shape
carat
color
clarity

TIFFANY....

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few pieces from Tiffanys. An 18k yg 2mm Lucida wedding band, Plat 2mm milgrain wedding band, SS knot earrings and a pair of SS medium hoop earrings. Where I'm from Tiffany jewelry is a big deal and I love looking at my rings or putting my earrings on and thinking "these are from Tiffany!"

I have a small wishlist from Tiffany that I add to every now and then. Mostly silver as the gold and platinum pieces are a bit too much for my modest budget.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
icekid|1314495249|3002938 said:
My only Tiffany is a family heirloom pendant that belonged to my husband's grandmother, custom made for her by his grandfather.. :love: cannot imagine owning anything else, though.

Have we seen photos???

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My flatware is Faneuil by Tiffany, which I have discussed before (in more than one thread) on Pricescope. I think it is heavy and beautiful. I mention it about halfway down the page in this thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sterling-flatware.136917/#post-2454266#p2454266']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sterling-flatware.136917/#post-2454266#p2454266[/URL]

I have also bought many other pieces from Tiffany's. Recently I bought a gold cupcake charm for my charm bracelet (that is pictured in the thread about my charm bracelet in Jewelry Pieces). I also buy gifts there. I almost always buy sterling silver baby spoons as baby gifts for a certain class of people to whom I want to give a baby gift: someone to whose family or parents I am very close but who is not a friend of mine. I also have two or three pairs of gold mesh Elsa Peretti earrings in different sizes from very small to large (pictured). I couldn't resist any of them. I bet there is more!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

GoldMeshEarrings.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1314499342|3003172 said:
My flatware is Faneuil by Tiffany, ...
Deb/AGBF

I bet it's nice!

They had a pattern on their website I loved.

Now it's not there though. :((

I don't remember the name but I want to say something like "Florence," like the city in Italy, minimalist, classicism, in any case.

I would love to have some of these.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I've purchased several tiffany pieces second hand which I believe is the way to do it because you can resell for what you paid. I love so many of their designs but not the markup. The one thing I've bought retail which I consider "so worth it" even though it's only sterling is a pendant with an O-ring hidden clasp to slip charms on. I put my e-ring in there when I'm doing something dirty with my hands and it is perfect for the purpose. It not only has great functionality it's nice subdued casual pendant for everyday. Someone started a thread on hers here and I bought it off her recommendation.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=24945561&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287465-r+101323338+101424818-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

ETA- AGBF, I love their flatwear. The only thing I wanted to register for was Tiffany Audubon but my husband wouldn't go for it so I didn't register for anything.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1314495102|3002908 said:
rainydaze|1314495049|3002887 said:
i adore their bean necklace and was thrilled to get that in the smallest size, along with the silver bow necklace. the name and box really didn't do anything for me, but those designs do!

The bean is really great-I got it for my sister as a gift and I wanted to keep it for myself!

lol, :Up_to_something: . it's just so pretty - simple, clean, the right size spot of light at your neck. i don't have a diamond pendant, and to me this is a nice alternative until a time when i can make a diamond pendant happen!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
One of my favorite possessions is from Tiffany, actually. It's a sterling and enamel treble clef keychain that I got as a present for my bat mitzvah from a dear childhood friend who died later in his teens. I also have a bean necklace that I received as a gift, but it sits in it's box in my sock drawer. I do use the polishing cloth that came with it for other silver, though! Useful :lol:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1314499342|3003172 said:
I also have two or three pairs of gold mesh Elsa Peretti earrings in different sizes from very small to large (pictured). I couldn't resist any of them. I bet there is more!!!

Deb/AGBF

Wow, love these, Deb!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have anything from Tiffany but I'd love to get a Jazz band someday. I don't actually care about the brand name but I haven't found anything quite like theirs out there. Which vendor's Jazz-like band do you think matches closest? BGD?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314486348|3002181 said:
I love that Twist ring. I've been JONSING for these, but just can't wrap my mind around 575 bucks for silver http://international.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=25868633

I'm hoping to find them second hand on ebay soon!

Those are really pretty, Gypsy!

I also love the twist ring, the Elsa Peretti Every Other Link necklace, and some of her other pieces. I don't really wear necklaces though so I doubt I'd actually get one. They're nice though.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Not a great picture, but four years ago my husband bought me the Tiffany Swing three row band and matching bracelet for our anniversary. I adore the bracelet and wear it all the time. The ring not so much. I lost two stones out of it and it is not really that comfortable. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up on these pieces since I got them!

