clarity

TIFFANY....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314489729|3002359 said:
canuk-gal|1314489511|3002344 said:
HI:

I always look for Estate Tiffany pieces to buy...I could kick myself on a diamond ring I recently missed...gonegonegone....

cheers--Sharon

I do too. There are a few estate Tiffany piece that I hunt for ... haven't found quite the right ones yet, but I'm always hoping.

Do you have a pic of the ring you missed?

No Gypsy--but it was a plain .46 solitare from Oakgem.com. Well priced. ICOULDKICKMYSELF. OK that is my vent.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1314490723|3002421 said:
Feb03Bride|1314489716|3002358 said:
Er, can I raise my hand to say that I'm
I like a lot of Tiffany fine jewelry because much of it is very classic and won't go out of style. I will try to buy pieces on the second hand market, though. Speaking of which, I really miss Signed Pieces. I trusted that their designer pieces were authentic and they usually had good things coming in. The only other piece that I have bought there was one of the open heart necklaces for my older daughter.

Ditto. Bought Tiffany, Cartier there. Miss them! :(sad

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1314491146|3002451 said:
HI:

I always look for Estate Tiffany pieces to buy...I could kick myself on a diamond ring I recently missed...gonegonegone....

cheers--Sharon

I do too. There are a few estate Tiffany piece that I hunt for ... haven't found quite the right ones yet, but I'm always hoping.

No Gypsy--but it was a plain .46 solitare from Oakgem.com. Well priced. ICOULDKICKMYSELF. OK that is my vent.

cheers--Sharon

I hate that. ((HUGS)) Oakgem is a pretty good seller, I browse there too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I have noticed that the Tiffany resellers on ebay have much higher prices than SP did. It makes me wish I had bought more while I had the chance. (Not to mention I ordered and returned a Tiffany eternity with 15 pointers that looked like new!!!!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1314491462|3002469 said:
Sharon, I have noticed that the Tiffany resellers on ebay have much higher prices than SP did. It makes me wish I had bought more while I had the chance. (Not to mention I ordered and returned a Tiffany eternity with 15 pointers that looked like new!!!!)

DS:

I've found that with ebay as well.

I guess we all have one of those "kick myself" moments.....(and they are always with jewellery! :bigsmile: )

cheers--Sharon

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really? I've never gotten an anti-Tacori vibe here at all. May I ask, why you feel that way? Or maybe I'm oblivious because everyone knows I would yank Tacori E-rings wedding set in a second :devil: :cheeky: :love:
I'll admit to being in the anti-Tacori camp. Funny, though, that I'm in the pro-Tiffany camp. I guess I just don't value the Tacori brand enough to justify the markup but do value the history and reputation of T&C. I wonder if there's a bit of a generation gap: Tacori has done lots to build its brand over the past 15 years, and as a young girl I dreamed of a Tacori e-ring. It lost its hold on me in adulthood, though, because my tastes are quite modern and streamlined and I don't gravitate toward the vintage repro look for myself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314491431|3002465 said:
canuk-gal|1314491146|3002451 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I hate that. ((HUGS)) Oakgem is a pretty good seller, I browse there too.

Thanks Gypsy. They are on "my favorite" list....

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to look at Oakgem a lot, thanks for remidning me of it.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1314491031|3002445 said:
The facets side of them got bought out by the company that now owns them, and left the signed pieces part. Supposedly the SP part was continuing but the site never had anything on it, and was eventually not loading. But it is back working again, so perhaps the same company also bought that up. I had gotten an email from Facets about 2 weeks ago maybe saying they were now selling secondhand "signed pieces"...

Thanks, ame. Did not know that. Sucks.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Betteridge.com has second-hand signed pieces too.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissStepcut|1314491665|3002484 said:
I just don't value the Tacori brand enough to justify the markup but do value the history and reputation of T&C. I wonder if there's a bit of a generation gap: Tacori has done lots to build its brand over the past 15 years, and as a young girl I dreamed of a Tacori e-ring. It lost its hold on me in adulthood, though, because my tastes are quite modern and streamlined and I don't gravitate toward the vintage repro look for myself.

I think Tacori pieces are very pretty but I agree with Miss Stepcut. I think they're just way overpriced, especially since they're now selling costume pieces on QVC. I always used to want a Tacori 2620--it's a beauty of a ring!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Twinkle*twinkle*|1314491998|3002504 said:
ame|1314491031|3002445 said:
The facets side of them got bought out by the company that now owns them, and left the signed pieces part. Supposedly the SP part was continuing but the site never had anything on it, and was eventually not loading. But it is back working again, so perhaps the same company also bought that up. I had gotten an email from Facets about 2 weeks ago maybe saying they were now selling secondhand "signed pieces"...

