shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany setting replica and donut height

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right section! I tried to do my best, not being a native English speaker ! I wanted to ask for your help because we are looking for a solitaire ring as similar as possible to the Tiffany setting. I already own a LGD solitaire purchased on James Allen, the six prong knife edge, but the head is too squatty (as you can see from the first two images). I would like a ring (for our anniversary) with a higher profile, like the Tiffany setting. I read that the Vatche u113 is similar but I'm not very due to the thickness of the band . I found the London knife edge solitaire from By Bonnie Jewelry (an example in the other two photos) but I find that the prices of LGD rings are higher than those of other sites such as Whiteflash or James Allen. Can you advise us? Thank you!

photo_2024-02-12_17-04-52.jpg

photo_2024-02-12_17-04-55.jpg

photo_2024-02-12_17-05-00.jpg

photo_2024-02-12_17-05-03.jpg

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right section! I tried to do my best, not being a native English speaker ! I wanted to ask for your help because we are looking for a solitaire ring as similar as possible to the Tiffany setting. I already own a LGD solitaire purchased on James Allen, the six prong knife edge, but the head is too squatty (as you can see from the first two images). I would like a ring (for our anniversary) with a higher profile, like the Tiffany setting. I read that the Vatche u113 is similar but I'm not very due to the thickness of the band . I found the London knife edge solitaire from By Bonnie Jewelry (an example in the other two photos) but I find that the prices of LGD rings are higher than those of other sites such as Whiteflash or James Allen. Can you advise us? Thank you!

Can you explain this sentence...I think you left a word out so its a little confusing.

Do you like everything about the JA setting but the height of the stone (it does look squatty)? If so, you could go with that but ask the
stone be set medium (vs low like you got) and send pictures that show what you mean by "medium".

Whiteflash has dont several of the Vatche u113 settings for Pricescopers. I think its a lovely setting.

Last edited:

Klee__

Rough_Rock
I read that the Vatche u113 is similar but I'm not very convinced due to the thickness of the band” sorry i missed a word! xD thank you for the advice. Yes, I like everything except the fact that the head is stubby, but now I don't trust myself to buy it again on JA. I saw that Whiteflash stones have really good prices and very good quality, I will look for more images of the Vatche u113 to see if it can be for me

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dont know what to tell you because most people on Pricescope who have done the research say that the U-113 is the closest.
Whiteflash has a few designs that are similar to the Tiffany. Did you see them?

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Dont know what to tell you because most people on Pricescope who have done the research say that the U-113 is the closest.
Whiteflash has a few designs that are similar to the Tiffany. Did you see them?

Thanks, I'll take a look

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I actually love the lower set stone with JA. Will you be selling your present setting. I’m not sure of your stone size but I may be interested. Thank you.

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
I actually love the lower set stone with JA. Will you be selling your present setting. I’m not sure of your stone size but I may be interested. Thank you.

thank you for your appreciation. Unfortunately it is not for sale because it has great sentimental value, but thank you for the proposal!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Why not have it custom made? Try David Klass

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Why not have it custom made? Try David Klass

Tahnks! where can I find him? I'm from Italy and I don't know if he ships internationally. While looking on the forum I saw the splendid u113 ring of @Tonks and I saw that the WF SA listened to her requests to customize the setting and did a splendid job!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Tahnks! where can I find him? I'm from Italy and I don't know if he ships internationally. While looking on the forum I saw the splendid u113 ring of @Tonks and I saw that the WF SA listened to her requests to customize the setting and did a splendid job!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! If you’re going for a Tiffany replica you really cannot do better than the Vatche U113. I would have zero concerns about width. If you’re looking at measurements online and freaked out about width, remember that it’s a knife edge. It looks much visually thinner than the measurements would suggest.

I looked at Tiffany and tried on their six prong setting (one of my threads has photos), and while there might be slight differences between that one and the U113, they are *extremely* slight. I didn’t really customize my setting—I just specified stone height and how I wanted the prongs finished.

Good luck!

