery and bags are to die for-you have exquisite taste!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks,Bee! I was lucky enough to see Kaleigh's ring in person, and the pictures don't do it justice.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1315097830|3009368 said:
Well for this girl, ill always get a little flutter in my heart over Tiffany pieces. My mom has a fondness and instill to us that it is something special.
When my mom was pretty much flat broke, she found a way to save and get us each (her 3 daughters) the signature tag charm bracelet for our 21st birthdays. It is inscribed with our initials. She always said you can be wearing jeans and a tee shirt but put that on and feel like a million bucks.

We returned the favor and gave her the same for her 50th. Its something we each now have that ties us together, and I always think of my mom and sisters whenever I wear it.

I love, love, love this, really touching and what a wonderful thing to do for your mother.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1315250866|3010184 said:
Thanks,Bee! I was lucky enough to see Kaleigh's ring in person, and the pictures don't do it justice.

I'd say it's amazing in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results