shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Victoria custom - help

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
C4AC5F12-C485-4163-8F6A-19BFF1932E44.png 9398B356-FEF7-4670-A56E-3455B0DF23D8.jpeg hello! Ages ago I sought some advice about having a jeweler create a pair of Tiffany victoria studs. The general consensus was that I should buy Tiffany as finding 8 marquise with no bow tie and all matching could be difficult...

Well my jeweler has sourced 8 marquise - I will attach pic. But he has quoted me $6500 for total carat weight of 0.62 e/f vs marquise set in platinum. For same size (Tiffany is 0.64ctw) is $8550 (this is all Aussie dollars).

Do I spend an extra $2k on the real deal, keep looking second hand (which is proving hard to find) or maybe ask him to drop his colour since they are earrings and bring the price down?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones are truly beautiful! The question then becomes about the earring settings - will your jeweler be able to make settings that will satisfy the Tiffany need? Is it the Tiffany brand you want or are look a likes just as good for you? They won't be completely identical and if you need that, there's nothing like the real thing. I can't really advise you on this as I could see justification for going both ways. It really just boils down to what aspect of the earrings is most important to you. The good news is either way I think you're going to end up with beautiful earrings!!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found second hand easy to find on eBay. I guess I would recommend that if you’re open to it.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Tiffany Victoria ring, and honestly the marquise stones are nothing to write home about. They all have a bowtie, and they aren't very sparkly. :???:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i am terribly impressed, he did a really great job of matching stones! Do you WANT the Tiffany name?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jeweller has done a great job sourcing these, can’t have been easy!

However, to me, both of those prices seem very high indeed for 0.6 ish carats of diamonds. If it were me, I’d keep looking for a preloved pair.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I also feel he did an outstanding job sourcing these! I also feel it’s extremely high.... the setting is not complicated but possibly fiddley.... I don’t NEED the Tiffany name but I’m leaning toward second hand Tiffany if I can keep it closer to $4-5k aussie.....

Wondering if I source my diamonds else where I may get for a better price then the actual making of the earrings would be more feasible?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results