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
I have not seen a setting close to T&Co yet. Vatche u113 may be close for maybe 1ct stone size 6 ring ish. When carat size goes up, T&co seemed to adjust the width, height of the basket, donut and band to maintain the aesthetics. Vatche and others do not. They merely fit a larger basket on the unmodified band.

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
I have not seen a setting close to T&Co yet. Vatche u113 may be close for maybe 1ct stone size 6 ring ish. When carat size goes up, T&co seemed to adjust the width, height of the basket, donut and band to maintain the aesthetics. Vatche and others do not. They merely fit a larger basket on the unmodified band.
Thank you! this is exactly what happened with my JA. I was reading on Whiteflash that they also make custom settings, so maybe starting from the Vatche you can get to something similar to the Tiffany setting.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some cads of two I’ve had done recently. And some photos. David Klass.

Your donut looks pretty low. Some original Tiffany settings have that low of a donut once you get into larger carat sizes. I’d ask for a re-make if you’re not satisfied though.

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Here are some cads of two I’ve had done recently. And some photos. David Klass.

Your donut looks pretty low. Some original Tiffany settings have that low of a donut once you get into larger carat sizes. I’d ask for a re-make if you’re not satisfied though.

Thanks for the cads! I’ll take a look. Unfortunately I couldn't ask for a re-make because I often already had problems with italian FedEx and I didn't trust to send it back

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

I honestly think DK’s work is more like the OG Tiffany setting than the Vatche. I almost went with the Vatche when I bought my diamonds from Whiteflash. Seeing the finished product made me happy I went with David.

IMG_1085.jpeg IMG_1084.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my 4.2 carat Vatche U113 (left) next to a 3 carat Tiffany I (right), if it helps.
I will look to see if I have a comparison from other angles, but as someone who has tried on a larger Tiffany 6 prong and owns a larger U113, I would tell you they are virtually indistinguishable. A Tiffany SA thought I had a Tiffany ring.

74A0B1CE-3496-42DA-B7B3-81605DC06161.jpeg

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Here’s my 4.2 carat Vatche U113 (left) next to a 3 carat Tiffany I (right), if it helps.
I will look to see if I have a comparison from other angles, but as someone who has tried on a larger Tiffany 6 prong and owns a larger U113, I would tell you they are virtually indistinguishable. A Tiffany SA thought I had a Tiffany ring.

74A0B1CE-3496-42DA-B7B3-81605DC06161.jpeg

Thank you!! I read your post with the story of your ring and it's beautiful... I really think I'll choose the vatche u113 as soon as I have the chance!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Hello. I purchased my 2.75ct lab grown round brilliant diamond in a 6 prong 14k white gold solitaire setting in December. I bought the whole package from Dreamstone. They are based out of NYC and FL. But I made custom changes to their six prong classic solitaire ring in 14k white gold for $550 and they did not charge me extra either. The ring comes in platinum 18k white and gold silver as well. I will post a few pictures of mine. It maybe slightly different from Tiffany’s but on their website they have a custom ring that looks exactly like the Tiff one now they will create for you. I worked with Ethan and he emailed me back and forth the entire process sending videos and I sent pictures of what I wanted. IMG_2561.png

Attachments

• IMG_1440.png
    IMG_1440.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1539.png
    IMG_1539.png
    479.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1545.jpeg
    IMG_1545.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 19

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
Hello. I purchased my 2.75ct lab grown round brilliant diamond in a 6 prong 14k white gold solitaire setting in December. I bought the whole package from Dreamstone. They are based out of NYC and FL. But I made custom changes to their six prong classic solitaire ring in 14k white gold for $550 and they did not charge me extra either. The ring comes in platinum 18k white and gold silver as well. I will post a few pictures of mine. It maybe slightly different from Tiffany’s but on their website they have a custom ring that looks exactly like the Tiff one now they will create for you. I worked with Ethan and he emailed me back and forth the entire process sending videos and I sent pictures of what I wanted. IMG_2561.png

The ring is absolutely beautiful on your hand! The size and proportions are perfect!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
The ring is absolutely beautiful on your hand! The size and proportions are perfect!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it. Yes I sure do love it and enjoying it still.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results