shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany 6 prong repro by David Klass

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Dropping in to share this repro I just had made by DK. Hoping it’ll be potentially helpful for someone in the future. As helpful as the many Tiffany replica threads have been to me.

Adding some photos, it’s a 1 carat in the platinum setting.
If I had it to do over again, I’d have a taller donut and up the band width to 2.8 tapering down to 2.2. Not to say DK didn’t give me exactly what I asked for, he definitely did.

IMG_9399.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best repro I have ever seen, hands down. It’s beautiful!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
The best repro I have ever seen, hands down. It’s beautiful!

Thank you, that’s awesome. I was considering the U113 from WF. But DK came in considerably lower in price. I’m very pleased with it.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I have a Tiffany only because I bought it 13 years ago after it was traded to a local jeweler when a proposal didn't happen. This repro is excellent, looks just like mine. Mine was originally bought in 1997.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I have a Tiffany only because I bought it 13 years ago after it was traded to a local jeweler when a proposal didn't happen. This repro is excellent, looks just like mine. Mine was originally bought in 1997.

Hah, that’s great. I love the Tiffany setting. Tiffany’s craftsmanship is excellent and their design aesthetic is something I have always loved, especially Peretti and Gehry. I have loved every piece I’ve ever had, over-priced or not ;)2

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Hah, that’s great. I love the Tiffany setting. Tiffany’s craftsmanship is excellent and their design aesthetic is something I have always loved, especially Peretti and Gehry. I have loved every piece I’ve ever had, over-priced or not ;)2

Same here, I have a ton of their pieces and love them, just would not have bought the solitaire new from them because I feel it's something that can easily be done just as nicely for much less cost, which your ring absolutely proves. The jeweler who took my Tiffany diamond in on trade was having trouble selling it again because no one wanted a preowned ring even though it had not been given or worn. So he offered it to me in 2010 for what he said he paid for it which was less than 40% of what it was purchased for in 1997, it had all paperwork with it. I figured I could at least sell it for that down the road but I can't bring myself to part with it. I've loved it.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
That is dreamy!! Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done! Looks lovely.

cheers--Sharon

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Same here, I have a ton of their pieces and love them, just would not have bought the solitaire new from them because I feel it's something that can easily be done just as nicely for much less cost, which your ring absolutely proves. The jeweler who took my Tiffany diamond in on trade was having trouble selling it again because no one wanted a preowned ring even though it had not been given or worn. So he offered it to me in 2010 for what he said he paid for it which was less than 40% of what it was purchased for in 1997, it had all paperwork with it. I figured I could at least sell it for that down the road but I can't bring myself to part with it. I've loved it.

I would’ve taken that deal, too. For certain.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Here is mine! Also from DK. I was specific and asked for a higher donut and slightly more up-to-date prong cut-outs (not sure what they are called). It was exactly two years ago and still love it to pieces. Would not change a thing! When I went to Tiffany, they offered me a free cleaning (automatically assuming it was their ring.) IMG_7847.jpg

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @Alybetter ! Congratulations! My 14k white gold solitaire setting is in need of a dip and I‘m leaning towards just resetting in platinum in this style. Thanks for sharing your CAD!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Here is mine! Also from DK. I was specific and asked for a higher donut and slightly more up-to-date prong cut-outs (not sure what they are called). It was exactly two years ago and still love it to pieces. Would not change a thing! When I went to Tiffany, they offered me a free cleaning (automatically assuming it was their ring.) IMG_7847.jpg

Love your setting too, @daisygrl ! Your diamond is closer in size to mine. Do you mind sharing the CAD for your setting? I’m leaning towards resetting in platinum vs. dipping my current 14k setting.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

Love it! If I ever have him make another, I’ll be choosing a higher donut as well. Thanks for sharing it!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful @Alybetter ! Congratulations! My 14k white gold solitaire setting is in need of a dip and I‘m leaning towards just resetting in platinum in this style. Thanks for sharing your CAD!

Of course, you’re very welcome.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection! Just so classic!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your setting too, @daisygrl ! Your diamond is closer in size to mine. Do you mind sharing the CAD for your setting? I’m leaning towards resetting in platinum vs. dipping my current 14k setting.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I did not keep the cad but was wondering if DK has it in their work order history.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Dropping back in to share another Tiffany repro by David. This one is for a 1.6 carat, the donut is taller and the band thickness tapers from 3.5mm to 2.2mm.

DK 96886-QUAD-1.png

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These all look amazing. I’m thinking of asking DK to do this with my diamond; but I’m confused by different donut heights, band thickness/tapering. How’d you determine this and can you explain your thought on if you were to do it again you’d do XYZ? Thank you!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loooove DKs 6 prong tiffany style rings. He does an amazing job

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results