Swingagain.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I have an antique Tiffany sterling silver large hand mirror, that I bought at an antique show in the '80's, for about $150. It looks like something from the '40's, decorative but not overly ornate. In the middle of the (back of the mirror) design is a large oval, which should have a monogram, but no one had ever had it done. Lucky me! :appl:

So, about 20 years later, I took it to a local Tiffany store, and they treated me like a queen. The SA said it was a privilege to see such a lovely piece, that they were thrilled to have it back at Tiffany, etc. She went over the engraving options with me, and we settled on one. Then a few weeks later, she sent me an email; the engraving department in New York had decided that what she and I picked (a small single letter in the middle of the oval) was not doing justice to the mirror. They had sent her a couple of sketches showing what they thought would be better, and she sent them to me. They were way better, very ornate with flourishes, it filled the space better, and made the mirror a beautiful piece. I said okay to one of them.

Six weeks later, the store called and I went to pick up the mirror. They had it wrapped in a Tiffany blue anti-tarnish bag, inside a large blue Tiffany box with Tiffany tissue, wrapped in a ribbon. They had buffed and shined the whole thing, it looked new. I had used the mirror to help me with my makeup every day for the 20 years, and there were spots I was sure would never clean up. The whole exercise cost me about $100.

This is the level of service I got in the early 2000's. I'm not sure I would get that now. This is what "paying too much" is all about; superior service for life. For example, when you pay for a Chanel bag, they will refurbish it for life for a small fee, even today. They will even replace every piece of hardware on the bag (handles, snaps, etc.) for (I think) $65. They'll buff out scratches, etc. for a few dollars. The idea is that it's an "investment" and lasts forever.

It's a shame Tiffany seems to have lost this culture of service.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Actually in the past two years I've bought two engagement rings off of ebay...took them to Tiffany and had them sized, polished, put in the anti-tarnish bags, and even re-appraised for absolutely free. Loved it, but if you get this great service on used pieces too it doesn't make sense to buy them retail but clearly some sucker has to or the whole continuum doesn't work. Also, can I say the the novo I had before my "forever ring" was the only piece I've owned where the workmanship was flawless (including the other tiff).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the heart 'return to tiffany' necklace, and the blue enamel tiffany box pendant,(I love that one!), and a silver 'I love you' ring
that my kids gave me for christmas last year. I also have the little round jewelry case, in black and two of the ceramic bow boxes.

The only piece I don't wear is the return to tiff necklace. My daughter has the pendant with cursive writing on it and it looks lovely on
her when she wears it. I love a lot of their pieces. If I had scads of cash, I would probably buy more from them.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 silver pieces from Tiffany. This one:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26303761&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287465-r+101323338+101323352-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

a heart shaped lock (not the one currently in the catalog), and a circle with a heart cut out of the inside (also not in the catalog anymore). DH bought me all three. He knows that I have a soft spot for hearts :love: He's also gotten me 2 pieces from Tous, which I also love.

I would never buy a diamond or gold from Tiffany, though, as the prices are too inflated. I know the silver pieces are inflated, too, but not to the same extent.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
kelpie I actually really like that necklace! and it does seem useful!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I do not own any tiffany and would never buy new but I have stalked the .5 cross on ebay and will probably buy it eventually, I have looked at many other diamond crosses and I keep going back to that one, something about how it is set, I also watch a band they have inset with a small diamond or colored stone, I like the simplicity of it.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1314536027|3003394 said:
I've purchased several tiffany pieces second hand which I believe is the way to do it because you can resell for what you paid. I love so many of their designs but not the markup. The one thing I've bought retail which I consider "so worth it" even though it's only sterling is a pendant with an O-ring hidden clasp to slip charms on. I put my e-ring in there when I'm doing something dirty with my hands and it is perfect for the purpose. It not only has great functionality it's nice subdued casual pendant for everyday. Someone started a thread on hers here and I bought it off her recommendation.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=24945561&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287465-r+101323338+101424818-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

ETA- AGBF, I love their flatwear. The only thing I wanted to register for was Tiffany Audubon but my husband wouldn't go for it so I didn't register for anything.