Thanks, ame. Did not know that. Sucks.
Yea I only learned that when I was rebuying my band after the theft two years ago. I had ordered through the site and got a call from one of the guys to finalize it and they told me. I thought both Isaac and Pawel stayed on.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feb03Bride|1314489810|3002367 said:
Autumnovember|1314484931|3002151 said:
I think its anti-Tacori too. quote]

Really? I've never gotten an anti-Tacori vibe here at all. May I ask, why you feel that way? Or maybe I'm oblivious because everyone knows I would yank Tacori E-rings wedding set in a second :devil: :cheeky: :love:

I own a couple of silver Tiffany's pieces. Nothing too exciting. I do love my bean necklace though.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I own a sterling chain. I probably would buy from tiffany again, their pricing isn't out of the water anymore and I value the convenience.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissStepcut|1314492010|3002506 said:
Betteridge.com has second-hand signed pieces too.

Good to know! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Canuk-gal, I am still trolling OakGem in the hopes that a .5ctw cross pendant comes up. There are a few on Ebay, but I don't think i am willing to take the risk.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I like a lot of Tiffany pieces, just not enough to pay the blue box tax as Lottie UK put it. I love the look of the Elsa Peretti Bone cuff but couldn't justify the price ($900 for sterling) so I bought a bracelet that's similar (but not a copy) from an Etsy silversmith for 1/3 the price.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
I would love to own a Tiffany piece but just can't swallow the pricetag! I really love their stuff!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also miss Signed Pieces! I never bought anything, but I saw plenty I wanted! I hope they get going again!

klop1986

Rough_Rock
i really enjoyed brekfast at tiff...

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own any Tiffany's myself, but love ogling the items there! The first E-ring I fell in love with was the Tiffany Novo, and I have 3 friends who have the classic solitaire, all gorgeous rings.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i adore their bean necklace and was thrilled to get that in the smallest size, along with the silver bow necklace. the name and box really didn't do anything for me, but those designs do!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1314495049|3002887 said:
i adore their bean necklace and was thrilled to get that in the smallest size, along with the silver bow necklace. the name and box really didn't do anything for me, but those designs do!

The bean is really great-I got it for my sister as a gift and I wanted to keep it for myself!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1314494212|3002670 said:
Canuk-gal, I am still trolling OakGem in the hopes that a .5ctw cross pendant comes up. There are a few on Ebay, but I don't think i am willing to take the risk.

Good on ya :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any Tiffany. I have bought for my cousins from there.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
My only Tiffany is a family heirloom pendant that belonged to my husband's grandmother, custom made for her by his grandfather.. :love: cannot imagine owning anything else, though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two silver Tiffany pendants. Luckily I bought them a year or two before the prices went up. One is the small open heart pereti pendant and the other is the silver star fish pendant. During the first few summers I owned the star fish, I wore it often, but I didn't wear my heart pendant as much as I had anticipated. Ended up being too trendy.

I do admit, if I won the lotto, and won enough, I'd go and do a shopping spree there, but it would be very VERY classic items that would stand the test of time. (like you had asked in the favorite solitaire thread - I'd be one who'd be happy purchasing an simple solitaire from Tiff)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissStepcut|1314491665|3002484 said:
I'll admit to being in the anti-Tacori camp. Funny, though, that I'm in the pro-Tiffany camp. I guess I just don't value the Tacori brand enough to justify the markup but do value the history and reputation of T&C. I wonder if there's a bit of a generation gap: Tacori has done lots to build its brand over the past 15 years, and as a young girl I dreamed of a Tacori e-ring. It lost its hold on me in adulthood, though, because my tastes are quite modern and streamlined and I don't gravitate toward the vintage repro look for myself.

I agree, MSC. Great point about it being a generational thing. I mean, 10 years ago when vintage was just starting to catch on, I really wanted something that style for a wedding band. My jeweler at the time talked me into something very clean and classic instead. I was ticked about it at the time, but got over it. Now, when looking for wedding bands to go with my new solitaire, which is simple and classic, I gravitate towards that same look. I like to look at the vintage/antique style rings and they're gorgeous, but they just aren't for me.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH bought me a silver Elsa Peretti heart pendant years ago--it was the only thing we could afford at the time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results