shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Victoria Earrings on eBay - help

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely PS'rs
I'm still wanting to buy the Tiffany Victoria earrings.

I found some on eBay and this same pair are on 1st Dibs which makes me feel confident that they are genuine.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Tiffany-Co-Victoria-Platinum-Diamond-Earrings-5400-/401142491291?nav=SEARCH

I'm a bit confused at the listing says retail at T&Co is $8550 for the small size which is .64ct total, where as the mini is $4990 and is .19ctw

The Ebay listing says Tiffany retails their listing for $5400 and is .64tcw so is this a really good buy or am I missing something?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where does it say $8550? The Tiffany website has them at $5400 USD.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Ok silly me when I go to Australian site we have them as:
SMALL - $8550 .64ctw
MINI - $4900 .19ctw

USA site has:
MEDIUM - $8550 .92ctw
SMALL - $5400 .64

This makes no sense at all. But basically if I buy the .64ctw here I'll be paying $8550 vs $5400USD which saves me around $1000.

If I buy them second had then I have saved around 50%.

Id love opinions on this actual ebay listing and anyone who has purchased from this dealer either through eBay or 1stDibs.

Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vendor is a good one.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lauren, as a fellow Aussie, don't forget that when you buy overseas your exchange rate (AUD to US) when paying by Visa or Paypal or even bank transfer will be 3 or 4 % worse than any online conversion amount you see. They all charges their fees by giving you a lower rate. And don't forget our lovely GST, your item will be subject to 10% tax on the whole amount plus the customs/ processing fee (another $60 or so if you do it yourself through Aust Post but maybe another $120 if Fed eX does it for you).And you want insured, registered shipping too, add another $80 to $100 Aussie $ to the total. Bummer I know.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy and Bron - I'm cool with all the exchange and Gst duty etc. it's still cheaper than buying them brand new here and I have never found a second hand pair for sale in Oz.

The vendor has no paperwork or box or original anything but they do pride themselves in their knowledge of high end pieces and don't consign, so they've paid for these themselves and are now selling them.

From the listing and pics, what do you feel?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Still have no idea why price difference is quite a bit from USA to Aus Tiffany sites.... Anyway, vendor has said best he will do is $2750usd which I think is pretty awesome. This is $3500aud but to buy this size from Tiffany here would cost me $8550aud.... Think I shouldn't pass these up!

Can I take second hand Tiffany items into a Tiffany store for polish, check etc?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not uncommon to find significant price difference between two markets (eg AUS vs US), since the oil price crashed and the USD strengthened two years ago, although things have settled down recently. This is especially true for some luxury brands such as Tiffany and LV who don't react frequently and rapidly to currency exchange rate changes.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
flyingpig|1475101276|4081772 said:
It is not uncommon to find significant price difference between two markets (eg AUS vs US), since the oil price crashed and the USD strengthened two years ago, although things have settled down recently. This is especially true for some luxury brands such as Tiffany and LV who don't react frequently and rapidly to currency exchange rate changes.
Thanks flyingpig - yes you're right, still I would have thought they'd have universal prices. :)

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1475101825|4081777 said:
flyingpig|1475101276|4081772 said:
Thanks flyingpig - yes you're right, still I would have thought they'd have universal prices. :)

They try. But it is hard in this environment. I know this because I am a Canadian who got hit the most by the oil price crash. And we do ALOT of price comparison against the US market.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
It sucks doesn't it? Our dollar is fairly on par with the Canadian so I feel your pain! On a side note - my husband and I visited Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise, Toronto) earlier this year and LOVED IT!!!!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am back from my honeymoon in France. It HURT SO BAD.
It appears that CAD/AUS exchange rate has been somewhat stable.

Anyways, good luck with your earrings.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I've purchased from that vendor and had a very good experience.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
RockOnReen|1475105139|4081793 said:
I've purchased from that vendor and had a very good experience.
Thanks RockOnReen! Always good to hear a positive experience!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results