LOVE the O-ring-for-the-ering idea!! I think i need that! :naughty:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not anti-tiffany at all. My ering and wedding band are Tiffany (lucida) and I have some silver jewellery also. I've had amazing service each and every time I've been in the different stores and I've had resizing and polishing done free of charge for all of the jewellery I've brought into them.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1314552003|3003622 said:

You do! Tell your fiance that I said it's mandatory for a tourmaline e-ring. You can protect that puppy but still wear it. I think I need a spare. They stopped selling them for a while and just when I looked for it tonight I noticed it was back. I would be lost without mine.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1314559372|3003722 said:

You do! Tell your fiance that I said it's mandatory for a tourmaline e-ring. You can protect that puppy but still wear it. I think I need a spare. They stopped selling them for a while and just when I looked for it tonight I noticed it was back. I would be lost without mine.

Haha! :lol: I actually shall tell him...! It's such a stylish and sensible way to keeping that ring perfect... :Up_to_something:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1314565460|3003806 said:
kelpie|1314559372|3003722 said:

Haha! :lol: I actually shall tell him...! It's such a stylish and sensible way to keeping that ring perfect... :Up_to_something:

it's going on my b-day/christmas list!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have never been a fan of having a brand name simply for the sake of having a brand name. In the days when Tiffany equaled unparalled quality, I'm sure that's where I would have headed, but with so many amazing vendors out there, I don't feel the need to pay extra for a name.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own the silver graduated bead necklace, the silver bead bracelet, and the silver circle tag bracelet. I have to say that I enjoy those pieces and am happy to own them. Would I buy more Tiffany silver??? depends on the piece. I am not against it.. :tongue:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Let's see. I tend to like their accessories more than I like their jewelry.

I own:

sterling silver screwball keychain

sterling silver charm bracelet - the kind with the oval shaped clasps that open with 13 sterling silver charms I selected over the course of a few years that are meaningful to me

a porcelain blue box for my curio cabinet

a silk scarf with the key pattern on it

a blue lacquer purse pen

an 1837 lock pendant necklace - the one with the thick silver chain

both perfumes Tiffany and Tiffany Pure

my husband owns:

1837 design cufflinks and tie bar

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1314545187|3003513 said:
I would never buy a diamond or gold from Tiffany, though, as the prices are too inflated. I know the silver pieces are inflated, too, but not to the same extent.

Actually, I've head it's the opposite. Percentage-wise, the silver pieces are grossly inflated to a much greater extent than the gold and diamond pieces, but they're still more affordable for many because silver is so much cheaper than gold, platinum, and diamonds.

Anyway, I don't hate Tiffany...I think a lot of their designs are lovely and classic. I received as a wedding gift the Elsa Peretti starfish pendant in silver with a tiny diamond. I think it's adorable and feel really privileged to own something that's looked upon as a status symbol, but I don't think I'd buy anything from Tiffany myself. The practical side of me always wins out...I'd rather get a similar design from another vendor for much less cash.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot, I also have a pair of Tiffany sunglasses, purchased last spring.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have the Venetian Link ID bracelet, a gift from my sister a few Christmases ago. She got it on eBay for herself but decided she didn't like it.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01689&mcat=148204&cid=287458&search_params=s+5-p+32-c+287458-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

I don't wear it much since the links aren't very sturdy. :(( I do still have the box and little bag that it came in, though.

I love the Swing and Jazz rings, too. Hence why I had to have the Whiteflash version of the Jazz. :cheeky:

A few months ago, I read Marjorie Hart's book "Summer at Tiffany," about how she and a girl friend were the first women to work on the sales floor (as pages) in the 1940s. I really enjoyed the book.

summerattiffanybook.jpeg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
I own a few pieces of Tiffany silver jewelry, all gifts from SO before we got engaged... I still wear them from time to time, so no regrets! But since we got engaged, I'm totally addicted to diamonds and would much rather invest in real bling instead of paying the Tiffany premium...unless it's a really nice piece. I have the T&Co necklace, heart lock pendant, open heart ring, 1873 circle bracelet (my favourite), loving heart earrings, and somerset ring... Here are pictures of some of my pieces :love: :love: :love:

Somerset Ring.JPG

Loving Heart.JPG

1873 Circle Bracelet.JPG

Open Heart Ring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results